TLC hosts 'Wednesday Walks' in McHenry County starting May 5
The Land Conservancy of McHenry County is hosting a series of "Wednesday Walks" at its McHenry County sites in May and June.
The walks are free and open to anyone who would like to get outside to enjoy some exercise and company on local trails.
Registration is required and available at ConserveMC.org. Those who attend eight of the nine walks will receive a TLC T-shirt and a free six-month gift membership. Registration closes one day before each walk. Each event is limited to 20 participants.
Wednesday Walks will be held from noon to 1 p.m. on the following dates:
• May 5: Wolf Oak Woods near 9100 Route 120, Woodstock;
• May 12: Donato Conservation Area near 700 Ridgeland Ave. in Woodstock (at the intersection of Gerry Street and Ridgeland Avenue);
• May 19: Ryder's Woods, 750 Kimball Ave, Woodstock;
• May 26: Trout Valley Fen; park at the Trout Valley Barn, 167 Country Commons Road in Trout Valley. There will be a short walk to the fen;
• June 2: Boloria Meadows; park near 7219 Millburne Court in Bull Valley;
• June 9: Yonder Prairie, 1100 S. Rose Farm Road in Woodstock;
• June 16: Westwood Conservation Area near 1599 Hillside Trail, Woodstock;
• June 23: Hennen Conservation Area, 4622 Dean St, Woodstock;
• June 30: Gateway Nature Park at the intersection of Route 23 and Heritage Lane, Harvard.
The Land Conservancy of McHenry County is a member-based private nonprofit dedicated to preserving natural, scenic and agricultural land.