News | 'We want to save lives': Haymarket says it's proceeding with Itasca rehab center plans despite opposition
Haymarket Center officials are pushing forward with their bid to open an Itasca addiction treatment facility despite a resistance campaign that brought overflow crowds to what was supposed to be the first public hearing on the project.
News | Five York students draw a crowd in Elmhurst to support their climate strikeFive York High School students drew a little crowd to support their climate strike Thursday at Elmhurst Presbyterian Church.
Transportation | Inspector general finds plenty of blame to go around on tollway hiringIllinois tollway leaders said reforms are ongoing after a troubling report by the agency's inspector general that pointed out "collective mismanagement" involving political hiring, lapses in drug testing and other irregularities.
Lake County | Lake County drops murder charges against Chicago teens in fatal car burglaryLake County State's Attorney Michael Nerheim dropped controversial murder charges Thursday against five Chicago teenagers whose accomplice was shot and killed during an attempted car burglary near Old Mill Creek last month.
News | Krishnamoorthi, Durbin launch caucus to end youth vapingLawmakers Thursday launched a bipartisan Congressional Caucus to End the Youth Vaping Epidemic, co-chaired by U.S. Reps. Raja Krishnamoorthi, a Schaumburg Democrat, and Peter King, a New York Republican, and Democratic U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois.
Kane County | Sheriff: Home invasion, rape suspect attacked guards with weapon made from golf pencilsThe suspect in an April Sleepy Hollow home invasion, sexual assault and attempted murder case faces new charges for attacking two jail guards with a weapon made out of small pencils used to keep score for golf.
Cubs | Rizzo makes surprise return to Cubs lineup, homers in second at-batAnthony Rizzo was cleared to play and added to the lineup less than an hour before the Cubs opened a critical four-game series against the Cardinals Thursday -- after suffering a badly sprained ankle Sunday. He homered in his second at-bat.
Lake County | City Works Eatery to open in Vernon HillsCity Works Eatery & Pour House will open its third suburban location on Oct. 14, at the Mellody Farm retail center in Vernon Hills.
Kane County | Police: Elgin man high on pot, license suspended in crash that injured twoA 22-year-old man was high on marijuana and driving without a license when the car he was driving rear-ended a truck Saturday night, injuring his two passengers, according to Elgin police and Kane County court records.
Crime | Imprisoned former Bartlett teacher pleads guilty to abusing a second childA former Bartlett teacher, imprisoned since his 2004 conviction for sexually abusing a child, has pleaded guilty to abusing a second child in exchange for a 5-year prison sentence.
News | Five climate change science misconceptions -- debunkedThe science of climate change is more than 150 years old, and it is probably the most tested area of modern science.
News | Schaumburg veteran brings relief to others with comfort dog BlitzVietnam veteran Bob Royce of Schaumburg regularly volunteers his time in a number of ways, but the most gratifying is his work as the handler of a comfort dog through Lutheran Church Charities' Kare 9 Military Ministry.
- 9:56 PMAdministration blocks 'urgent' whistleblower disclosure
- 9:53 PMThe Latest: Conditions in Houston improve as Imelda departs
- 9:28 PMWho are the Sacklers, the family behind maker of OxyContin?
- 9:00 PMCanada's Trudeau comes under fire over brownface photo
- 8:25 PMThe Latest: 2 campers say they don't plan to invade Area 51
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin, Dundee townships to ask voters for mental health funding
- LibertyvilleDiscussion on demolishing downtown Libertyville theater in intermission
- McHenry CountyDrunken driver sentenced to 6 years for fatal McHenry crash
- PalatineVolunteers provide a 'life-changing' makeover for Palatine group home
- WheatonDuPage Care Center ready to celebrate Fall Festival
- PalatinePalatine police release images of arson suspect
- LibertyvilleLibertyville police investigate reported threat with a firearm
- Round LakeLane closures begin Sept. 30 on Route 120 in Lake County
- Round LakeRepairs to close Fairfield Road in the Round Lake area beginning October 2
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich bans recreational pot sales
- GenevaLongtime St. Charles hangout sees major renovations
- St. CharlesWahlburgers targets March opening in St. Charles
- 10:22 PMCelebrate life and legacy of Leon Lederman Sept. 25 in Chicago
- 9:45 PMLeague of Women Voters of Roselle/Bloomingdale to host wine tasting fundraiser Oct. 8
- 9:23 PMPlan for traffic detours for Geneva Homecoming Parade Sept. 27
- 9:12 PMRenz Center recognizes 20th anniversary of National Recovery Month
- 8:14 PMOrthodontic Experts launches the 2019 Braces Giveaway Campaign
- 8:11 PMNicor Gas Vice President Christa Markgraff among 'HERoes 100 Women Executives List'
- 7:47 PMWoodridge's Prince of Peace to install Pastor Tim Seitz Sept. 29
- 6:26 PMWest Chicago mayor visits Currier School to encourage healthy eating and increased movement
Inside Daily Herald