Columns | 'You'd never know he's 100': Man still rolls his age, and he just bought a new ball
As unusual as it is for golfers to shoot their age, it's more rare for a 100-year-old bowler to roll his age. But Wood Dale's Larry Vakoc does it frequently in his senior league play at Wood Dale Bowl.
Columns | Rozner: PGA Tour made mockery of MedinahBlame the PGA Tour, not Medinah, for the ridiculous scores at the BMW Championship.
Business | Judge rules rights to 'Apple Haus' brand didn't come with the buildingA federal judge has ruled that the Apple Haus brand didn't get sold along with the Long Grove building in which its products were once made, ending a trademark infringement lawsuit.
News | St. Charles officials to debate recreational pot sales at Monday meetingDuring a community meeting Monday, St. Charles aldermen are expected to begin debating whether businesses should be allowed to sell marijuana within city limits.
DuPage County | Huge voter turnout in 2020 could mean huge costs for DuPage CountyDuPage election officials say voter turnout in 2020 is predicted to be historic, which could be very expensive for the county.
Politics | Political leaders condemn mock assassination during fundraiser in WinfieldPolitical leaders on both sides of the aisle condemned a stunt at a weekend political fundraiser in Winfield that included a mock assassination of a person wearing a Donald Trump mask.
News | Multivehicle rollover crash snarls traffic in Mount ProspectMount Prospect police are on the scene of a multivehicle crash this afternoon at the intersection of Busse and Algonquin roads.
News | Mexican restaurant switcheroo: Fat Rosie's to replace On the Border in SchaumburgSchaumburg's On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina restaurant at 870 N. Meacham Road closed last week but is expected to be succeeded by Fat Rosie's Taco & Tequila Bar within a couple months.
Lake County | Rival criticizes Lake County State's Attorney over Old Mill Creek murder chargesLake County State's Attorney Mike Nerheim is facing criticism from his chief political opponent for his decision to levy murder charges against five teenage accomplices of Jaquan Swopes, 14, who was shot to death by a homeowner while allegedly trying to break into the man's car in Old Mill Creek last Tuesday.
Theater | Horror-themed Paranormal Cirque returns to the suburbsIf you're a horror fan who missed Paranormal Cirque's run last month in Gurnee, you're in luck: The gore-filled traveling circus hits North Riverside Thursday and Aurora next month.
News | Round Lake Park police investigating two deaths in same homeRound Lake Park police and the Lake County coroner's office are investigating the deaths of a man and a woman in their 40s who lived in the same home and died two days apart.
Lake County | Campaign for Ray Bradbury museum in his native Waukegan launches this weekThe group behind the yearslong effort to open a museum honoring Ray Bradbury in the late author's childhood hometown of Waukegan will launch a fundraising campaign next week.
- 5:30 PMAirstrikes target Turkish convoy in Syria, raising tensions
- 5:27 PMAuthorities praised for handling of protests in Portland
- 5:19 PMUnion wins first step against Boeing over fired workers
- 5:02 PMArlington Hts. honoring employers who hire people with disabilities
- 5:01 PMPalatine's Allegro Community Chorus hosts meet-and-greet Aug. 28
More Suburban News Find your community
- West DundeeWest Dundee pizzeria to open Tuesday
- CrimeArlington Heights shooting probe continues
- NapervillePaneling project could help Naperville 'build up on solar'
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect 'Summer Slide' pub crawl set for Sept. 14
- Des PlainesDes Plaines man faces sex assault, child pornography charges
- LibertyvilleWine, beer and cigar fest set for Saturday in Libertyville
- Elk Grove VillageDeveloper, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal looms
- Long GroveShoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage Days
- NewsDistrict 211 sets meeting on superintendent search
- GurneeFall session of Gurnee Citizen Police Academy starts Aug. 29
- Island LakeIsland Lake Corn Fest has visitors grinning ear to ear
- WaucondaWauconda group to talk marijuana sales
- 1:06 PMElgin Area School District U-46 opens preschool doors Aug. 21
- 11:12 AMBuffalo Grove Deputy Police Chief Presents at Road to Resilience Seminar in Chicago
- 9:27 AMEastland Disaster Historical Society announces agreement with museums, libraries
- 11:54 PMExpectations high as new school year begins at Mooseheart
- 10:46 PMBaird & Warner's Good Will Network Donates $120,000 to Support Chicagoland Communities
- 7:19 PMDuPage County Health Department warns residents to never touch a bat
- 5:46 PMCarol Stream teen wins Champion award at Illinois State Fair
- 5:45 PMRadford Green at Sedgebrook celebrates 10 years of five-star ratings from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Inside Daily Herald