• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• David J. Grata, homeless, was arrested around 4:18 p.m. Feb. 10 at Jewel-Osco, 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road, and charged with battery and obstruction. Reports said officers were called because Grata was reportedly threatening customers. He threatened the officers, claimed to have weapons (none were found) and refused to identify himself, reports said, adding he kicked an arresting officer on the shin. His court date is March 5.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $700 between 9:15 and 10:06 p.m. Feb. 9 from a table in McDonald's, 1920 N. Arlington Heights Road.
• A man damaged a hallway mirror and men's bathroom light fixture around 9:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at Big Shots Piano Lounge, 2 S. Vail. He pushed another patron in the chest and left the restaurant. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole furniture Jan. 31 on the 1000 block of Oakland Drive.
• Thieves stole medication Jan. 23 from the Barrington Animal Hospital, 216 S. Northwest Hwy.
• Thieves stole five checks around 2 p.m. Feb. 10 out of a mailbox on the 500 block of Camdon Circle.
• Thieves stole a door between midnight and 10:30 a.m. Feb. 6 from a Bobcat plow on the 100 bock of Bartlett Plaza. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $500 around 1:40 p.m. Feb. 2 out of a book bag during class at Bartlett High School, 700 W. Schick Road.
• Jorge L. Pena, 21, of the 1100 block of West Wilson Street, Batavia, and Roque P. Derobles, 19, of the 1200 block of Kings Circle, West Chicago, were arrested around 11:43 p.m. Feb. 4 at Stearns and Munger roads. Pena was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Derobles was charged with possession of marijuana and traffic violations.
• Donnely A. Toledo, 21, of the 4800 block of North Drake Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 9:43 p.m. Feb. 5 during a traffic stop on the 900 block of East Howard Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and no rear registration plate light. His court date is Feb. 25.
• Maurico Villegas, 34, of the 1400 block of South Canal Street, Chicago, was arrested around 10:12 a.m. Feb. 4 at Jewel-Osco, 1500 S. Lee St., and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take various medications, razors and weight loss aids.
• Burglars stole headphones, three gift cards, keys and change between midnight and 6 a.m. Jan. 29 out of an unlocked Chrysler in a driveway on the 1000 block of Woodlawn Avenue. Value was estimated at $75.
• Thieves stole a 3-foot off-white stone gargoyle between noon Feb. 1 and 2:20 p.m. Feb. 2 from the front patio at an apartment on the 500 block of Seegers Road. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole 15 lug nuts between Jan. 30 and 31 from a Lexus in an alley lot behind an apartment building on the 400 block of South Alles Street.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $600 between 7:15 and 7:45 p.m. Jan. 30 in a church restroom near the front entrance at 1495 E. Prospect Ave.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a 2012 Stoughton trailer between 3 p.m. Jan. 30 and 10 a.m. Jan. 31 out of a business lot at 875 E. Devon Ave. Value was estimated at $26,500.
• Thieves stole a 2007 Volvo tractor between 7:30 p.m. Feb. 1 and 9:30 a.m. Feb. 2 out of a motel lot at 1601 Oakton St. Value was estimated at $40,000.
• Thieves stole a 2007 refrigerated utility cargo trailer around 5 p.m. Jan. 22 out of a lot at Schwarz Trucking, 2700 Coyle Ave. Value was estimated at $23,000.
• Grant A. Petersen, 24, of the 900 block of East Bissell Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 4:35 a.m. Jan. 17 at Arlington Heights and Higgins roads and charged with DUI, and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Feb. 24.
• Niko A. Grimes, 20, of the 1000 block of South Arlington Heights Road, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 10:50 p.m. Feb. 4 on the 1100 block of South Arlington Heights Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is March 10.
• Peter A. Dearcangelis, 50, of the 1300 block of Sir Galahad Lane, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9 a.m. Feb. 5 at 901 Wellington Ave. and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is March 13.
• Burglars entered a home on the 200 block of Shelley through the garage between noon and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4 and took two jars of change, a laptop and bag. Value was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a wallet around 4:29 p.m. Feb. 10 at Time Out Sports Club, 1130 Lake St.
• Rickea Thomas, 30, of the 1700 block of Arlington, Hanover Park, was arrested at her home and charged with aggravated assault and probation violation.
• Burglars stole a stun gun between Nov. 5 and Feb. 5 out of a car on the 1500 block of Russell Road. Value was estimated at $60.
• Thieves stole a girl's cellphone valued at $400 between 12:40 and 12:50 p.m. Feb. 10 after she left it on her desk in a classroom at Conant High School, 700 E. Cougar Trail.
• Thieves stole a hearing aid valued at $4,200 between 1 and 2:30 p.m. Jan. 31 out of the basket on a motorized handicap shopping cart at Mariano's, 2575 W. Golf Road.
• Thieves stole a money clip with $75 between 8:30 and 10:30 p.m. Jan. 30 out of a men's locker at an athletic club, 1685 W. Higgins Road.
• James E. Bergmann, 52, of the 700 block of Huntington Commons Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 3:15 p.m. Feb. 6 at his apartment and charged with local ordinance disorderly conduct. Reports said a female resident in another apartment claimed that Bergmann shouted at her and threatened to kill her dogs because he felt the dogs were walking too close to his windows.
• Jacob A. Araiza, 21, of the 100 block of West Merle, Des Plaines, and Samantha R. Santilli, 19, of the 600 block of Lake Manor, Addison, were arrested around 1:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw them take leggings, shoes, men's slacks, sweaters, sweatshirt, and men's shirts; value was estimated at $400. Their court date is March 4.
• Jolanta Byczek, 63, and Margaret Niewiarowski, 42, both of the 0-100 of East Old Willow Road, Prospect Heights, were arrested around 5:26 p.m. Feb. 1 at Walmart in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw them take merchandise valued at $106.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti between 10 p.m. Feb. 1 and 9:45 a.m. Feb. 2 on an exterior wall at a townhouse on the 500 block of Dogwood Lane. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Ashley M. Hartline, 18, of the 400 block of Glendale Road, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her hide cosmetics valued at $80 in her purse. Her court date is March 15.
• Juan Nieves, 18, of the 0-100 block of North Wolf Road, Wheeling, was arrested around 11:20 a.m. Jan. 23 at Wheeling High School, 800 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with local ordinance theft. Reports said he was seen on a security video taking another student's cellphone from a wall charger in the cafeteria. His court date is March 12.
• Thieves stole a soccer bag containing a designer watch, designer coat, cellphone, dress pants and shirt, two jerseys, sports accessories and a wallet between 7:35 and 9:15 p.m. Jan. 28, stored under a counter at Soccer City, 545 S. Consumers Ave. Value was estimated a $12,430.
• Burglars broke the glass front door around 3:30 p.m. Jan. 29 at Vini's Pizza, 743 W. Palatine Road, and stole $200 from the front counter.
• Burglars broke doors to gain entry between 1:49 and 1:54 a.m. Jan. 29 at Supermercado Guzman, 1611 N. Baldwin Road, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Burglars broke a front door window between 10 p.m. Jan. 29 and 8:15 a.m. Jan. 30 at Artistic Cuisine 16 S. Bothwell St., rifled through two cash registers and stole $2,000 out of a money deposit bag.
• Burglars pried the front door between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 29 at an apartment on the 1800 block of North Green Lane and stole several items including power tools, a TV and $500. During the same time and on the same block, burglars broke a front apartment window and stole $10 in loose change, checkbooks, yellow gold pin and an 8-inch knife. Value was estimated at $35.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $550 around 7 p.m. Jan. 31 out of a shorts pocket in a gym at Buehler YMCA, 1400 W. Northwest Hwy. The shorts were hanging on a hook while the victim was playing basketball.
• Thieves stole an iPod between 3:30 and 3:50 p.m. Feb. 1 after the owner left it on a table at Wendy's restaurant, 1207 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Vandals set two recycling bins on fire around 10:08 p.m. Jan. 30 on the 100 block of Elm Street and 300 block of East Circle Avenue.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti between 3 and 4 p.m. Jan. 27 on an exterior condominium wall on the 1500 block of Quaker Lane.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $800 between 1 and 2 p.m. Feb. 1 after the owner left it in an employee bathroom at Ultra Foods, 1241 N. Rand Road.
• A vandal kicked and broke the rear bumper between 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Feb. 3 on a 2013 Nissan Sentra in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Piper Lane.
• Vandals smashed the rear driver's-side window between 10:46 p.m. Jan. 21 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 22 on a 1999 Toyota 4Runner in a business lot at 750 Northgate Parkway.
• Thieves stole four tires and rims valued at $600 between 1 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 22 from a 2000 Acura hatchback in a condominium lot on the 1200 block of Pleasant Run Drive.
• Burglars pried a storage locker and stole four video game systems between Dec. 23 and Jan. 23 in a condominium building on the 1100 block of Pleasant Run Drive.
• Thieves, possibly using a master key, stole quarters valued at $200 out of coin boxes on a washer and dryer Jan. 23 in a condominium building laundry room on the 600 block of McHenry Road. The thefts began after one of the machines was serviced in September by a substitute company when the primary company was unable to come. There were no signs of forced entry to the boxes.
• Thieves stole a package containing four clothing items between 2:14 p.m. Jan. 23 and 8 a.m. Jan. 24 after the mail carrier left it in the foyer at a condominium building on the 100 block of North Wolf Road. Value was estimated at $109.