1 officer indicted in Breonna Taylor case, not for her death
A Kentucky grand jury brought no charges against Louisville police for the killing of Breonna Taylor during a drug raid gone wrong, with prosecutors saying Wednesday two officers who fired their weapons at the Black woman were justified in using force to protect themselves.
Ginsburg remembered as prophet for justice, American iconWith crowds of admirers swelling outside, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was remembered Wednesday at the court by grieving family, colleagues and friends as a prophet for justice who persevered against long odds to become an American icon.
GOP Senate report on Biden son alleges conflict of interestTwo Republican-led Senate committees issued a politically charged report Wednesday alleging that the work Joe Biden's son did in Ukraine constituted a conflict of interest for the Obama administration at a time when Biden was engaged in Ukraine policy as vice president. But the report also offered no support for President Donald Trump's claim that the Democratic presidential nominee had improperly pressed for the firing of the country's top prosecutor to protect his son.
Single-dose vaccine tested as U.S. experts say no corners cutA huge international study of a COVID-19 vaccine that aims to work with just one dose is getting underway as top U.S. health officials sought Wednesday to assure a skeptical Congress and public that they can trust any shots the government ultimately approves.
Telling COVID's story: At UN, leaders spin virus storylinesAt the 75th annual United Nations General Assembly, world leaders are floating solutions to combating the coronavirus while sometimes criticizing other nations and arguing the U.N. itself needs reform
UK says no-deal Brexit could see 7,000-truck border queuesThe British government says there could be lines of 7,000 trucks at the English Channel and two-day waits to get into France immediately after the U.K. makes its economic break from the European Union
Report: Video refutes trooper who denied unmasking protesterRecords show a former Tennessee state trooper's insistence that he never yanked the mask off a protester near the state Capitol was refuted by surveillance footage and an eyewitness account from a fellow law enforcement officer
Russia's Navalny released from German hospital after 32 daysThe German hospital treating Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny for poisoning says his condition improved enough for him to be released
Chicago puts Wisconsin on quarantine list for second timeChicago officials Tuesday told visitors from Wisconsin for the second time that they must remain in quarantine for two weeks if they visit the city.
UN labor agency: Growing rich-poor gap amid COVID pandemicThe U.N. labor agency says the coronavirus pandemic has led to massive drop in income for workers around the world, warning of rising inequality between rich countries that have injected government cash into their economies and poorer countries that can't
Malaysian opposition leader Anwar plans new governmentMalaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim says he has secured a majority in Parliament to form a new government, but parties in the ruling coalition called it a cheap publicity stunt
Cold diggers? UN finds a record low in Greenland ice in 1991Climate historians hunting for past temperature extremes have unearthed what the U.N. weather agency calls a new record low in the Northern Hemisphere of nearly -70 degrees Celsius (-93 F) at a remote Greenland site _ tallied nearly three decades ago
- 11:57 PMDismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America's streets
- 11:10 PM2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests
- 11:04 PMProgressives pledge to keep pushing Biden to expand court
- 11:03 PMPompeo shatters diplomatic norms with political appearances
- 11:00 PMToday in History
- 10:50 PMLawyer: Case of Black inmate set to die reveals racial bias
- 10:46 PMThe Latest: Police use chemical agents on Atlanta protesters
More Suburban News
- GenevaGeneva considering speed-limit reduction on Kaneville Road
- Cook CountyChicago Bar Association releases recommendations for Cook County judicial candidates
- AuroraDistrict 204 launching pilot program to test in-person learning
- Lake CountyLake County state's attorney candidates clash over 'prosecutor accountability plan'
- Lake ZurichOne year after imposing pot sales ban, Lake Zurich board open to revisiting issue
- Lake CountyOpponent blasts Lake County Board incumbent Terry Wilke for 'questionable behavior'
- NewsCutouts of Arlington Heights little leaguers at Guaranteed Rate Field
- Lake CountyLake County sheriff's office warns of impersonator scamming residents
- Cook CountyWatch Patlak, Wendt in feisty Board of Review debate
- PoliticsWatch Mussman, Pappas debate Kegarise, Lewis for Illinois House
- Kane CountyChallenger for Kane County auditor says incumbent Hunt's second job is too distracting
- EducationGlenbrook high schools aim to phase-in hybrid schedule starting Oct. 5
- ElginElgin City Council members spar over racism, table decision on police officers at U-46 schools
- ElginEnvironmentalists pitch plan to remove Kimball Street dam in Elgin
- PoliticsDidech pulls name from list of potential Terry Link replacements