- What you need to know about COVID-19 restrictions easing Friday in the 'Bridge Phase'
- Got COVID-19 vaccine questions for your 12- to 15-year-olds? We've got answers
- Got a question or story idea? Email Us
News | COVID-19 update: 68,035 more shots, Six Flags donates 50,000 tickets
As Illinois prepares to move to the Bridge Phase of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan that provides greater capacity at businesses and social gatherings, deaths, new cases and hospitalizations from the virus continue their downward trend.
Illinois | What you need to know about COVID-19 restrictions easing Friday in the 'Bridge Phase'As Illinois moves to the "Bridge Phase" of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan, business capacity and crowd sizes become the least restrictive they've been in more than a year. Here's how that works.
Transportation | Could railroad merger lead to more freight trains in the suburbs?The sequel to CN's takeover of the smaller EJ&E Railroad is here. The Canadian powerhouse wants to buy the Kansas City Southern and suburbs warn it could mean more freight trains.
Illinois | Got COVID-19 vaccine questions for your 12- to 15-year-olds? We've got answersThe Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is now available for children ages 12 to 15. Here's advice from pediatricians on what to expect.
Illinois | Illinois COVID-19 deaths up 22% over a month ago, but cases continue to declineThe number of Illinoisans dying of COVID-19 has increased 22.3% in recent weeks, but the trend is "not significant," the Illinois Department of Public Health reported. Cases continue to drop.
News | Relative Brewing Company set to open in August in RoselleRelative Brewing Company plans to open its doors in August and become a staple of Roselle's Town Center.
DuPage County | DuPage County to seek proposals for new election equipmentDuPage County is in the market for new voting equipment that its top election official says would replace an outdated system and make the entire process "better and faster."
Transportation | Small plane makes emergency landing on I-355A small aircraft landed on a stretch of Interstate 355 near Homer Glen late Thursday morning after experiencing mechanical issues. No injuries were immediately reported.
News | Student club poster at Glenbrook South draws accusations of racismTurning Point USA recruitment poster seen as anti-Asian, draws response from state officials
Business | Developer scraps controversial apartment building plan in Des PlainesA developer has withdrawn a controversial plan for a four-story apartment building where a church now operates in Des Plaines.
Education | Interest in virtual learning program for next year drops in Barrington Dist. 220Interest in continuing some form of remote learning for students in Barrington Community Unit School District 220 took a nose dive after officials asked families to commit to the program for the entire 2021-22 school year.
Blackhawks | Are Chicago Blackhawks positioned to become perennial playoff team?Chicago Blackhawks general manager and president of hockey Stan Bowman and coach Jeremy Colliton recapped a mostly successful season. Does Bowman have the Hawks positioned properly to become a perennial playoff team?
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin council swears in four members, says goodbye to Gavin and Lopez
- WheatonWheaton Rotary brings Little Free Library to Cantigny Park
- NewsArlington Heights trustees favor Pride month proclamation
- MundeleinCarmel High alum arrested after disturbing social media posts
- Lake CountyLake County Board votes to allow adult-use pot businesses in unincorporated areas
- MundeleinMundelein High School hosting vaccination event May 27
- Elk Grove VillageNeurosurgeon: 'Significant force' caused brain injury that killed Elk Grove Village mom
- CrimeDeerfield man pleads guilty to bilking children's charity
- MundeleinResident suffers minor injury in Mundelein house fire
- Mount ProspectResidents push for diversity in Mount Prospect strategic plan
- AuroraComedy Shrine expands in Fox Valley Mall in Aurora
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Bartlett wins thriller over Benet
- 9:26 AMOakton to honor students during virtual commencement ceremony
- 9:02 AMStay Fit with Techny Prairie Activity Center's College Student Summer Special
- 9:00 AMSchaumburg Library Invites Teens to 'Tech Bytes'
- 8:57 AMNCH Achieves Healthgrades 2021 Patient Safety Excellence Award
- 6:22 AMWith praise for 'St. Arbucks,' and the fellowship so many find there
- 12:03 AMClaySpace hosts spring open house, pottery sale May 14-16
- 11:56 PMWest Chicago District 94 students named Illinois State Scholars
- 11:32 PMElmhurst Public Library presents 'An Evening with Martha Hall Kelly'
People showed their concern for the environment and their lost classmates in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 1-7, 2021.
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Inside Daily Herald