News | They were trying to help a homeless man rebuild his life. Then he died of a drug overdose.
Greg Boudreau died of a fentanyl overdose May 1 at Dream Hall, where he lived and worked. His bosses said all they had wanted to do was to give him a chance to rebuild his life.
Politics | Why is Joe Walsh threatening to run against Trump in 2020?Former one-term Congressman Joe Walsh is floating a plan to challenge President Donald Trump for the GOP nomination. Could he win? Does he really want to?
Business | New Wahlburgers restaurant taking shape in St. CharlesWithin the last several weeks, the highly anticipated Wahlburgers restaurant has started taking shape at Randall Road and Route 38 has begun taking shape. Mayor Ray Rogina estimates it'll be ready to open by early next year.
Business | Could a new Rivers Casino be headed to Waukegan?The owners of Rivers Casino in Des Plaines and Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights have proposed building a casino in Waukegan.
Columns | Mom of slain Des Plaines boy brings 'light from the darkness' with help from famous friendsAfter the killing of her 14-year-old son Patrick in a senseless act of gun violence, Patricia Frontain of Des Plaines founded an anti-violence initiative that's helped hundreds of at-risk kids across the area, thanks in part of some help from her famous co-workers on a trio of hit NBC television series.
Education | Pritzker signs new law raising teacher pay minimum to $40,000Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has signed legislation raising teachers' minimum salary to $40,000 over four years to address a statewide shortage of classroom leaders.
News | Mac's on Slade in Palatine closes after surrendering liquor licenseMac's on Slade in downtown Palatine has closed after giving up its local liquor license instead of contesting a suspension imposed this week, village officials confirmed Thursday.
Business | Blackwood BBQ to open outside Woodfield Mall Aug. 26Blackwood BBQ, known for its four restaurants in Chicago's Loop, will open its first suburban location Monday, Aug. 26, on an outlot of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
News | Report: DCFS delayed in starting, concluding some child abuse investigationsThe Illinois Department of Children and Family Services lacked timeliness in initiating investigations and making determinations for some reports of child abuse and neglect, according to a compliance examination report released Thursday.
Columns | Feder: Kathy Hart pulling up stakes for MontanaKathy Hart, once one-half of the most popular morning duo in Chicago radio history, is heading out west, Robert Feder writes.
Cubs | Hendricks outduels Samardzija as Cubs sweep GiantsIt's been a slog of a season for the Chicago Cubs. On a pitchers day at Wrigley Field Thursday, the Cubs' Kyle Hendricks outdueled the San Francisco Giants' Jeff Samardzija, and the Cubs came away with a 1-0 victory to again reach their high-water mark of 11 games over .500.
DuPage County | State courts commission finds DuPage judge lied to police about shootingCourts commission finds DuPage judge lied to police about shooting, retaliated against people who accused him of sexual harassment.
- 6:25 AMThe Hampton Social brings satisfying East Coast dining to South Barrington
- 5:58 AMPoland compares deadly lightning storm to terror attack
- 5:56 AMFrance's Macron, soccer stars unite against Amazon fires
- 5:52 AMDemocrats take a look at a practical health care approach
- 5:41 AMPolice: Bus passenger grabs wheel, causes crash
More Suburban News Find your community
- Naperville'Salute' in works to replace Ribfest as Naperville's Fourth of July celebration
- NewsArlington Heights District 25 students head back to school
- CrimeMan accused of killing father with garden shears to have mental fitness trial
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove driver charged with leaving scene of accident involving ejection
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Township homeowners sue to block warehouse in backyards
- NapervilleNaperville 'very divided' on banning or allowing pot shops
- AntiochNorth Avenue to close Monday in Antioch for rail crosing repairs
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village man dies after being struck by vehicle
- Fox River GroveFox River Grove marks centennial with carnival, parade this weekend
- NapervilleNaperville man dies from injuries in crash on I-55
- WaucondaWauconda man sentenced to 5 years in prison after 2016 burglary
- WaucondaRed-light camera returns to Wauconda intersection
- 10:25 PMBatavia Rotary Club hosts 31st annual Corvette Raffle
- 9:51 PMMarmion Academy hosts Go Cadets Night Aug. 30
- 9:45 PMMooseheart boys soccer team set for inaugural season
- 7:42 PMPut your favorite dish to the test at 'Tastings of Bloomingdale' Nov. 2
- 7:24 PMGreater Elgin Family Care Center receives multiple national awards for quality of care -- again!
- 7:08 PMExcitement grows for 2019 Viva Mexico Independence Day celebration Sept. 14-15
- 3:19 PMSelfless Selfie Following Blood Donation for Lake Zurich Women
- 1:12 PMSupport Special Olympics with Culver's fundraiser
Inside Daily Herald