Mundelein's Ahlstrand Marine to close dealership after 49 years
Ahlstrand Marine, a company that specialized in custom boats, antique outboard motors, and boating accessories and supplies, announced they would be closing their retail store, online store, and service operations.
The Ahlstrand's started back in the 1960s rebuilding antique outboard motors out of their basement in Northbrook, Illinois.
In 1973, Vern Ahlstrand Sr., along with his two sons, Glenn and Vern Jr., opened their first store in Wheeling, Illinois on Milwaukee Ave.
Ten years later the business expanded to a larger facility in Mundelein, Illinois on Route 60.
To build an enthusiastic customer base Ahlstrand created a business plan that would separate them from the competition:
• Started offering bulk fill fluids with reusable containers;
• Designed and sold boats custom made for Ahlstrand, then tricked them out for customers;
• Always had a large selection of boats, motors, trailers, and accessories in stock;
• Was known as the place that always had the hard-to-find parts and accessories;
• Offered outstanding service for repairs and rigging.
About Ahlstrand Marine Co:
Ahlstrand Marine based in Mundelein, Illinois was founded in 1973 by Vernon Ahlstrand Sr, Vernon Jr., and Glenn. Vernon Ahlstrand Sr. passed away in 2013.
Ahlstrand Marine is liquidating their huge marine and RV accessory inventory and collections until they are gone.
Lines handled over the years include: Evinrude, Johnson, Honda, Mercury, Volvo, Lund, Alumacraft, Apex, Winner, Sunbird, Yarcraft, Godfrey, and many more. Visit www.ahlstrandmarine.com.