Advocate Sherman physicians named Top Cancer Doctors by Chicago Magazine
Chicago Magazine has named five Advocate Sherman physicians among Chicago's Top Cancer Doctors. The list, featured in the magazine's January 2017 edition, recognizes exceptional physicians across the Chicago area who are nominated by their peers.
Dr. John Brems, surgeon, Dr. Tracy Campbell, dermatologist, Dr. David Goldrath, urologist, Dr. Edwin Priest, hematology/oncology physician, and Dr. Stefan Sczerba, plastic/reconstructive surgeon, achieved this recognition.
"We are thrilled that five of our physicians and surgeons were recognized as the top oncology doctors in the Chicago area," remarked Dr. Bruce Hyman, vice president for medical management at Advocate Sherman Hospital. "The variety of oncology sub-specialties represented showcases the experience and high quality care our hospital provides the region for cancer diagnoses, surgery, and treatment."
• Dr. John Brems is a board-certified surgeon; specializing in the surgical treatment of liver and pancreatic diseases. He is the medical director of the Center for Advanced Liver and Pancreatic Care at Sherman Hospital.
• Dr. Tracy Campbell is a board-certified dermatologist with advanced training in Mohs micrographic and reconstructive surgery, cutaneous oncology, and laser and cosmetic surgery.
• Dr. David Goldrath is a board-certified urologist; skilled in robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgeries for cancer and benign diseases of the prostate, bladder kidney, adrenals, and ureters.
• Dr. Edwin Priest is board-certified in Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, and Hematology; specializing in breast and gastrointestinal cancer in areas of bone marrow biopsy and chemotherapy.
• Dr. Stefan Szczerba is a board-certified plastic/reconstructive surgeon. He is also board-certified in general surgery and speaks fluent Polish.
"This honor reflects the patient-centered care that is consistently provided at Sherman," shared Dr. Brems, "This physician recognition would not be possible without the excellent team care being provided to the patient."
Chicago Magazine partners with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a New York City-based health care research company, to oversee the nominating survey, research, screening and selection process to compile the list of outstanding physicians in Chicago's six-county area.