Transportation | Want a prime spot in Barrington's Metra lot? That'll be $1,200 a year
Similar to how sports teams have created season seats with exclusive benefits, one suburb is offering commuters a chance to buy guaranteed parking for a year in the best spaces at its Metra station.
News | Why Elgin mayor is wary of tightening rules for items belonging to homeless peopleElgin city staff members want to tighten regulations after an increase in homeless people leaving belongings in public places, but Mayor David Kaptain said that gives him pause.
White Sox | 3 years after playing together, ex-Chicago White Sox teammates Eaton, Frazier still feudingThey were Chicago White Sox teammates in 2016, and Adam Eaton and Todd Frazier were far from being fast friends. Three years later, Eaton and Frazier are still taking shots at each other.
Crime | Authorities: Man killed woman over argument about money for PlayStationAn argument over selling a PlayStation video game system was behind the killing of a 48-year-old Round Lake Beach woman in her house, authorities said Tuesday.
News | Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
News | Electronic sign won't go on Quentin Road, Rolling Meadows aldermen sayRolling Meadows will not install an electronic message sign on the far west side of town in light of neighbors' objections. Instead, city officials said Tuesday they will look for a potential new spot to put the sign.
Transportation | Revised BNSF Metra schedule is coming June 3Has your BNSF train changed? Metra is tweaking its most popular route and adding some extra weekend trains as a pilot this summer.
Cubs | Bryant, Baez lead Cubs rally in ninth to top PhilliesKris Bryant and Javier Baez don't have supernatural powers. But it seemed that way Tuesday night.
DuPage County | Airport tenants could be prosecuted for delinquent taxesA bill that would allow the DuPage County state's attorney to prosecute tenants at the DuPage Airport who are delinquent in paying property taxes was approved by the Illinois House of Representatives Tuesday and heads to the governor's office.
Columns | Feder: Cubs announce general manager for Marquee Sports NetworkWith the hiring of a seasoned sports and media executive as general manager, the picture became a little clearer Tuesday for the upcoming television home of the Chicago Cubs, Robert Feder writes.
Politics | State might require fingerprint, higher fee for gun cardIllinoisans soon may have to be fingerprinted and pay an increased fee to be a licensed gun owner in the state.
Transportation | State trooper says 'we have to educate the public' on Scott's LawLegislation pending in Springfield would create a fund for educating the public about Scott's Law, which requires a driver to slow down while passing stationary emergency vehicles with flashing lights and, if safe, to change lanes.
- 8:27 AMPawelek named A&A Paving Contractors president
- 8:24 AMPolice raids homes of alleged Iraqi crime gang in Germany
- 8:20 AM10 Things to Know for Today
- 8:19 AMVocal Democrats pressing Pelosi as impeachment talk swells
- 8:18 AMTexas migrant detention center quarantined amid flu outbreak after 16-year-old dies
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraPolice identify body found near I-88
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove formally opposes legalization of recreational marijuana
- EducationDistrict 59 plans pilot program to beef up math curriculum
- BartlettMan guilty of Geneva identity theft arrested in Gurnee drug case
- West ChicagoMayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West Chicago
- St. CharlesSt. Charles plans to borrow $15.7 million to fund police station, other capital projects
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: All-too-familiar result for Downers Grove South
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles North avenges loss to Batavia
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Lake Zurich gets past Stevenson
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Palatine, Barrington head to regional finals
- Prep SportsSoftball: Geneva upsets No. 1 seed Yorkville
- 7:19 AMSeminar on How to Avoid Financial Scams at the Township of Schaumburg on May 28th
- 7:17 AMRush Hospital's chief operating officer appointed to Inroads national board of directors
- 7:06 AMDowntown Palatine Business Association (DPBA) Hosts Annual Sidewalk Sales
- 10:29 PMTeam from Flowing Forth Church to join mission trip to Mexico
- 10:10 PMSt. Catherine of Siena School students embrace the states
- 9:17 PMDonations welcome for 'Trash to Treasure' rummage sale
- 9:01 PMCollege of DuPage celebrates student academic excellence
- 8:02 PMCollege of DuPage hosts fourth annual student talent competition
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more
Inside Daily Herald