Egg-ceptional weekend: Egg hunts, candy and Mr. Bunny at Lake County events
- Photos (2)
Brightly colored eggs, candy and a visit from the Easter bunny will be found in a host of community celebrations scheduled for this weekend throughout Lake County.
Here's what's planned.
• Pizza With the Bunny: Friday, March 30, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and 7 to 8 p.m. at Wauconda Park District Community Center, 600 N. Main St., Wauconda. Celebrate spring as the Bunny hops into Cook Park for some pizza for children under 10. Mr. Bunny loves his picture taken so bring the camera for an opportunity for that perfect photo. Preregistration is required. Please list all family members attending on the registration form. Price is $15 for a family of 4 and $6/$7 for each additional person. For more information, visit: waucondaparks.org
• Friday Flashlight Egg Hunt: Friday, March 30, 8 to 9 p.m., at Hart's Woods Park, 814 Hart Road, Round Lake. Calling all 9-12 year olds. Bring your flashlights and running shoes, because we are searching Hart's Woods for hidden eggs and treasures. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served outside after the big hunt. For information, visit: www.rlapd.org.
• Hoppin Holiday Hunt: Saturday, March 31, 9 to 11 a.m. at Vernon Hills Park District Sullivan Community Center, 635 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Children 3-8 and their parents will visit with the Bunny, delight in a magic show, enjoy a continental breakfast and gather prizes at the egg hunt. Preregistration is required. Fee for adults is $7 for residents and $9 for nonresidents, $5 for children residents and $6 for children nonresidents. For information, visit: vhparkdistrict.org.
• Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, March 31, 10 a.m. at Forest View Park, 513 Forest View Drive, Lindenhurst. Bring your basket and join the bunny for an old-fashioned Easter Egg Hunt. There will be designated hunting areas for children under 2, followed by the 3-8 year olds with each age group separately. There will be plenty of eggs filled with prize tickets or candy and the Easter bunny will be on-hand for a visit and photo so don't forget the camera. For information, visit: www.lindenhurstparks.org.
• Egg-Citing Egg Hunt and Luncheon: Saturday, March 31, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lake Front Park, 71 Nippersink Blvd., Fox Lake. Bring out the little ones for an exciting egg hunt. Children up to 10 years old will enjoy this free event. Groups will be divided by ages, then enjoy the luncheon. For information, visit: www.foxlake.org/.
• Lunch with the Easter Bunny: Saturday, March 31, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. and 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at Viking Park Dance Hall, Old Grand Ave., Gurnee. Join the Easter bunny as he takes a break from the bunny trail. Enjoy a lunch of hot dogs, chips, beverage and dessert. Everyone will have the opportunity to visit with the Easter bunny. Children under the age of 12 months are free. High chairs are not available. Following lunch, there will be an Easter Egg Hunt outdoors so dress accordingly. Preregister by Friday, March 23. Fee is per person and all children must be accompanied by a paying adult. Nonresident $9. For information, visit: www.gurneeparkdistrict.com.
•Round Lake's Annual Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, March 31, 11 a.m. behind the Community Center, 814 Hart Road, Round Lake Beach. Mr. Bunny will visit us once again at the annual egg hunt. There will be lots of treats spread out at Hart's Woods for egg hunters. Bring your own bag or basket and come early because the eggs get scooped up fast. For more information, visit: rlapd.org.
This article filed under
- Fox Lake
- Hawthorn Woods
- Lake Villa
- Lake Zurich
- North Barrington
- Round Lake
- Round Lake Beach
- Round Lake Heights
- Round Lake Park
- Vernon Hills
- Lake County
- Gurnee Park District
- Lindenhurst Park District
- Round Lake Area Park District
- Vernon Hills Park District
- Wauconda Park District
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close