News | New life (and name) for a suburban classic: Hotelier, village are reviving Indian Lakes Resort
Indian Lakes Resort faced an uncertain future when the hotel property went up for sale two years ago. But the Frank Lloyd Wright-influenced resort is showing signs of new life as hotel renovations progress and Bloomingdale leaders finalize plans for a golf course redo.
News | Free at-home COVID-19 test kits are back. Here's how to get yours.Effective Monday, the government's gifting COVID-19 tests again. Here's how to get new ones and how to check if the old ones you're hoarding still work.
Columns | Secretary of state's office makes changes amid complaints about appointment systemSecretary of state deploys more resources, opens two senior centers to handle new appointment system. Some seniors report frustration with redo.
Cook County | 'We do not want you as our landlords': Homeowners resist Rolling Meadows annexation pushThough they can't force them, Cook County and Rolling Meadows officials say they at least want to have a conversation with homeowners in two unincorporated subdivisions to annex into the city. But the homeowners say they've gotten that pitch before and want nothing of it.
Bears | Eberflus believes in Fields: 'We just need to see the fruits of the labor'Bears coach Matt Eberflus focused on the individual details a day after his team suffered a 41-10 loss to Kansas City on Sunday.
Commercial Real Estate | Schaumburg officials to consider proposal for fourth marijuana dispensarySchaumburg trustees will consider a plan Tuesday to allow the village's fourth recreational marijuana dispensary in a majority of the former Omega Restaurant, which closed in March at the corner of Irving Park and Wise roads.
Politics | Duckworth has earned more than $1.6 million from memoir sales, documents showDemocratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Hoffman Estates has collected more than $1.6 million in royalties from the sales of her memoir since its initial publication more than two years ago, federal documents reveal.
News | Rolling Meadows Library director resigning little more than a year after his hiringA little more than a year after taking the helm at the Rolling Meadows Library, Executive Director Kevin Medows is stepping down.
Crime | Aurora man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl, takes 14-year prison sentenceAn Aurora man has pleaded guilty to aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Martin Zaca, 48, of the 100 block of North Smith Street, agreed to a sentence of 14 years in prison on Sept. 21.
Kane County | St. Charles-area man sentenced to 11 years for sexually assaulting childA St. Charles-area man is sentenced to 11 years in prison for sexual assault and abuse of a child.
Commercial Real Estate | Will former Old Navy store in Vernon Hills be converted to a fitness center?A low-cost fitness center could fill the long vacant Old Navy space in the Marketplace of Vernon Hills shopping center.
Politics | Where local members of Congress went on lobbyist-funded tripsSix members of the congressional delegation serving the North, West or Northwest suburbs took trips abroad last year funded by special interest groups, federal documents show.
- 9:27 PMStephen Sanchez conjures early rock 'n' roll on debut album 'Angel Face,' tour at Chicago's Riv
- 9:09 PMTexas Walmart shooter agrees to pay more than $5M to families over 2019 racist attack
- 7:44 PMRussia's Black Sea Fleet commander among 34 killed in a missile strike in Crimea, Ukraine claims
- 7:31 PMScreenwriters wait to learn terms of deal with Hollywood studios to end historic strike
- 7:28 PMHere's when your favorite show may return as writers strike is on the verge of ending
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleNo injuries in Naperville fire
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills home left uninhabitable after late night fire
- GenevaGeneva underpass to close Saturday for train bridge repair
- Prep FootballFitzpatrick, Barrington run by Fremd
- AddisonOakton College celebrates Hispanic heritage with free events
- CrimePark Ridge real estate developer convicted
- HuntleyHuntley woman raises butterflies to release into the wild
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village leaders hosting town-hall meeting Oct. 17
- NewsArlington Heights accepting Hearts of Gold award nominees
- GurneeBonfire and Brews event Saturday in Gurnee
- NewsHighland Park leaders to discuss Place of Remembrance project
- Lake CountyLake County reports first human West Nile virus case of 2023
- 11:29 PMEmpty Bowls for Food fundraiser at the Batavia Boardwalk Shops
- 11:03 PMAurora to honor two city employees who saved baby's life
- 10:25 PMCOD College Theater makes a connection to dark comedy 'Dead Man's Cell Phone' Oct. 5-15
- 9:27 PMOur Saviour's service to neighbors near and far highlights '10 Days of God's Work, Our Hands'
- 8:39 PMBloomingdale Bears launch Queen of Hearts weekly progressive raffle
- 8:30 PMNaperville Walk to Remember on Oct. 14 lets bereaved parents honor, connect
- 8:17 PMLearn how spiritual perception brings healing at Christian Science talk Oct. 5.
- 6:27 PMDundee Township Lions host mums sale
Inside Daily Herald