• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• An Arlington Heights resident was scammed out of approximately $1,000 April 21 after returning a call on the answering machine. The victim was told that the IRS had found a problem with the victim's tax return and demanded immediate payment or the victim would be subject to arrest. The resident purchased two Green Dot Money Pak cards and provided the offender with the 14 digit serial number.
• Vandals splashed red paint between 10 p.m. April 20 and 11 a.m. April 21 on the rear passenger's-side panel of a 2001 Toyota Camry on the 2300 block of East Olive.
• Vandals smashed the windshield between 5 p.m. April 19 and 7 a.m. April 21 on a Bobcat skid-steer loader on the 900 block of West Campbell Street. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals used white and black paint between April 18 and 21 to spray graffiti on the east and north sides of a building at 800 E. Falcon Drive.
• Burglars entered a home April 15 on the 500 block of West Russell Street.
• Stephen M. McPike, 54, of the 400 block of North County Street, Waukegan, was arrested April 16 on the 200 block of Beverly Road and charged with theft of services. His court date is May 7.
• Lee E. Paulson, 22, of the 8800 block of Roland Drive, Barrington, was arrested April 18 at North Avenue and June Terrace and charged with assault. A court date is May 2.
• Vandals cut down a park district tree between 4:30 p.m. April 18 and 9 a.m. April 22 on the 1800 block of Westridge Boulevard.
• Burglars stole a camera, three camera lenses and at TV around 7 a.m. April 19 out of a home on the 1300 block of Newcastle Lane.
• Burglars stole candy valued at $80 out of one unlocked vehicle and a wallet valued at $64 and headphones out of a second unlocked car around 9 a.m. April 19 in a driveway at a home on the 130 block of Beacon Lane.
• Burglars stole 30 DVDs/CDs, two cellphone chargers, iPod, earpiece for the phone, a high-back booster seat, baseball travel bag with three bats, cleats, two pairs of batting gloves, a red hoodie, baseball helmet and a box of sweaters around 1 p.m. April 19 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 1300 block of Newcastle Lane.
• Vandals poured an unknown substance into four construction vehicles between 7 p.m. April 3 and 7 a.m. April 4 in a lot at 1011 E. Touhy Ave. The vehicles stopped running and the hydraulics stopped working. Loss was estimated at $75,000.
• David J. Tello, 27, of the 5300 block of North Laramie, Chicago, was arrested around 3:44 p.m. April 14 on the 2100 block of East Touhy Avenue and charged with aggravated assault and criminal damage to property. According to the male victim, he stopped at a red light after merging into heavy traffic, and Tello, a passenger in another car, used a crowbar to smash the rear passenger's-side window and taillight, then chased the victim around the car, swinging the crowbar.
• Witnesses saw two men driving an older model Chevrolet Lumina and a newer model Chevrolet Impala enter a lot on the 2000 block of South Pine Street around 10:05 p.m. April 16. The men tried to open an Acura but set off the car alarm. One man hurled a brick that cracked a Dodge minivan's windshield. The driver of the Lumina fired four to five rounds from a small- caliber handgun into the air while leaving the lot.
• Victor M. Garcia, 25, of the 8200 block of West Elizabeth Street, Niles, was arrested around 9:24 a.m. April 14 during a traffic stop on the 800 block of East Touhy Avenue and charged with traffic violations, possession of marijuana and driving while license revoked. His court date is May 22.
• Thieves stole a guitar valued at $1,000 between March 30 and April 9 out of a guest room in a motel at 1322 E. Rand Road.
• Thieves stole a student's cellphone in a red and black phone cover between 9 and 10 a.m. April 9 while he was in gym class at Maine West High School, 1755 S. Wolf Road. Value was estimated at $320.
• A Des Plaines resident was scammed out of $360 between March 29 and April 10 after receiving calls from a woman named "Patty" and man named "Willie Bean." They said she had won a raffle prize and in order to claim it, she needed to wire different sums of money to pay for processing and delivery fees.
• Thieves stole the tailgate from a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck in a business lot at 1031 E. Oakton St. between 4:29 and 4:41 p.m. April 11. Loss was estimated at $800.
• Thieves stole a silver 2003 Acura RSX coupe between 11 p.m. April 10 and 10 a.m. April 11 on te 2200 block of South Ash Street.
• A man's wallet fell from his pants pocket between 1 and 6:40 p.m. April 10 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and a security video shows an unknown offender picking it up. A credit card was used for four transactions. Loss was estimated at $248.
• Thieves stole a clutch purse out of an open-top purse around 1 p.m. April 9 after the victim placed her purse on the floor next to her chair in a restaurant at 2695 Mannheim Road. Value was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between 11 and 11:30 p.m. April 12 after the owner left it on a slot machine in Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road.
• A Des Plaines businessman was scammed out of $505 between March 29 and April 12 after a male caller told the victim that he owed money for a ComEd bill. The victim paid with Green Dot Money Paks.
• Alejandro Ochoa, 22, of the 6800 block of Peach Tree, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:11 p.m. April 23 on the 6700 block of Pine Tree and charged with criminal trespass and resisting a peace officer.
• Thieves stole a 1996 Nissan Altima around 6:45 a.m. April 22 from a driveway on the 7000 block of Edgebrook.
• Burglars forced open a door around 2:40 p.m. at a home on the 2300 block of Poplar and stole cash.
• Vandals damaged wet concrete around noon April 21 poured for bike racks on the 7000, 7100 and 7400 blocks of Astor.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 5:30 p.m. April 17 out of a shopping cart in a store lot at 7435 Barrington Road.
• Andres A. Vigil, 27, of the 500 block of Hill Drive, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 6:26 p.m. April 6 at Alcoa and Woodlawn and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer and possession of drug paraphernalia. Reports said he threatened to punch an officer during processing at the police station. His court date is May 8.
• A teenage boy opened a passenger's-side door around 10:35 a.m. April 16 and climbed into a 2013 Honda Odyssey van while the female owner sat in the van in a lot at Triphan Center, 1685 W. Higgins Road. She jumped out and dialed 911. He got out and walked away.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Nissan Maxima between 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. April 7 in a business lot at 3333 Beverly Road and stole a laptop computer and bag valued at $1,200, an iPad, two checkbooks and two passports.
• Thieves stole $38 and a credit card between 7:10 and 10 a.m. April 13 out of an employee's purse in a maintenance closet at Alder Poplar Creek nursing home, 1545 Barrington Road.
• Thieves stole four tires between 11 a.m. April 9 and 7 a.m. April 10 from a 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 in a lot at the Mercedes-Benz dealership, 1000 W. Golf Road.
• Thieves stole a wallet between 4:40 and 5 p.m. April 6 out of a customer's purse in a shopping cart at Mariano's Fresh Market, 2575 W. Golf Road. Value was estimated at $55.
• A man stole 13 razors and 24 razor blades around 5:55 p.mm. April 13 from Walgreens, 1550 W. Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $600.
• Burglars forced open the front door between 6:20 and 8:55 p.m. April 10 at a home on the 1700 block of Chippendale Road, ransacked dressers in the bedrooms and stole two $2 bills and an external computer hard drive.
• Two men stole a new video game console still in its box after they contacted a couple selling it on Craigslist. The couple agreed to meet the buyers at Jamestown Circle and Abbey Wood Drive around 2 p.m. April 12, and the two men took the box and fled. Value was estimated at $500.
• Vandals punctured both rear tires twice, once on April 2 and a second time on April 11, on a 2014 Dodge Durango on the 900 block of Charleston Lane.
• Thieves stole a silver 2010 Nissan Rogue between 4:08 and 4:25 p.m. April 8 after the driver left it unlocked with the key in the ignition outside a store at 1000 N. Roselle Road.
•A woman is suspected of stealing a credit card around 1:45 p.m. April 12 at Michael's Crafts, 2600 N. Sutton Road. The victim said the woman reached over her shopping cart, containing her purse, in order to reach something on a shelf. The victim did not notice the theft but received a phone call from her credit card company on April 13 telling her that someone used the card at Target, 2800 N. Sutton Road, for $1,223.
• Scott M. Raus, 47, of the 300 block of North Elm Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. April 18 and charged with criminal trespass. Reports said a man driving into his detached garage on the 300 block of North Elm Street saw Raus standing in the garage and held him until an officer arrived. A court date is May 22.
• Antoine Migal Morris, 49, of the 1500 block of Prescott Drive, Volo, was arrested around 2:35 p.m. April 12 on the 2200 block of West Schaumburg Road after a two-vehicle accident and charged with battery. According to the other driver, Morris punched him in the face. A court date is May 9.
• Patricia Jones, 44, of the 300 block of Cedar Tree Court, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 9 a.m. March 5 at Bode Babies day care center, 936 Bode Road, and charged with battery. She punched a female co-worker in the face several times during an argument, the victim said. A court date is May 15.
• Nicole C. Malanowski, 21, of the 300 block of Neville Drive, Grayslake, was arrested around 2 a.m. April 13 at the Holiday Inn, 1550 N. Roselle Road, and charged with battery after a female friend said Malanowski knocked her down in their hotel room and punched her. Her court date is May 20.
• Burglars reached through an open passenger's-side window between 6 and 6:30 p.m. April 12 and stole a wallet out of the center console in a 1997 Lexus at Kiddie Corner Park, 1560 Mckool Ave. Value was estimated at $25.
Thieves stole a cellphone between 7 and 7:30 p.m. April 14 at Streamwood Bowling Lanes, 1232 E. Irving Park Road, after an employee left it on the bar counter.
Burglars pried doors April 18 at Streamwood Bowl, 1232 E. Irving Park Road, and stole four bottles of liquor. Someone also stole one bottle of liquor a week earlier, reports added.
• Burglars stole a tote bag containing clothes, shoes and a designer watch valued at $5,000 between 6 and 10 p.m. April 4 but reported April 18 out of a home under foreclosure on the 0-100 block of Graystone Court.