Politics | State announces 8 new deaths, 461 new coronavirus cases
Illinois health officials announced 8 new deaths from coronavirus infections and 461 new cases today.
News | Trump defends extending virus guidelines as spread continuesSiding with public health experts' dire projections, President Donald Trump on Monday defended his decision to extend restrictive social distancing guidelines through the end of April, while bracing the nation for a coronavirus death toll that could exceed 100,000 people.
News | New equipment, staff pouring in for Lake Zurich assisted living center hit by virusDonations of protective gear have poured in for a Lake Zurich assisted living center that late last week reported dire shortages as residents and employees battled a COVID-19 virus outbreak.
News | With new owner in place, concerns remain over future of Stratford Square MallStratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale has a new owner, but its future is still uncertain.
Crime | Victim, defendant in West Chicago murder had been dating, authorities sayA West Chicago man who was stabbed to death this month, and the man who allegedly killed him, were in a two-year "dating relationship," according to authorities.
News | 'A spiritual giant': Naperville church pastor dies after coronavirus diagnosisA pastor at Calvary Church in Naperville has died about a week after falling seriously ill with the coronavirus.
Politics | Most suburban GOP lawmakers endorse Pritzker's COVID-19 stay-at-home ruleRepublican Trump's COVID-19 policies differ from Democrat Pritzker's. Better to be safe than partisan, many local GOP legislators think.
News | How an Elgin cat is giving thousands of fans reason to smile during pandemicAn Elgin cat with tens of thousands of social media followers and celebrity fans like Ellen DeGeneres is bringing many moments of laughter and joy amid the concern and anxiety prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Crime | Authorities: Man charged with hate crime after using racial slurs, fighting hospital workersA Downers Grove man is charged with a felony hate crime, accused of telling a black hospital security officer that he was "going to hang him from a tree," authorities said Monday.
Lake County | 40 nonviolent inmates released from Lake County jail to prevent COVID-19 outbreakForty non-violent inmates who had fewer than 45 days remaining on their sentence were released from Lake County jail in Waukegan last week as part of an effort to prevent a COVID-19 outbreak behind bars.
Lake County | Aide accused of using excessive force on special needs studentAn aide who was accused of using excessive force with a 7-year-old special needs student turned himself in to the Lake County sheriff's office on Monday.
Politics | Fair maps advocates hopeful with deadline looming for redistricting referendumThe COVID-19 pandemic has thrown uncertainty into a lot of things, and a major one is the push for independent and transparent legislative redistricting in Illinois.
- 5:52 PMGeneva Park District cancels programs, events through April
- 5:46 PM"Seder-to-Go" kits available in Arlington Heights
- 5:44 PMElmhurst College remembers artist, educator Suellen Rocca
- 5:30 PM'Staggering': New York virus death toll rises above 1,200
- 4:59 PMSIU president can reimburse students for some costs
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraAurora woman charged with aggravated DUI after crash with child in SUV
- McHenry CountyMcHenry Township Fire Protection District mourns death of Mark Justen
- McHenry CountyProposal to waive late fees, interest on McHenry County property tax bills
- NapervilleNaperville man to compete on 'Jeopardy!'
- Lake CountyNo spring break from road construction for Lake County drivers
- GurneeWith new controls in place, Medline again using ethylene oxide at Waukegan plant
- EducationPalatine District 15 continues to examine potential boundary changes
- StreamwoodStreamwood eighth-graders thank ER staffs with pizzas
- NapervilleNaperville, Orlando promoters planning online Isolation Music Festival
- DuPage CountyDuPage introduces COVID-19 case map
- WaucondaNo-wake order for Bangs Lake in Wauconda
- NewsFree meals available for Wauconda District 118 students
- 4:05 PMLocal restaurants join in 'StayStrongGenevaIL' campaign to support hourly staff
- 11:17 AMAnderson Animal Shelter needs emergency funds
- 11:00 AMBatavia United Way COVID-19 Fund to benefit relief efforts
- 10:55 AMAurora restaurant feeds first responders at 2 hospitals
- 9:07 AMMaya Cosmetics to donate personal care products to relief group
- 10:15 PMFox Valley Park District announces cancellations
- 9:01 PMBridgewater Studio produces emergency face shields for the City of Chicago
- 7:47 PMSt. Thomas of Villanova students complete full week of remote learning
Inside Daily Herald