Politics | Why is Joe Walsh threatening to run against Trump in 2020?
Former one-term Congressman Joe Walsh is floating a plan to challenge President Donald Trump for the GOP nomination. Could he win? Does he really want to?
Business | New Wahlburgers restaurant taking shape in St. CharlesWithin the last several weeks, the highly anticipated Wahlburgers restaurant has started taking shape at Randall Road and Route 38 has begun taking shape. Mayor Ray Rogina estimates it'll be ready to open by early next year.
News | It's official: Ribfest leaving Naperville for RomeovilleThe festival, which over its 32-year run in Naperville became one of the largest and best known in the suburbs, will take place on four consecutive days around July 4, 2020, and continue to feature top musical acts as well as its normal helping of ribs, officials said.
Business | Blackwood BBQ to open outside Woodfield Mall Aug. 26Blackwood BBQ, known for its four restaurants in Chicago's Loop, will open its first suburban location Monday, Aug. 26, on an outlot of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
Business | Could a new Rivers Casino be headed to Waukegan?The owners of Rivers Casino in Des Plaines and Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights have proposed building a casino in Waukegan.
Education | Pritzker signs new law raising teacher pay minimum to $40,000Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has signed legislation raising teachers' minimum salary to $40,000 over four years to address a statewide shortage of classroom leaders.
News | How a St. Charles mom is celebrating the memory of her 3-year-old sonElizabeth Gerlach of St. Charles felt like her world was turned upside down when her son, Ben, died in 2016 after battling health issues his entire life. Now, she's honoring his memory by creating a foundation and writing a children's book series featuring a young boy who uses a wheelchair.
News | Report: DCFS delayed in starting, concluding some child abuse investigationsThe Illinois Department of Children and Family Services lacked timeliness in initiating investigations and making determinations for some reports of child abuse and neglect, according to a compliance examination report released Thursday.
DuPage County | State courts commission finds DuPage judge lied to police about shootingCourts commission finds DuPage judge lied to police about shooting, retaliated against people who accused him of sexual harassment.
Cubs | Hendricks outduels Samardzija as Cubs sweep GiantsIt's been a slog of a season for the Chicago Cubs. On a pitchers day at Wrigley Field Thursday, the Cubs' Kyle Hendricks outdueled the San Francisco Giants' Jeff Samardzija, and the Cubs came away with a 1-0 victory to again reach their high-water mark of 11 games over .500.
Kane County | 25 years prison in 2017 stabbing murder in Elgin over affair; two still await trialAn Elgin man was sentenced to 25 years in prison Thursday after admitting to his role in the August 2017 stabbing death of a man involved in an affair. Gabriel M. Lopez, 28, of the 600 block of St. Charles Street, faced up 20 to 60 years in prison if convicted of first-degree murder of Bayron Cruz-Garcia, 26, of South Elgin.
Crime | North Aurora cop shoots, kills man armed with handgunA North Aurora police officer shot and killed a 54-year-old man armed with a handgun who police believed was suicidal and a threat to others inside his house Wednesday night.
- 10:47 PMSerial killer who preyed on gay men executed in Florida
- 10:47 PMJapan leader says SKorea canceling intel deal damages trust
- 10:28 PMChina 'will not sit idly' if US sells fighter jets to Taiwan
- 10:11 PMMan charged in Lake in the Hills burglary
- 10:11 PMThe Latest: Serial killer who preyed on gay men executed
More Suburban News Find your community
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove driver charged with leaving scene of accident involving ejection
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Township homeowners sue to block warehouse in backyards
- NapervilleNaperville 'very divided' on banning or allowing pot shops
- NewsArlington Heights District 25 students head back to school
- Naperville'Salute' in works to replace Ribfest as Naperville's Fourth of July celebration
- CrimeMan accused of killing father with garden shears to have mental fitness trial
- NapervilleSeveral injured in 3-vehicle Naperville crash
- NapervilleNaperville man dies from injuries in crash on I-55
- WaucondaWauconda man sentenced to 5 years in prison after 2016 burglary
- Fox River GroveFox River Grove marks centennial with carnival, parade this weekend
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village man dies after being struck by vehicle
- BensenvilleBoy charged in Bensenville shooting must continue to wear monitor
- 10:25 PMBatavia Rotary Club hosts 31st annual Corvette Raffle
- 9:51 PMMarmion Academy hosts Go Cadets Night Aug. 30
- 9:45 PMMooseheart boys soccer team set for inaugural season
- 7:42 PMPut your favorite dish to the test at 'Tastings of Bloomingdale' Nov. 2
- 7:24 PMGreater Elgin Family Care Center receives multiple national awards for quality of care -- again!
- 7:08 PMExcitement grows for 2019 Viva Mexico Independence Day celebration Sept. 14-15
- 3:19 PMSelfless Selfie Following Blood Donation for Lake Zurich Women
- 1:12 PMSupport Special Olympics with Culver's fundraiser
Inside Daily Herald