Crime | High school classmate kills state trooper in Lisle, wounds 2 more, kills self
A 51-year-old woman shot and killed one retired state police officer and wounded two other troopers before taking her own life Friday night in a Lisle cigar lounge, police said.
News | Slain state trooper was a 'perfect teammate,' a family man who 'lived out his dream' to serveGreg Rieves had a way of snapping teammates in his senior men's baseball league out of a slump, a philosophy for the game that endeared him to players across the region, League President Max Reising said Saturday.
News | 'I'm still in Auschwitz': 75 years after camp's liberation, Holocaust survivor remains haunted by memoriesSeventy-five years after Auschwitz-Birkenau prisoner Fritzie Fritzshall was liberated from the notorious Nazi death camp, the Buffalo Grove woman remains haunted by her experiences.
News | Somber farewell for East Aurora grad killed in AfghanistanAt least 300 people attended the funeral service for U.S. Army Spc. Miguel Angel Villalon Saturday in the Brownsville Events Center where a religious ceremony was held to give the soldier a final blessing.
Crime | 4 state police troopers died in line of duty in 2019Here's a look at Illinois state troopers who died in the line of duty last year.
News | Donate a kidney to a stranger? Sure, Lakemoor police officer saysImagine reading a Facebook post and deciding to donate a kidney to a stranger. Crazy? Not for 27-year-old Nicole Gaborek, a Lakemoor police officer.
News | Where have we seen this before? Bill Murray appears back in WoodstockBill Murray, star of the film "Groundhog Day," returned to the Square in Woodstock on Saturday, almost 28 years after the film was shot at locations on and around the Square and elsewhere in McHenry County. This time, Murray was there to film a Jeep commercial.
Crime | Man charged with trying to kill Elburn resident via natural gasWaterman man accused of trying to kill Elburn resident with natural gas
Crime | Police: Men armed with handguns rob gas station in NapervilleNaperville police are searching for two men who robbed a gas station at gunpoint early Saturday.
Crime | Round Lake man charged in Chicago sex assault by fake delivery driverA 57-year-old Round Lake man was ordered held without bail Friday for allegedly posing as an Amazon delivery driver and sexually assaulting a woman inside her Albany Park home in December.
Columns | Facts Matter: Harry and Meghan not starting new lives in RVPrince Harry and his wife Meghan aren't moving into an RV, Nancy Pelosi's pens cost less than $15 each and 1% of Americans still own 32% of the U.S. wealth, Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
Kane County | Conviction overturned, new trial ordered in 2014 Geneva murder caseCiting improper testimony from an FBI profiler, the Illinois Supreme Court on Friday ordered a new trial for Shadwick King, a Geneva man who was convicted of strangling his wife in July 2014, and staging her body on a railroad trial to make it look like she collapsed while jogging.
- 9:32 PMVirus death toll in China rises as Xi calls situation grave
- 8:28 PMDeath toll from virus outbreak in China rises to 56 with a total of 1,975 cases reported
- 8:09 PMTrump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election
- 7:39 PMPeter MacKay begins bid to lead Canada's Conservative party
- 6:51 PMGene Corrigan, former NCAA president, ACC boss, dies at 91
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsCrash victim ID'd as Arlington Heights woman
- Glen EllynAfter delay, Glen Ellyn trustees set to revisit parking garage plans
- West ChicagoPolice: 3 wounded, 2 guns recovered in shooting in West Chicago
- RosemontRosemont police release photos of suspects in $52K outlet mall theft
- SchaumburgOne more day to enjoy the Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Exp
- SchaumburgSchaumburg taking new approach to preserving historic architecture
- Naperville'Pizza Wars' coming to Naperville
- ElginElgin school seeks $35,000 to build community garden
- Boys' BasketballPalatine topples Fremd for season sweep
- Girls' BasketballQuick start propels Buffalo Grove over Prospect
- Girls' BasketballYork impresses in win over Lake Park
- Boys' BasketballMaine South downs Glenbrook North for sixth straight win
- 11:32 PMEighth annual Bridge Bust breaks records; local teams earn prizes in 2020 contest
- 12:53 PMMCC to induct former athletes into Hall of Fame
- 12:21 PMTraveling museum kicks off Oakton's Black History Month
- 12:12 PMMundelein Park District honors Employees of the Year
- 10:23 PMChange a child's story by volunteering with CASA Kane County
- 9:33 PMVote for the 'Best of Bloomingdale'
- 9:24 PMCeltic roots group Runa to perform Valentine's Day concert Feb. 14
- 9:07 PMLocal League of Women Voters presents 'The 2020 Census Counts and So Do You' Feb. 4
Inside Daily Herald