Submitted by McHenry County College
College students who want to get a jump-start on spring semester may enroll in McHenry County College's Winter Intersession classes, which will take place Dec. 17 through Jan. 9.
The program features a four-week intensive study term between fall and spring semesters that allows students to earn academic credits by taking a course needed to complete their degree. This program may appeal to students who want to catch up by retaking a course or lighten up a spring semester course load and concentrate on just one subject. While some classes take place in the traditional lecture format, other classes are offered conveniently online or in a blended, a mix of face-to-face and online, format.
The program is not recommended for students with low grade-point averages or significant competing time commitments during the winter session term.
These winter intersession courses are open for registration:
• Financial Accounting (ACC 151-008)
• Humanities through the Arts (ART 150-004)
• Introduction to Human Biology (BIO 110-011)
• The College Experience (MCC 101-120 & 111)
• Computer Literacy (CIS 110-038 & 040)
• Introduction to Meteorology (EAS 120-004)
• Composition I (ENG 151-036)
• Composition II (ENG 152-042)
• Information Literacy & Health (HCE 111-011)
• Introduction to Film (JRN 180-008)
• Introduction to Algebra (MAT 099-020)
• U.S. Government (PLT 151-010)
• Introduction to Speech (SPE 151-036)
For course descriptions or for more information, including how to register, visit www.mchenry.edu/winter or call (815) 455-7565.