For over 25 years, the Palatine Park District has been offering top rated dance instruction with the most affordable prices. Training students from ages 5 through adult, the Palatine Dance Program continues to turn out some of the most well rounded dancers with experience in ballet, jazz, tap, modern, lyrical, contemporary, pointe and hip hop.
This was especially evident as the Palatine Dance Company competed at the Wilmette Stars of Dance Competition held on February 1, 2014. A variety of soloists, duos, trios and groups performed at the competition, and many of the dancers brought home awards. According to Julie Nichols, Dance Director and Company Manager, "We are so super proud of the girls. They had a ton of fun and did a great job."
Contact information ( * required )
• Carlee Svec ~ High Gold for "Settle Down" Choreographed by Katherine Siegle
• Julia Cai ~ High Gold for "Insomniac's Lullaby" Choreographed by Julie Nichols
• Lindsay Gobert ~ High Gold for "Never Let Me Go" Choreographed by Leah Kaplan
• Sarah Juskiewicz and Leah Daly ~ High Gold for "Welcome to the 60s" Choreographed by Katherine Siegle
• Olivia Canania and Natalia Medina ~ High Gold for "How to Save a Life" Choreographed by Heather Burnes
• Hadyn Hermanson and Hanna Walker ~ High Gold and Third Place Overall for Duo/Trio ages 10-11 for "Razzle Dazzle" Choreographed by Julie Nichols
• Abby Svec, Gina Barto, and Maya Poyraz ~ High Gold and Second Place Overall for Duo/Trio ages 10-11 for "It's All About the Benjamins Baby" Choreographed by Stephanie Warner
• Sydnie Heuer-Rodriguez, Peri Kasanders and Gwen Jones ~ High Gold and First Place Overall for Duo/Trio ages 12-13 for "Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries" Choreographed by Becky Lugovsky
• Company 1 ~ High Gold for "Workout" Choreographed by Katherine Siegle
• Company 2 ~ High Gold for "Sk8er Boi" Choreographed by Katherine Siegle
• Company 3 ~ High Gold and Third Overall High Score for Groups ages 12-13 for "What Is This Feeling" Choreographed by Heather Burnes
• Company 4 ~ High Gold and Best Rhythm for "Can't Hold Us" Choreographed by Katherine Siegle
• Company 5 ~ High Gold and Most Funk for "We Run the World" Choreographed by Katherine Siegle
• Company 4 and Company 5 ~ High Gold and Fifth Overall High Score for Groups age 12-13 for "Jet Set" Choreographed by Julie Nichols
The Palatine Dance Program offers two major performances each year: The Nutcracker All Jazz'd Up in December and the annual spring recital scheduled for May 27 to May 31, 2014 at Harper College Performing Arts Center. Classes and camps are also held through the year.
Auditions for the 2014-2015 Company season will be held on Sunday, April 13 in Room 2C at the Palatine Park District Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street, Palatine. Dance Company and Company Prep are offered for ages 8 and higher, while Petite Performers is offered for ages 5 to 7. The audition workshop consists of learning a combination in tap, jazz and ballet, and performing in small groups. No individual choreography is required. To secure an audition, download and complete the Palatine Dance Application form found online at www.palatineparks.org and return to the Community Center, 250 E. Wood Street, Attention Julie Nichols, no later than April 5, 2014. Your audition will be confirmed via email.
For more information, contact Carol Lange, Cultural Arts Coordinator, at 847-496-6237 or email@example.com, contact Julie Nichols, Dance Director and Company Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://palatinedance.wix.com/palatinedance.
The mission of Palatine Park District is to provide a variety of safe, enjoyable and affordable parks and recreation facilities and activities that will enhance the quality of life by promoting good health and well-being for all residents and visitors of the Palatine Park District.