Prep Football | Championship ends 35-year drought for Wheaton North
Wheaton North won the fourth state football championship in school history and first since 1986 Saturday, beating St. Rita 35-6 in the Class 7A title game at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb.
News | Aurora police rescue five from burning home; officer among six injuredAurora police officers rescued five people who were trapped inside a burning home early Saturday morning on the city's east side, authorities said.
Prep Football | Late defensive stand key as Cary-Grove wins Class 6A championshipCary-Grove's defense held tight when it had to Saturday and the Trojans completed an undefeated season with a stunning 37-36 win over top-ranked East St. Louis in the Class 6A state championship football game at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb.
News | The Week That Was: Schaumburg hotel murder, DuPage Democrat's tweets, Thorntons in MundeleinProgress for the Thorntons gas station planned in Mundelein. DuPage Democratic party social media director resigns over "karma" tweets about Waukesha deaths. Elgin mourns Mike Alft. First-degree murder charge in death of woman in Schaumburg hotel. Families sue in Astroworld deaths of two Naperville men.
News | Suburban Skyview: A spot of color brightens Lake Glenview panoramaIn this week's Suburban Skyview photo column, a trio of small maple trees displaying red foliage brighten an otherwise mundane landscape on the island between a pair of bridges at Lake Glenview.
News | Zion man killed in Gurnee shootingOne person was killed in a shooting in Gurnee Saturday afternoon, according to law enforcement officials.
Prep Football | Lockport's defense stymies Maine South in Class 8A title gameMaine South couldn't crack Lockport's defense and fell 24-6 in the Class 8A state championship game at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb.
Crime | Westchester man charged in attempted home invasion in Oak BrookA 24-year-old Westchester man is being held in DuPage County jail on charges he tried to break into a couple's Oak Brook home while armed with a gun on Thanksgiving night.
Crime | Sheriff's police investigate carjacking in Green OaksLake County sheriff's police are searching for suspects involved in a Saturday morning carjacking in Green Oaks.
News | 13 cases of omicron variant in Dutch testing of travelersThe Dutch public health authority says 13 people who arrived in the Netherlands on flights from South Africa on Friday have so far tested positive for the new omicron coronavirus variant.
Columns | Grammar Moses: Enjoy some Thanksgiving leftoversJim has been on vacation, but he left you some tasty leftovers.
News | Former Libertyville, Hoffman Estates police chief diesClint Herdegen was still a patrolman at heart when he led the Hoffman Estates police department for more than a decade. "He wasn't a stuck-in-the-office type of guy," Mayor Bill McLeod said. Herdegen, a former police chief in Hoffman Estates and Libertyville, died Nov. 22 at home surrounded by his family. He was 61.
- 9:59 AMHonduran election could oust long-ruling National party
- 9:57 AMKey moments since Jussie Smollett reported Chicago attack
- 9:48 AMResearchers try producing potato resistant to climate change
- 9:34 AMCambodian prince and politician Norodom Ranariddh dies at 77
- 9:23 AMUSGS: Magnitude-7.5 earthquake strikes northern Peru
More Suburban News Find your community
- HuntleyConstruction of new Huntley Hampton Inn delayed by supply, labor issues
- NewsVisitation Sunday for Argonne National Laboratory firefighter who died on duty
- MundeleinMultiple fire departments respond to Mundelein fire
- Buffalo GroveGiant menorah will be lit on first night of Hanukkah in Buffalo Grove
- CaryCary man accused of walking away from DUI crash
- ElginElgin Farmers Market draws more shoppers, vendors than in 2020
- CaryCary man charged with traveling to meet minor at Shorewood store
- Vernon HillsDirector for Vernon Hills volleyball club suspended for racial remark
- Boys' BasketballHononegah overtakes Barrington in second half
- Boys' BasketballHot-shooting Evans helps Stevenson dump Palatine
- Boys' BasketballLibertyville holds off St. Viator in OT
- Boys' BasketballOswego East's defense denies Neuqua Valley tourney title
- 12:37 AMSt. Charles High School Class of '60 celebrate 60th reunion
- 11:10 PMCollege of DuPage, Hinsdale District 86 partner on Outdoor Living Skills class
- 11:04 PMCollege of DuPage MPTV students earn top awards at After Hours Student Film Festival
- 10:38 PMGlen Ellyn-Wheaton Chorale's 'Wintersong' returns with a 'Merry and Bright' theme Dec. 3-4
- 10:05 PMSign up for Gail Borden's holiday events, workshops
- 9:32 PMChristmastime at Fine Line artisan gift sale returns Dec. 2-7
- 9:29 PMShop for gifts at DuPage Art League's Yuletide Treasures in Wheaton
- 8:17 PMWinners named for 2021 Governor's Volunteer Service Awards
Inside Daily Herald