News | Partial ban of red-light cameras passes Illinois House
Suburban state Rep. David McSweeney's bill to ban red-light cameras in non-home-rule towns passed the House with overwhelming bipartisan support.
News | 7 girls charged after 'premeditated brawl' at Wheaton NorthSeven girls from Wheaton North High School are facing mob action charges following a premeditated brawl Tuesday at the school, authorities said. Three of the girls also are charged with unlawful use of a weapon and one is charged with aggravated battery of a teacher.
Politics | Why Supreme Court's denial of term-limit referendum is a big win for Elk Grove's mayorIn a huge victory for long-serving Elk Grove Village Mayor Craig Johnson and his supporters, the Illinois Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled that a referendum asking to impose retroactive term limits on him and other village leaders is invalid.
News | Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling building facility in ElginA soon-to-be-built $20 million facility for Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling Company is expected to bring about 240 full-time jobs to Elgin.
News | Batavia coach, family man remembered as 'one of the good ones'When Jason Prescott fell in the grocery store last month and suffered a traumatic brain injury, Batavia community members immediately rallied around his family, bringing them meals, looking after their kids and raising tens of thousands of dollars.
Dining | Lake Zurich chamber to launch first restaurant week FridayThis weekend, 10 Lake Zurich area restaurants will begin offering special dishes, drinks and discounts to diners as part of the first restaurant week hosted by the Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce.
News | Police ask help in locating missing South Elgin womanSouth Elgin police are asking the public's assistance in locating Suzanne Rezab, 33, who went missing in mid-September after she fled from a rehab center in Oak Park.
Business | Upgrades planned for McHenry's last suburban drive-inFans of McHenry Outdoor Theater, the only remaining drive-in in the suburbs, can rejoice that its owner is planning for the future with a bunch of upgrades and improvements.
Boys' Basketball | Schaumburg's Patterson able to get the MSL title his dad never capturedIt is a thrill for every father to watch his son to exceed dad's accomplishments. As a sophomore, Schaumburg's Vaurice Patterson Jr. can cross one off his list.
Columns | Feder: Lee Phillip Bell, 'First Lady of Chicago TV,' recalled as 'gracious and kind'Lee Phillip Bell, the Chicago talk show pioneer who co-created two long-running CBS soap operas, is being remembered as the "First Lady of Chicago Television."
McHenry County | AJ's house scheduled for demolition FridayThe Crystal Lake home where authorities say 5-year-old AJ Freund was killed by his parents last April is scheduled to be torn down starting Friday.
Columns | Constable: Growing up on the farm, some March lambs had the chops to be lionsThe idea of March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb is no comfort to people with traumatic lamb memories.
- 9:27 AMEx-Baltimore mayor set to be sentenced in book sales scheme
- 9:24 AMSaudi Arabia halts pilgrimage; Iran vice president has virus
- 9:11 AMUK court blocks Heathrow expansion over climate concerns
- 9:06 AMUS economy grew at 2.1% rate in Q4 but virus threat looms
- 9:00 AMDan + Shay, Justin Bieber, Maren Morris nab top ACM noms
More Suburban News Find your community
- WheelingDistrict 21 issues alert after strangers approach students
- PoliticsCommunity meeting Monday on Lake Villa District 41 referendum
- Lake ZurichNo Lake Zurich Craft Beer Festival on tap for 2020, organizers say
- AuroraAurora exhibit honoring victims of Pratt shooting extended two weeks
- SchaumburgYou don't need a permit to have a garage sale in Schaumburg now
- DuPage CountyStudy to examine DuPage County proposal to eliminate recorder's office
- MusicJazz in the Meadows will bring young performers together in Rolling Meadows
- MundeleinMundelein to launch overhauled website next month
- Boys' BasketballHinsdale South adjusts to York
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg holds off Buffalo Grove for MSL championship
- Prep SportsKimmel, Lake Park have high hopes for state meet
- Girls' BasketballLarkin grad Negron playing well at new school
- 10:16 PMKaneland names Hall of Fame inductees
- 10:04 PMFour alumni inducted into Marmion Athletic Hall of Fame
- 9:52 PMRoosevelt-Aurora American Legion Post 84 to open new service office in old Carnegie Library
- 9:46 PMKane County Health Department offers COVID-19 advice for businesses
- 9:39 PMSeventh-grade girls invited to 'Explore Day' at Rosary High School
- 9:10 PMBestWorld, Artifically Intellegent Improv comes to Playhouse38
- 8:51 PM'Improvised Dungeons & Dragons' comes to Playhouse 38
- 8:38 PMGeneva High to stage 'Legally Blonde The Musical' March 19-22
Through the Film Magnifer: William H Macy, Illinois Bell Strike, Montgomery Wards sking, 1979 blizard and more
Inside Daily Herald