Trump, in 2020 campaign mode, calls Democrats 'radical'
President Donald Trump jabbed at the press and poked the eye of the political establishment he ran against in 2016 as he kicked off his reelection campaign with a grievance-filled rally that focused more on settling scores than laying out his agenda for a possible second term.
Polar bear spotted in Russian city, far from normal habitatAn emaciated polar bear has been sighted in a Russian industrial city in Siberia
Police: Arizona man beheads roommate's dog as she moves outAn Arizona man has been arrested on suspicion of mutilating and beheading his roommate's dog as she moved out of the home they shared in a Phoenix suburb
5 takeaways from Trump's 2020 campaign launch speechPresident Donald Trump officially launched his 2020 reelection campaign Tuesday. It was very much a Greatest Hits rally. But there were a few interesting and new-ish lines that stuck out.
As Trump's defense pick withdraws, he addresses violent domestic incidentsIn the months that he has served as President Donald Trump's acting secretary of defense, Patrick Shanahan has worked to keep domestic violence incidents within his family private. His wife was arrested after punching him in the face, and his son was arrested after a separate incident in which he hit his mother with a baseball bat. "Bad things can happen to good families ... and this is a tragedy, really," Shanahan said.
Trump EPA close to gutting Obama rule on coal power plantsTrump administration close to completing one of the biggest of its dozens of rollbacks of environmental rules, replacing an Obama-era effort to wean the US electrical grid off coal-fired power plants
Fact-checking President Trump's reelection campaign kickoffHere are some of the highlights -- and lowlights -- of Trump's announcement on June 18 that he will run for reelection.
Trump campaign raises $24.8M in less than 24 hoursThe staggering sum was announced in a tweet on Wednesday morning by Republican Party Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. It dwarfs what the top Democratic contenders in the 2020 White House primary raised over the course of the first three months of this year.
Chicago police officers cleared in 2016 shooting of black manChicago's Civilian Office of Police Accountability has cleared two officers of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of an African-American man in a majority white Southwest Side neighborhood
House votes to block military transgender banThe Democratic-controlled House has voted to block President Donald Trump's move to restrict transgender men and women from military service
Google puts up $1B to ease housing headaches it helped causeGoogle will pour $1 billion into trying to solve a problem that it helped create
Trump: Shanahan out at Pentagon, Esper now acting secretaryPresident Donald Trump says Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan is withdrawing his nomination
- 7:31 PMFBI eyes Deutsche Bank after money-laundering report
- 7:30 PMMan featured in video demands of firing of Phoenix cops
- 7:24 PMStolen car leads to juveniles in custody in Round Lake Park
- 7:24 PMMount Prospect business shuts down amid 'burnt cheese' odor complaints
- 7:24 PMNaperville seeking 'ample time' for recreational pot sales debate
- 7:13 PMChicago panel clears 2 white officers in black man's death
- 7:05 PMBoil order including Hawthorn Mall, Mellody Farm in Vernon Hills going into Thursday
More Suburban News
- WheatonChristopher Zaruba recommended for vacant Wheaton City Council seat
- BarringtonBarrington manufacturer donates $1.3 million in gear, training to ECC
- ElginElgin man missing since Monday
- EducationDistrict 220 parents call new facility for special-needs transition program inadequate
- Hoffman EstatesDrive-through restaurant coming to Hoffman Plaza
- Island LakeIsland Lake Trustee Jennifer Villarreal resigns
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees don't favor imposing condo, townhouse rental restrictions
- LakemoorLakemoor man sentenced to 6 years on child pornography charge
- AuroraMan charged with $279K Aurora business theft surrenders, settles lawsuit
- NapervilleDecision delayed on Little Friends land in Naperville
- SchaumburgPerson in custody after Schaumburg man found dead
- EducationDistrict 214 approves new five-year deal with teachers
- RosemontIf appointed to open legislative seat, Rosemont mayor says he would keep both positions
- St. CharlesIn light of state tobacco law, St. Charles raises possession age to 21
- McHenry CountyDemonstrators seek to keep AJ's memory alive as case against parents proceeds
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more