• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars broke into a home between 6 a.m. and 8:15 p.m. June 13 on the 1000 block of South Fernandez, but it was not immediately clear if anything was missing.
• Burglars broke into a home between 11:15 a.m. and 3:40 p.m. June 13 on the 2400 block of North Evergreen and stole various pieces of jewelry and $900 in cash.
• Burglars stole a wallet around 6:45 p.m. June 13 out of a purse in an unlocked 2008 Honda Pilot in a driveway on the 800 block of South Vail. Someone use a credit card in the wallet for $80 at one location and an unknown amount at a second location.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter between May 21 and June 11 from a 2003 Honda Element in an apartment lot on the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road.
• Burglars stole a purse between 1:30 and 1:35 p.m. June 6 out of an unlocked 2008 Toyota Highlander on the 1100 block of West Maude. Offenders took $40 and left the purse in bushes.
• Thieves stole an unlocked mountain bike between 3 and 6 p.m. June 6 parked on the 500 block of South Fernandez. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole a backpack containing a laptop computer and passport between 4 and 5 p.m. June 6 at Arlington Racetrack, 2200 W. Euclid Ave. Value was estimated at $700.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $500 around 5:30 p.m. June 14 at Arlington Racetrack, 2200 W. Euclid Ave.
• A vandal hurled a brick through the front window and at the business sign around 1 a.m. June 17 at Favia Dental, 300 E. Northwest Hwy. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke two windows between 5 p.m. June 17 and 5 a.m. June 18 at the maintenance building in Rolling Green Country Club, 2525 E. Rand Road, and stole loose change valued at $10.
• Burglars stole a wallet and cellphone between 8 and 10 a.m. June 18 out of the trunk of a 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass in a business lot at 320 E. Golf Road. Value was estimated at $510.
• Burglars stole an MP3 player and a set of darts between 5 and 10 p.m. June 18 out of an unlocked 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in a driveway on the 1500 block of Courtland. Value was estimated at $290.
• Jeffrey B. Vance, 43, of the 800 block of West Northwest Hwy., Barrington, was arrested June 11 at 710 W. Northwest Hwy. and charged with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct. His court date is July 15.
• Thieves stole a bicycle June 9 from a bike rack at the Metra depot, 201 Spring St.
• Thieves attempted to steal a generator June 12 from a delivery van at Primo Pizza and Catering, 630 S. Northwest Hwy.
• Burglars entered a home on the 1900 block of Golfview Drive June 18 through a rear patio door and stole a handgun out of a bedroom. Value was estimated at $900.
• Vandals pulled the bark off a tree June 13 in Schoppe Park at Taylor and North Marion avenues. The tree is likely to die, a park district agent said. Damage is estimated at $2,000.
• Vandals broke a bench June 13 in Bartlett Park on the 100 block of Eastern Avenue. Damage was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a girls' purple mountain bike around 11 p.m. June 16 parked in a driveway on the 500 block of Valleyview Drive. Value was estimated at $250
• Thieves stole copper cable valued at $14,213 between June 10 and 13 from a ComEd substation, 1101 E. Seegers Road. The offenders started a forklift in the yard and used it to carry five spools of cable to the south end of the lot. They used the forklift to raise and drop the spools outside the fence and removed the cable from the spools.
• Burglars entered a townhouse between 9 p.m. June 11 and 9:15 a.m. June 12 through an unlocked sliding glass door in the living room and stole a computer tower, laptop computer, tablet and printer. Value was estimated at $8,000.
• Christian Bejna, 22, of the 700 block of East Golf Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 8:12 p.m. June 10 in a lot at 2315 S. Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and unlawful delivery of marijuana.
• Thieves stole a 3.5-foot-tall wooden windmill between 7 p.m. June 15 and 2 p.m. June 16 out of an unfenced backyard on the 600 block of East Greenview Avenue. The windmill was secured by weights and staked down. Value was estimated at $150.
• A man entered a home on the 200 block of South Cumberland Parkway around 5:43 p.m. June 14. The homeowner was sitting in an upstairs bedroom when he heard someone walking up the staircase, stomping his feet as he went up. He appeared in the victim's doorway and said, "Technology is the evil of the world." The victim told him he was not welcome and asked him to leave. The offender mumbled incoherently, walked back down the stairs, out of the home, and left on a dark-color 26-inch bicycle. He was described as a white male, 26 years old, 6-foot-3, 170 pounds, short curly red hair and wearing a T-shirt, and black shorts.
• A female thief approached a woman between 11:30 a.m. and noon June 11 at Jewel-Osco, 1500 S. Lee St., and, standing very close to her, asked her about the sales for the day. When the victim went to the checkout counter she noticed her wallet missing from her purse. Value was estimated at $55.
• Thieve stole $343 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. June 5 out of a home on the 800 block of South Second Avenue. The money was hidden between a loose pile of mail and inside an envelope in a dining room china cabinet.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a 2006 Peterbilt semitractor between June 6 and 9 out of a business lot at 985 Lively Blvd. Value was estimated at $15,000.
• Thieves stole a 2005 Utility semitrailer between 2 p.m. June 6 and 11:30 a.m. June 7 out of a lot at 79 Bond St. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• Gregory Hopson, 43, and Larry D. Wright, 23, both of the 1500 block of North Washtenaw, Chicago, were arrested around 3:10 p.m. June 6 on the 1100 block of Busse Road and charged with theft. Hopson also was charged with possession of a controlled substance. Their court date is July 9.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer valued at $2,000 around 1 a.m. June 7 after the owner left it on a bench outside a hotel at 1600 Oakton St.
• Thieves stole a GT BMX bicycle around 5:30 p.m. June 8 parked in front of a restaurant at 2815 Old Higgins Road. Value was estimated at $750.
• Kevin R. Barone, 23, of the 1300 block of Weathersfield, Schaumburg, was arrested around 6:36 p.m. June 13 at Cloverdale and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana and warrants out of DuPage County and Schaumburg.
• Todd R. Peterman, 36, of the 100 block of Lucille, Bartlett, was arrested around 4:23 p.m. June 12 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft. He was also involved in a two-car accident at the store, police said.
• Thieves stole an unlocked bicycle around 9:20 p.m. June 18 on the 2000 block of Irving Park Road.
• Noami Lynn Rodriguez, 29, of the 100 block of East Northwest Highway, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:24 p.m. June 5 at Walmart in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft after a security agent saw her take children's clothes and shoes. Value was estimated at $76. Her court date is July 21.
• Vandals used gold paint to spray gang graffiti around 4 p.m. May 31 on five condominium buildings, on a Honda CR-V, two parkway trees, a fence, and a Dumpster corral on the 900, 1100, and 1200 blocks of Boxwood Drive, and on the west end of a shopping mall on the 400 block of East Euclid Avenue. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a phone charger and phone purse out of an unlocked 2007 Chevrolet Impala in a driveway on the 800 block of South Edward Street between 5 p.m. June 2 and 7:45 a.m. June 3. Value was estimated at $50. During the same time and on the same block, burglars stole a GPS and Swiss army knife out of a 2009 Toyota Scion parked in a driveway. Value was estimated at $275.
• A man described in his 30s with blond hair stole a pair of speakers from a display around 6 p.m. June 3 at Walmart, Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads. A security agent saw him take the speakers and leave. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and bag between 9:30 p.m. June 12 and 9:30 a.m. June 13 out of a 2004 Ford on the 1500 block of North Oak Street. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $150 between p.m. June 14 and 4 p.m. June 15 out of an unlocked 2009 Honda on the 400 block of North Carter Street.
• Burglars broke into a 2013 Nissan SUV between 9:30 p.m. June 4 and 8:45 a.m. June 5 in a lot on the 1500 block of Cove Drive and stole a purse.
• A vandal shot a BB-gun pellet between 11 p.m. June 8 and 8 a.m. June 9 that put a hole through a second-floor patio glass door on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars stole a phone charger, music player and $20 between 9 p.m. June 8 and 6:30 a.m. June 9 out of a 2005 Hyundai Elantra on the 100 block of South Owen Place. Burglars broke into the same car between 7 p.m. May 30 and 6:30 a.m. May 31 and stole $160 out of a purse.
• Two men left a taxicab around 2:50 a.m. June 11 at Crown Plaza Hotel, 2875 N. Milwaukee Ave., without paying the $101 fare. They mistakenly directed the driver to a location on South River Road, to Kimball and Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago, and to Lee Street in Des Plaines. Finally, a company dispatcher directed the driver to the Prospect Heights location. According to the driver, the men were willing to pay $50 but not the complete fare. They left the cab and entered the hotel when the driver demanded the entire amount.
• Ashley M. Sronkoski, 30, of the 800 block of North Gannon Drive, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 3 p.m. June 7 at Sams Club Pharmacy, 900 S. Barrington Road, and charged with four counts of felony possession of controlled substances and unlawful acquisition of a controlled substance. According to a pharmacist, Sronkoski used a physician's DEA number to obtain Hydrocodone tablets on May 24, May 30, June 2 and June 7. The physician had notified the pharmacy that someone was using his DEA number. He told the pharmacist that Sronkoski was not his patient and, as an emergency room physician, he does not call in prescriptions. According to an officer, Sronkoski admitted she was addicted to the pain medication and had gotten the physician's DEA number from another addict.
• A man stole a pair of headphones valued at $82 around 8:30 p.m. June 7 from Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road.
Burglars stole a DVD player set between 9 p.m. June 11 and 9:30 a.m. June 12 mounted to the back of the passenger's-side and driver's-side headrests in a 2007 Ford Escape on the 800 block of Larsen Avenue. Value was estimated at $60.
• Burglars stole a wallet and loose change between 8 p.m. June 12 and 1:53 a.m. June 13 out of an unlocked 2005 Pontiac G6 at a home on the 100 block of Monarch Drive. Someone tried but failed to use a card in the wallet at an ATM.