Columns | Stage is set for Justin Thomas after winning BMW
Justin Thomas wins the BMW Championship on Sunday at Medinah by 3 shots over playing parter Patrick Cantlay, setting the stage for The Tour Championship in Atlanta starting Thursday.
Columns | Rozner: Was this Tiger's last shot in Chicago?If this was the last time he plays golf in Chicago, Tiger Woods gave the fans another weekend to remember just by showing up at Medinah for the BMW Championship.
News | How Sox broadcaster's Benetti's 'Awkward Moments' promotes understanding of disabilitiesChicago White Sox TV announcer Jason Benetti is sharing the "Awkward Moments" of his life as a person with cerebral palsy.
Bears | Reports: Ex-Bear Cedric Benson killed in motorcycle crashFormer Chicago Bears running back Cedric Benson was killed Saturday night when a motorcycle he was driving collided with a minivan in Austin, Texas, according to multiple media reports.
News | Lightning strike at hotel nearly causes Mickelson to miss tee timeGolf star Phil Mickelson nearly missed his tee time for today's final round of the e BMW Championship in Medinah after a lightning strike on the roof of the Eaglewood Resort & Spa left him without his clubs and running late.
Business Ledger | Suburban malls look to reinvent, reinvigorate themselves as retail slips awayThe demise of the Huntley Outlet Center is just one of many different scenarios playing out across the suburbs as once thriving retail malls look to reinvent themselves or struggle to remain relevant.
Crime | Wheeling man charged with shooting cop held without bondA 43-year-old gunman whose Thursday afternoon standoff with police left one officer wounded and a Wheeling neighborhood barricaded for hours is being held in jail without bond.
News | Suburban Heroes: Lincolnshire couple saved lives during gas leakA Lincolnshire couple was publicly honored for rescuing two teens who'd been overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in May.
Columns | Constable: Grifters, grafters, govs and Blago leave Lincoln cryingFilmmaker John Davies, who grew up in Wheaton, combines the fate of felonious former Gov. Rod Blagoevich and comedy in his new film, "Lincoln Is Crying." Using the fictional great-great-great-grandson of Abe Lincoln, the film uses humor to recap our state's long history of political corruption.
Crime | Arlington Heights shooting probe continuesArlington Heights police offered no new details Sunday into their investigation into an exchange of gunfire at a village park Saturday afternoon.
News | Cops keep getting shot by people who can't have gunsThe man who allegedly shot six police officers in Philadelphia before surrendering just after midnight, following a 7 1/2-hour standoff that ended when tear gas was fired into his home, has a very long rap sheet that makes it a felony for him to possess a firearm. That clearly didn't stop him.
Cook County | ComEd crews responding to outages caused by heavy stormsComEd is working to restore power to about 27,000 customers after heavy storms Sunday morning caused outages across the region.
- 12:27 AMFlorida's iconic palm trees threatened by invasive disease
- 12:20 AMEconomists survey: 34% expect a US recession in 2021
- 12:15 AMChina lashes out at Taiwan over Hong Kong asylum offer
- 11:54 PMAsian shares rise as investors watch trade war, economies
- 11:14 PMSuburban voters are pressuring Republicans to act on guns
More Suburban News Find your community
- Round Lake HeightsDog rescued from Round Lake Heights fire
- GrayslakeGrayslake celebrates Summer Days 2019
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect firefighters called to 3rd fire in 9 days at business
- Round Lake ParkFallen trees damage two homes
- GrayslakeRacers get down and dirty in Grayslake to fight MS
- Long GroveShoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage Days
- Rolling MeadowsDignitaries join celebration of Indian foundation's 10th anniversary
- ElginElgin honors fallen Marine with honorary street renaming
- WheelingWheeling 911 center wins recognition for work on missing kids
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Naperville North yearns for new glory
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington will try to maintain recent success
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Consistency keys Stevenson's success
- 11:54 PMExpectations high as new school year begins at Mooseheart
- 10:46 PMBaird & Warner's Good Will Network Donates $120,000 to Support Chicagoland Communities
- 7:19 PMDuPage County Health Department warns residents to never touch a bat
- 5:46 PMCarol Stream teen wins Champion award at Illinois State Fair
- 5:45 PMRadford Green at Sedgebrook celebrates 10 years of five-star ratings from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- 11:07 AMRep. Weber Bill to Benefit Local Taxpayers Signed By Governor
- 11:07 AMConsumers Credit Union Hosts Luncheon for Illinois Legislators
- 10:56 AMIllinois Central Elite-ICE place 10th at nationals
Inside Daily Herald