News | Elgin mayor wary of tightening rules for items belonging to homeless people
Elgin city staff members want to tighten regulations after an increase in homeless people leaving belongings in public places, but Mayor David Kaptain said that gives him pause.
Transportation | Want a prime spot in Barrington's Metra lot? That'll be $1,200 a yearSimilar to how sports teams have created season seats with exclusive benefits, one suburb is offering commuters a chance to buy guaranteed parking for a year in the best spaces at its Metra station.
News | Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs rally in ninth, top Phillies 3-2Supernatural powers? Nah, but Kris Bryat and Javier Baez were almost otherwordly Tuesday night. Bryant scored a pair of key runs and Baez came off the bench to hit a game-winning pinch single in the bottom of the ninth to give the Chicago Cubs a 3-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies.
News | Electronic sign won't go on Quentin Road, Rolling Meadows aldermen sayRolling Meadows will not install an electronic message sign on the far west side of town in light of neighbors' objections. Instead, city officials said Tuesday they will look for a potential new spot to put the sign.
News | Controversial plan would let some RVs park on driveways in ElginThe Elgin City Council on Wednesday will discuss a controversial proposal to allow a test program for motorized RVs under 25 feet long to park on residential driveways from May through September.
DuPage County | Airport tenants could be prosecuted for delinquent taxesA bill that would allow the DuPage County state's attorney to prosecute tenants at the DuPage Airport who are delinquent in paying property taxes was approved by the Illinois House of Representatives Tuesday and heads to the governor's office.
Business | Suburban brewing company to open third location in St. CharlesPollyanna Brewing Company plans to open its third location in the heart of downtown St. Charles at 106 S. Riverside Ave.
News | Construction worker pinned by excavator in downtown AlgonquinA construction worker was severely injured Tuesday morning when he was hit by an excavator in downtown Algonquin, fire officials said.
News | Des Plaines finalizes deal to let Onesti run downtown theaterDes Plaines aldermen have finalized a deal to let Onesti Entertainment Corporation lease and operate the city's downtown theater, a major step in restoring the shuttered venue.
Politics | State might require fingerprint, higher fee for gun cardIllinoisans soon may have to be fingerprinted and pay an increased fee to be a licensed gun owner in the state.
White Sox | Former Chicago White Sox teammates Eaton, Frazier still feudingThey were Chicago White Sox teammates in 2016, and Adam Eaton and Todd Frazier were far from being fast friends. Three years later, Eaton and Frazier are still taking shots at each other.
- 5:30 AMBig question for EU vote: How well will the far-right do?
- 4:57 AMMore Democrats seeking impeachment proceedings against Trump
- 4:51 AMIndiana officer shoots person who pointed gun at police
- 4:42 AMKenyan author, LGBT activist Binyavanga Wainaina dies at 48
- 4:40 AMHunters harvest over 15K wild turkeys during spring season
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant
- West ChicagoMayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West Chicago
- AuroraPolice identify body found near I-88
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove formally opposes legalization of recreational marijuana
- St. CharlesSt. Charles plans to borrow $15.7 million to fund police station, other capital projects
- BartlettMan guilty of Geneva identity theft arrested in Gurnee drug case
- BarringtonTrains resume after Barrington police investigate suspicious package
- NapervilleWater main break repaired; Naperville elementary school to reopen
- NewsStevenson High honors state champs in two sports
- EducationDistrict 59 plans pilot program to beef up math curriculum
- Diamond LakeThird summer of construction in Diamond Lake District 76 set to begin
- WaucondaRacist graffiti spray-painted on Wauconda playground equipment
- 10:29 PMTeam from Flowing Forth Church to join mission trip to Mexico
- 10:10 PMSt. Catherine of Siena School students embrace the states
- 9:17 PMDonations welcome for 'Trash to Treasure' rummage sale
- 9:01 PMCollege of DuPage celebrates student academic excellence
- 8:02 PMCollege of DuPage hosts fourth annual student talent competition
- 7:11 PMBloomingdale to host annual Memorial Day Observance May 27
- 7:03 PMGlen Ellyn Historical Society gets $1,500 donation from the Reliquarians
- 6:43 PMMemorial Day volunteers honor veterans of the Civil War, War of 1812 and Spanish-American War
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more
Inside Daily Herald