• Two women carrying a foil-lined bag and backpack were seen on a security videotape hiding 35 over-the-counter medications, energy drinks, probiotics, and thermometers in their bags around 12:50 p.m. Oct. 20 at Walgreens, 1000 E. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $983. They reportedly matched the description of subjects who have shoplifted from other area Walgreens. They fled in a sedan, possibly a Pontiac Grand Prix.
• Arsonists stuffed a cloth in the gas tank opening on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of North Dryden around 1:05 a.m. Oct. 15 and set the cloth on fire. The victim put out the fire with an extinguisher.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a customer's purse after she hung it on the back of her chair at Panera Bread, 5 W. Rand Road, between 4:45 and 6:40 p.m. Oct. 20. Value was estimated at $55.
• Thieves opened a package delivered to the lobby at an apartment building on the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road between 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Oct. 14 and stole cosmetics valued at $50.
• Thieves stole a boys' 20-inch beige bicycle out of Schaag Park, 800 E. Mayfair Road, between 9:30 p.m. Oct. 15 and 10 a.m. Oct. 16. Value was estimated at $100.
• Three males stole an iPod out of an unlocked 1995 Eagle Talon on the 800 block of East Shady Way around 2:15 p.m. Oct. 14. The victim saw them at his car, one of them sitting inside. He ran toward them and they fled with his iPod.
• Burglars stole an iPod valued under $100 out of an unlocked 1996 Acura Integra and unlocked the driver's-side door on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am by reaching through an open window and stole two purses (value was estimated at $190). Both vehicles were in an apartment lot on the 4200 block of North Bloomington Avenue between midnight and 1 a.m. Oct. 15.
• Burglars stole a designer purse and designer wallet out of an unlocked 1999 Acura TL on the fourth level of a public parking garage, 155 E. Eastman, between 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14 and 11 a.m. Oct. 15. Value was estimated at $750. Contents from the purse and wallet were found later on the 2100 block of North Walnut, but the purse and wallet were missing.
• Burglars removed a window screen and opened the unlocked kitchen window at a home on the 1100 block of South Haddow between 3:45 and 11:30 p.m. Oct. 14 and stole cash and 50-60 U.S. silver dollars. Value was estimated at $1,200.
• Burglars broke the lock on a living room window at a home on the 600 block of East Mayfair Road (near Lynden Lane) between 6:50 and 11 p.m. Oct. 14 and stole $200, five watches and diamond jewelry.
• Burglars attempted to pry the front door at a condominium on the 700 block of East Falcon between 5 and 9:30 p.m. Oct. 14 but did not get the door open.
• Burglars pried a rear window at a home on the 300 block of South Newbury Place between 2:30 p.m. Oct. 14 and 3:30 p.m. Oct. 16 and stole two diamond studded watches valued at $2,000 and jewelry.
• Ryan Lynch, 21, of the 1500 block of Trenton Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 11:35 a.m. Oct. 19 at 1041 W. Stearns Road, and charged with local ordinance possession of stolen property. Jason Chambers, 21, of the 700 block of Orchid Lane, Bartlett, was arrested and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Their court date is Nov. 16.
• Chad Martin Penn, 21, of the 0-100 block of Birch Trail, Wheeling, was arrested around 5 p.m. Oct. 10 in a parking lot on the 200 block of Horatio Boulevard and charged with criminal sexual assault.
• Bret Ralph Luga, 33, of the 27600 block of North Hickory, Island Lake, was arrested around 3:40 p.m. Oct. 15 on the 1500 block of Lake-Cook Road and charged with possession of marijuana, speeding, uninsured motorist, and bond forfeiture warrant. • Burglars broke into three homes on the 0-100 block of Chevy Chase Drive Oct. 16 and 17. At one home burglars stole cash, jewelry and silver coins between 5 and 10:10 p.m. Oct. 16. During the same time, burglars broke into a second home; it was not immediately clear if anything but a pillowcase was taken. Burglars entered the third home between 2 and 3:25 p.m. Oct. 17 and stole a laptop computer, jewelry and cash; value was estimated at $1,305.
• Thieves stole two impact drills, a jack hammer, cordless ratchet, laser level, five hammers, a hammer drill and a container of paint from RG Ray Corp. on the 900 block of Busch Parkway between Oct. 13 and 17. Value was estimated at $4,475.
• An ex-employee has reportedly stolen products valued at $1,390 from International Services Inc. by shipping and receiving them using the company's FedEx and Westlaw accounts. Letters asking for restitution have gone unanswered and attempts to contact him by phone have failed.
• Thieves stole an unlocked yellow mountain bike at Aptakisic School, 1231 Weiland Road, between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Oct. 17.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $900 out of a delivery truck in a banquet restaurant lot on the 1300 block of West Dundee Road around 4:15 p.m. Oct. 12.
• Vandals scratched a student's car in the basin lot at Buffalo Grove High School, 1100 W. Dundee Road Oct. 7 and in the main lot Oct. 12.
• Vandals in a vehicle struck a mailbox on the 200 block of Osage Terrace around 7:15 p.m. Oct. 14.
• Thieves stole a 2007 Toyota Camry between 7 and 8:25 p.m. Oct. 14 on the 1200 block of Bristol Lane.
• Vandals damaged the curbside mailbox at a home on the 300 block of Armstrong Drive between 6 and 9 p.m. Oct. 14.
• Thieves stole a red road bike and bike rack from a car on Old Oak Drive Oct. 16. Value was estimated at $800.
• Burglars broke into a home on the 0-100 block of Linden Avenue between 6:30 and 9:10 p.m. Oct. 16 and stole old coins, silver dollars and old $1 and $2 dollar bills. • Thieves stole airline tickets out of a guest's room at Wyndham Garden Hotel, 900 Lake-Cook Road, between Oct. 14 and 17.
• Burglars stole $30 in loose change out of an unlocked vehicle on the 200 block of Windsor Drive between 5 p.m. Oct. 9 and 9 a.m. Oct. 11. • Burglars broke into four cars in an apartment lot on Old Oak Drive between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 9 and 6:35 a.m. Oct. 10 and stole a radar detector out of one vehicle and the window mount for a navigation system out of another car.
• Thieves stole a notebook computer out of BG Dialysis Center, 1291 W. Dundee Road, between 3 p.m. Oct. 8 and 7 a.m. Oct. 10.
• Misael Medina-Cruz, 29, of the 300 block of Inland Drive, Wheeling, and two boys, 14- and 16-years-old, were arrested around 1 a.m. Oct. 19 at South Wolf Road and Cumberland Circle and charged with damage to property. The two teens also were charged with curfew violation and consumption of alcohol by a minor. They reportedly harassed a 20-year-old man and 21-year-old woman while the victims were standing next to the man's car in a doughnut shop lot, 1204 S. Milwaukee Ave., Prospect Heights. The three offenders were in a car parked in the restaurant lot next to the doughnut shop. Someone in Medina-Cruz's car hurled a glass bottle at the victim's front windshield. The victim drove out of the lot, followed by Medina-Cruz, who reportedly tailgated the victim's car south on River Road to Golf Road in Des Plaines. The victim phoned 911 and followed the offenders in order to identify them for police. One of Medina-Cruz's passengers threw a second glass bottle that smashed the rear passenger's-side window on the victim's car around Rand Road and Fifth Avenue, where officers met the victims. Officers were able to stop Medina-Cruz's car from the description given by the victims. A court date is Nov. 22.
• Boguslawa K. Szpara, 48, of the 4700 block of Harwood Heights, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Oct. 12 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with city ordinance trespassing. She had put herself on a self-exclusionary list at Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin on July 28, 2008.
• Officers received an anonymous Crime Stoppers tip and found and arrested underage drinkers at a home on the 600 block of Longford Drive around 11:30 p.m. Oct. 14. Danielle Marie Kapolas, 19, of the 600 block of Longford Drive, was charged with city ordinances consumption of alcohol by a minor and facilitating the use of alcoholic beverages. Thomas J. Majczan, 21, of the 2900 block of North 79th Avenue, Elmwood Park, was charged with city ordinance encouraging the delinquency of a minor. Charged with city ordinance consumption of alcohol by a minor: Christopher A. Cooper, 19, of the 1800 block of South Sycamore Street, Des Plaines, Alexandrea P. Crackel, 18, and Morgan L. Dix, both of the 1300 block of Oakwood Avenue, Des Plaines, Edgardo Hernandez-Febles, 18, and Meghan A. Penebaker, 19, both of the 1300 block of East Forest Avenue, Des Plaines, Ryan Michael Mount, 20, of the 100 block of Harvey Avenue, Des Plaines, Jennifer Rosales, 18, of the 700 block of Dover Place, Wheeling, Julian Ruiz, 18, of the 1300 block of East Walnut Avenue, Des Plaines, Joseph R. Szanati, 18, of the 800 block of East Walter Avenue, Des Plaines, Julio Trejo, 19, of the 2100 block of South Chestnut Street, Des Plaines, and a 17-year-old boy. A court date is Nov. 22.
• Patrick J. Petrillo, 22, of the 400 block of South Ramer, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 3:15 a.m. Oct. 15 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with local ordinance battery after he reportedly hurled a chair at a 36-year-old male bartender. The chair hit him in the legs but did not injure him.
• Thomas A. Ryan, 41, of the 7600 block of West Gregory Street, Chicago, was arrested around 1:20 a.m. Oct. 15 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with criminal trespass after he reportedly stole casino chips Sept. 23 and was banned from the casino. He returned Oct. 15 and was arrested. According to reports, he was "capping" (adding chips to a winning stack to get more chips than he had won). He placed chips valued at $200 on top of a stack valued at $100 when his bet won. His court date is Dec. 1.
• Five visitors at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, were asked to leave but refused and were arrested and charged with city ordinance criminal trespass. Ki Young Yoo, 46, of the 6205 N. Washtenaw, Chicago, at 10:50 p.m. Oct. 14, Reynaldo Plata, 44, of the 1400 block of South Bayport Lane, Round Lake at 9:15 a.m. Oct. 15, and Nicholas P. Kurger, 26, of the 1800 block of Independence Drive, Gurnee, at 1:06 a.m. Oct. 16; all are on the self-exclusion list. Chun Cheung, 61, of the 3100 block of South Canal Street, Chicago, was asked to leave around 3:40 a.m. Oct. 16 and refused. Daniel Pelt, 52, of the 1200 block of South 50th Court, Cicero, was intoxicated and asked to leave. He left but returned and was arrested around 3:50 p.m. Oct. 15.
• Jesse Olivar, 18, of the 800 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9 p.m. Oct. 14 on the 1400 block of East Wicke Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Mercury Milan, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and 2006 Honda Civic in a hotel lot at 2930 River Road and a 2010 Jeep Compass in a hotel lot at 2950 River Road between 8 p.m. Oct. 14 and 7:45 a.m. Oct. 15 and stole a laptop computer out of both the Milan and Grand Cherokee and three chiropractic instruments out of the Civic. The Compass was ransacked but nothing appeared to be missing. Value was estimated at $6,350.
• A man was seen on a security videotape stealing 31 bottles of liquor from Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St., around 8:10 a.m. Oct. 15. He hid the bottles inside his shirt and jacket and fled in a red car. Value was estimated at $810. According to reports, he was videotaped stealing liquor from the same store Oct. 11.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, tackle box with fishing accessories, blood pressure and pain medications, car key and CD case with various CDs out of a 1999 Nissan Altima in a lot on the 600 block of Colonial Lane between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Oct. 14. Value was estimated at $602.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from five U-Haul trucks in a lot at 1560 S. Mount Prospect Road between 5 p.m. Oct. 16 and 7 a.m. Oct. 17. Value was estimated at $7,500.
• Burglars stole the in-dash CD player and two speakers out of a 1993 Lincoln Town Car in a mobile home park on the 800 block of East Oakton Street between Oct. 15 and 18. Value was estimated at $430.
Elk Grove Village
• Parul K. Shah, 52, of the 1300 block of North Darlington Circle, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 2:35 p.m. Sept. 30 at 801 Meacham Road and charged with retail theft. Her court date is Oct. 24.
• Terrance J. Perez, 18, of the 200 block of Village Drive, Northlake, was arrested around 12:35 a.m. Oct. 6 at Oakton Street and Kent Avenue and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Nov. 10.
• Kendrick D. Robinson, 33, of the 15300 block of Afton Avenue, Markham, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Oct. 10 on the 800 block of Greenleaf Avenue and charged with battery. His court date is Nov. 16.
• Karen M. Miller, 48, of the 700 block of Texas Street, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. Oct. 3 at 901 W. Wellington Ave., and charged with financial exploitation of an elderly person. Her court date is Nov. 10.
• Thieves stole a 2008 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle from a driveway on the 500 block of Walnut between Sept. 26 and 29. Value was estimated at $17,000.
• Thieves stole a 2005 Freightliner tractor/trailer out of a business lot at 1000 Elmhurst Road between noon Oct. 1 and 11 a.m. Oct. 2. Value was estimated at $20,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck on the 1800 block of Longboat Drive between 6 p.m. Sept. 28 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 29 and stole a GPS unit, backpack containing vitamin supplements and a checkbook. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars pried a rear door at Doggit Hot Dogs Restaurant, 812 Higgins Road, between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 29 and 7 a.m. Sept. 30 and stole cash out of two registers. Loss was estimated at $950.
• Thieves stole a cellphone out of a boy's backpack in a locker room at 777 W. Elk Grove Blvd. between 9 and 11 a.m. Sept. 26. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a 2010 Ford pickup truck on the 2600 block of United Lane between 1 and 2 p.m. Sept. 30 and stole an iPod. Loss was estimated at $800.
• Thieves stole the tires and taillights from a 2005 Rolco boat trailer parked behind a business at 470 Jarvis Ave. between May 15 and Oct. 3. Value was estimated at $800.
• Burglars entered a 2010 Toyota Prius in a store lot at 375 W. Higgins Road between 10:30 and 11:05 a.m. Oct. 15 and stole digital photos and DVDs of a family wedding out of the trunk.
• Burglars attempted to steal two large containers of thick black copper wiring and sheets of copper on rolling carts from Universal Scientific of Illinois, 2101 Arthur Ave., around 12:10 a.m. Oct. 10 but fled when an alarm sounded. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole approximately 200 gallons of diesel fuel out of saddle tanks on a tractor in a lot at 1001 Fargo Avenue between Oct. 7 and 10. Loss was estimated at $700.
Burglars broke into a Ford Econoline van in a lot at 1870 Brummel between Oct. 7 and 10 and stole a power drill and case. Loss was estimated at $650.
• Thieves stole cellphones and cameras from three students after they left the items on the bleachers during the homecoming dance at Elk Grove High School, 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd., between 8 and 10:30 p.m. Oct. 1. Value was estimated at $1,050.
• Thieves stole an iPod out of a student's backpack during a gym class between noon and 12:45 p.m. Sept. 30 at Elk Grove High School, 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd. Value was estimated at $200.
• Alex E. Erspamer, 19, of the 1100 block of Appletree, Bartlett, was arrested around 9:10 a.m. Oct. 18 at the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway and Lake Street and charged with possession of marijuana. He was also arrested on a warrant out of Carol Stream for possession of marijuana.
• Tyrell D. McGee, 19, and Jamar C. McToy, 19, both of the 5600 block of Court Tiburon, Hanover Park, were arrested around 4:40 p.m. Oct. 17 at Catlina and Carmel and charged with assault.
• Robert W. Velinski, 20, of the 400 block of Catalpa, Itasca, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Oct. 17 on the 7100 block of Astor and charged with unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.
• Dariusz Zaborowski, 43, of the 5300 block of Niven, Hanover Park, was arrested around 2 p.m. Oct. 16 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with criminal damage to property.
• William J. Vrchota, 36, of the 5800 block of Chatsworth, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Oct. 16 at Gary and Lake streets and charged with unlawful use of a weapon and driving under the influence.
• Thieves stole $300 at Walgreens, 7350 Barrington Road, around 4:50 p.m. Oct. 17 after it was left by mistake.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on nine apartment buildings on the 1700 block of Briarwood, and 2000 and 2100 blocks of Narcissus overnight Oct. 16-17.
• Burglars broke a window and stole liquor from the Los Ramirez Restaurant, 1816 Irving Park Road, around 10:30 a.m. Oct. 16.
• Thieves stole a black and blue BMX bike locked in the bike rack at Lakeview School, 615 Lakeview Lane between 3 p.m. Oct. 18 and 8 a.m. Oct. 19. Value was estimated at $70.
• Adam Richard Kehe, 27, of the 100 block of Washington Boulevard, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Oct. 13 at The Home Depot, 350 E. Kensington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after employee Kehe reportedly under-rang merchandise for a male acquaintance: a table saw and two rolls of roof felt on Sept. 4; two nailers and a tool combo pack Sept. 15; two drills Sept. 20; and two hammer drills Sept. 29. Value was estimated at $2,364. His court date is Nov. 4.
• Debriah R. Wiley, 31, of the 2300 block of South Cannon Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 8 p.m. Oct. 17 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with felony retail theft after she reportedly took four bath sets, 10 towels, seven fragrances, 16 jewelry items, and two lip sets; value was estimated at $657. The charges were dropped on Nov. 11.
• Cameron R. Adams, 30, of the 600 block of Winnetka Mews, Winnetka, was arrested around 12:45 a.m. Oct. 17 in a parked car on the 700 block of Dogwood Lane and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance after an officer found 10 amphetamine tablets in the car and Adams reportedly said a friend gave him the pills. His court date is Nov. 10.
• A woman, estimated at 30 years old, took 22 packages of steaks valued at $264 from Jewel, 333 E. Euclid Ave., around 12:55 p.m. Oct. 11 and left in a black sedan driven by a male accomplice.
• Vandals broke wooden fence slats on the south side of Indian Grove Elementary School, 1340 N. Burning Bush Lane, and used rocks to dent and scratch fins on a liquid cooler unit between 2:30 p.m. Oct. 12 and 11:10 a.m. Oct. 13. Damage was estimated at $10,050.
• Thieves stole an iPod, fours silver spoons, and four sets of silver chopsticks out of a home on the 900 block of Centennial Drive between Sept. 6 and Oct. 6. There was no sign of forced entry. Value was estimated at $870.
• Thieves stole a video-game system, five video games, and a laptop computer out of an apartment on the 2200 block of Lexington Drive between 9 a.m. and 10:50 p.m. Oct. 13. There was no sign of forced entry. Value was estimated at $1,750.
• Vandals spray painted gang graffiti on four exterior walls at an apartment building on the 1100 block of Boxwood Drive between 11 p.m. Oct. 15 and 10 a.m. Oct. 16. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars stole two pairs of sunglasses, a cellphone charging cord, bottle of hair spray, a pair of walkie-talkies, car vacuum and flash drive out of a 2005 Lincoln Navigator on the 600 block of Dogwood Lane between 10 p.m. Oct. 14 and 6 p.m. Oct. 16. Value was estimated at $555.
• Burglars stole three pairs of sunglasses out of a 2011 Nissan Juke on the 900 block of Boxwood Drive between 9 p.m. Oct. 14 and 8 a.m. Oct. 15. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a 2000 Ford F650 truck belonging to American Tree Care based in North Aurora but parked at Public Storage, 708 W. Central Road, between 6:20 p.m. Oct. 15 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 17 and stole an empty cash box. Loss was estimated at $375.
• Vandals damaged two vehicles in a business lot at 1100 Business Center Drive between Oct. 14 and 17. Vandals used a rock and angle iron to smash all windows and dent the roof and hood on a 1999 Ford Mustang and to smash the rear window on a 1993 Jeep Cherokee. Damage was estimated at $4,300.
• A burglar wearing a dark hoodie broke into a 1995 Nissan Maxima in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Pickwick Court around 2 a.m. Oct. 17 and stole a GPS unit. The sound of breaking glass woke the male victim, who looked outside and saw the burglar take the GPS and run east through the lot. Loss was estimated at $681.
• A man reportedly stole liquor valued at $193 from Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, around 5:40 p.m. Oct. 18. He pushed a cart full of bottles out of the store and loaded them into a silver 2000 Ford Taurus driven by a male accomplice.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Chrysler 300 in an apartment lot on the 1300 block of North Turtle Creek between 9:30 and 10:13 p.m. Oct. 4 and stole a wallet.
• Vandals hurled a brick that broke a window at True Value Hardware, 790 W. Euclid Ave., between 7:18 and 7:25 p.m. Oct. 7.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Ford Explorer on the 1200 block of North Winslowe Drive between 9 and 11 p.m. Oct. 4 and stole a GPS unit.
• Vandals shattered two outer panes on a sliding-glass door at an apartment on the 700 block of East Rand Grove Lane between 6 p.m. Oct. 7 and 7 a.m. Oct. 10. Damage was estimated at $1,400.
• Burglars stole a GPS and money out of an unlocked 2001 Lexus SUV on the 0-100 block of West Pleasant Hill Boulevard between 1 and 1:30 a.m. Oct. 9. Value was estimated at $500.
• Julio E. Perez, 24, of the 100 block of Edgewood Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 5:10 p.m. Oct. 20 at Target, 1235 E. Higgins Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a set of earphones and a car charger; value was estimated at $65. His court date is Dec. 2.
• Maranda D. Morgan, 24, of the 6200 block of Honore, Chicago, and a juvenile were arrested around 8 p.m. Oct. 19 at Lord &Taylor in Woodfield Shopping Center and charged with retail theft after they reportedly took two shirts and two hats; value was estimated at $240. A court date is Dec. 1.
• Andrew D. Owens, 22, of the 6400 block of South Peoria Ave., Chicago, was arrested around 6 p.m. Oct. 15 at Abercrombie & Fitch in Woodfield Shopping Center and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly removed sensors and stole clothes valued at $349. His court date is Nov. 22.
• Zeinab Samsami Fard, 30, of the 1200 block of Pine Valley, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:45 p.m. Oct. 18 at Macy's in Woodfield Shopping Center and charged with felony retail theft after she reportedly took five shirts and three skirts; value was estimated at $492. Her court date is Nov. 22.
• Silvia Ibarra, 19, of the 1100 block of South Busse Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Oct. 18 at Macy's in Woodfield Shopping Center and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took two shirts valued at $72. Her court date is Nov. 28.
• Samphanh S. Pakhotama, 30, of the 1400 block of South Blackhawk Circle, South Elgin, was arrested around 12:20 p.m. Oct. 3 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly tried to return stolen merchandise. Reports said he had been seen taking merchandise from Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, around 4 p.m. Oct. 1, and from Walmart on Aug. 24 and 25. Reports said he was also implicated in a retail theft at Kohl's. His court date is Oct. 24.
• Jamon D. Antoine, 17, of the 900 block of Miller Avenue, Streamwood, was arrested around 11:35 a.m. Oct. 10 on the 300 block of Sarasota and charged with felony residential burglary after he reportedly broke a basement window at a home on the 500 block of East Shagbark Lane around 11 a.m. Nothing appeared to be missing. A next-door neighbor woke to the sound of glass breaking. He saw two males run from the house and meet a third male sitting in Challenger 7 Park. Officers chased them north through the park. Two of the three were caught. One was apparently a juvenile. Antoine's court date is Nov. 4.
• A Hanover Park man was cheated out of $1,700 between June 6 and Oct. 15 by a woman who claimed she could get him a driver's license, even though he did not have a social security card. He met the woman at a food market, 939 E. Irving Park Road in Streamwood, where he gave her the money. She first asked for $1,500, telling him she had connections in the Secretary of State's office. A few weeks later, she informed him that he would need to pay $200 more so she could clear up his driving record. He gave her the additional money. He waited but has not heard from her and she does not return his calls. He knows that at least 10 other victims have given her money, and maybe 50 individuals have been scammed.
• Thieves stole an iPod out of a girl's backpack at a tennis court at Streamwood High School, 701 W. Schaumburg Road, between 7:45 and 8:14 p.m. Oct. 4 and stole an iPod out of a boy's gym locker between 12:20 and 1 p.m. Oct. 12.
• A male thief was seen taking a bicycle out of a backyard on the 1700 block of South Green Meadows around noon Oct. 5.
• Thieves stole a purse out of a customer's shopping cart at Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, between noon and 12:30 p.m. Oct. 10.
• Burglars stole a purse containing gold jewelry, cosmetics, and ID cards out of an unlocked 2001 Ford Escape in a valet restaurant parking lot at 700 S. Barrington Road between 6 and 9:50 p.m. Oct. 9.
• Thieves stole a gas water pump, generator, and saw out of a 2005 Chevrolet truck belonging to Tri Tech Electrical of Romeoville and parked at the construction site at Sutton Road and Southwick between Oct. 7 and 11.
• Maria Bahena-Ocampo, 21, of the 400 block of Pleasant Run Drive, was arrested around 12:15 a.m. Oct. 14 at her home and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Police reports said an officer found her dancing with others outside her apartment building and smelled burned marijuana. She reportedly handed the officer a glass marijuana pipe. Her court date is Nov. 29.
• Joshua Greenberg, 19, of the 100 block of Nova Court, Wheeling, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. Oct. 15 on the 1200 block of Mae Court and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 29.
• Thieves stole clothing merchandise from two booths during a convention in the Westin Hotel, 601 N. Milwaukee Ave., between midnight and 7 a.m. Oct. 16. Offenders stole 20 items valued at $680 from Monsters On The Move and 53 items valued at $2,105 from Nappy Tabs. The booths were in the west hallway.
• Vandals shot BB-gun pellets that damaged a sliding-glass door at a home on the 1000 block of Woodland Drive between 3 and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 17. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a commercial lawn mower and a residential lawn mower out of a landscape trailer in a business lot at 240 Larkin Drive between 3:15 and 4:10 p.m. Oct. 18. Value was estimated at $1,750.
• Vandals smashed the rear passenger's-side window on a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban in a hotel lot at 601 N. Milwaukee Ave. between 9:30 p.m. Oct. 13 and 7:20 a.m. Oct. 14. Damage was estimated at $150.