• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti between 5 p.m. Feb. 28 and 9 a.m. March 1 on a Dumpster behind Suevel Studios, 870 S. Arthur Ave.
• Burglars broke a front door window between 10:20 p.m. March 1 and 8:45 a.m. March 2 at Dollar Tree, 89 W. Golf Road, ransacked an office, broke into a safe, removed cash register drawers and stole over $800.
• Thieves broke a lock between noon and 2:30 p.m. March 2 on a men's locker at X-Sport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, and stole a bag, coat, watch, wallet, and cash. Loss was estimated at $900.
• Burglars tried but failed to break open the front door around 10 p.m. Feb. 23 at a home on the 2600 block of North Stratford Drive.
• Vandals damaged a storage unit door between noon Feb. 22 and 5:15 p.m. Feb. 26 on the second floor of a complex on the 800 block of South Dwyer.
• A male wearing a hooded sweatshirt stole a 2007 Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck with keys in the ignition around 9 p.m. Feb. 25 on the 600 block of West Central Road.
•Vandals used a black permanent marker between 9 p.m. Feb. 22 and noon Feb. 23 to write graffiti on a steel storage unit in an alley behind the Hallmark store, 9 W. Rand Road.
• A resident on the 600 block of San Diego Place woke around 9:18 a.m. Feb. 24 to the sound of glass breaking. She went downstairs and saw a man in his 20s standing in her hallway. He fled when he saw her.
• Everett G. Bell, 62, of the 300 block of South Homan, Chicago, was arrested around 7:55 p.m. Feb. 16 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with felony theft. Reports said a security agent saw him pick up a wallet that had fallen out of a woman's purse and remove the cash.
• Thomas J. Warner, 31, of the 1000 block of Cove Drive, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 3:10 a.m. Feb. 16 outside a tavern at 864 Rand Road and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said he kicked and dented the rear passenger's-side door on a taxi after following a patron out of a bar and into the waiting taxi after the two had a verbal altercation. Warner's court date is March 5.
• A man was seen taking a wallet around 12:05 p.m. Feb. 19 out of a customer's purse hanging on a chair in a restaurant at 2695 Mannheim Road. The offender used credit cards in the wallet to make purchases valued at $3,596 at a Target in Rosemont.
• Two women stole $1,200 between 5 and 5:57 a.m. Feb. 18 from the victim's pants pocket after he invited them to his home on the 1900 block of South Pine Street.
• Burglars used pliers between 6 p.m. Feb. 14 and 12:50 a.m. Feb. 15 to turn the lock cylinder on a rear patio door at a home on the 1900 block of East Stockton Avenue. The offenders stole rings, necklaces and bracelets out of the master bedroom. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• Alexander N. Hernandez, 20, of the 700 block of East Polynesian Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 5:11 p.m. Feb. 13 in a parking lot on the 800 block of East Rand Road and charged with manufacture/delivery of marijuana, possession of marijuana (10-30 grams), and resisting a peace officer. Hernandez reportedly sold 14 grams of marijuana to an officer and tried to flee when told he was under arrest.
• Kevin M. Boudart, 20, of the 1300 block of Dogwood Lane, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9:50 p.m. Feb. 17 during a traffic stop on the 600 block of South Graceland Avenue and charged with minor consumption of alcohol-zero tolerance, possession of marijuana and unlawful use of an ID card His court date is March 31.
• Thieves stole a 24-foot ladder between 5 p.m. Feb. 13 and 8 a.m. Feb. 14 from a Chevrolet truck in a lot on the 1000 block of East North Avenue. Value was estimated at $300.
• Vandals put scratches between 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13 and 9 a.m. Feb. 14 on all sides of a vehicle on the 1700 block of Orchard Street. Damage was estimated at $3,500.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 10 p.m. Feb. 16 and 11 a.m. Feb. 17 out of an unlocked Jeep in a driveway on the 1800 block of Orchard Street. Value was estimated at $37.
• Thieves stole a wallet containing $600 between 5:30 and 5:40 p.m. Feb. 16 out of a customer's shopping cart in a business at 101 W. Oakton St.
• Burglars broke the front door window between Feb. 14 and 16 at a home on the 1000 block of South Alfini Drive and rifled through a bedroom closet, but nothing appeared to be missing. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Burglars ransacked the glove box between 10 p.m. Feb. 19 and 6:54 a.m. Feb. 20 in several vehicles on the 1000 and 1100 blocks of Rose Avenue and 800 block of Greenview Avenue. Nothing appeared to be missing.
Elk Grove Village
• A driver stole a load of scrap metal around 2 p.m. Feb. 13 from J&J Metal Processing, 950 Greenleaf Ave. The offender showed paperwork and drove away with the load. Later that day, the actual company driver arrived. Value was estimated at $6,500.
• Thieves stole a pair of 14-karat yellow gold diamond earrings valued at $4,800 between Dec 1 and Feb. 14 out of a jewelry box in a bedroom at an apartment on the 200 block of University Lane. Several individuals have been in the apartment including a cleaning crew, maintenance, and a dog sitter.
• Thieves stole the door from a Bobcat between Feb. 10 and 15 in a lot on the 1400 block of Circle Court. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars broke into a trailer around 6:30 p.m. Feb. 15 at Avenger Engineering, 2260 Elmhurst Road, and stole a bag of tools. Loss was estimated at $1,210.
• Burglars forced open a door around 9 a.m. Feb. 16 at Hogan Construction, 2420 Delta Lane, and stole several large construction tools out of the warehouse and a computer out of the front office. Value was estimated at $9,000.
• Burglars broke into a storage trailer between Feb 14 and 17 at Higgins Transmission, 420 E. Higgins Road, and stole 15 transmission cords. Value was estimated at $7,500.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $700 between 5:15 and 7 p.m. Feb. 13 after the female owner left it in a business bathroom at 1120 W. Devon Ave.
• Jonathan F. Klein, 19, of the 300 block of South Walnut Street, Blue Springs, Neb., was arrested around 7 p.m. Feb. 13 on the 800 block of Arlington Heights Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Waldemar Kubiak, 43, of the 500 block of Gloucester Drive, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 1 p.m. Feb. 15 on the 500 block of East Devon Avenue and charged with damage to property. His court date is March 19.
• Bojan Ilic, 43, of the 8400 block of West Oak Avenue, Niles, was arrested around 7:26 p.m. Feb. 15 on the 1000 block of Wellington Avenue and charged with disorderly conduct. His court date is March 12.
• Francisco J. Ocana Alcantara, 22, of the 2800 block of West Nelson Street, Chicago, was arrested around 2:05 a.m. Feb. 18 at Landmeier Road east of Busse Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is March 12.
• Preston J. Thomas, 18, of the 2200 block of Wildwood, Hanover Park, was arrested during a traffic stop at Port and Windward and charged with obstructing identification and resisting an officer.
• Jorge Montano-Sanchez, 33, of the 7400 block of Jensen, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:55 p.m. Feb. 23 at Barrington and Sycamore and charged with possession of a controlled substance and driving with license revoked.
• Raymond E. Gonka, 56, of the 700 block of Roosevelt, Hanover Park, was arrested around 4:48 p.m. Feb. 22 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Randal Cherry, 54, of the 1400 block of Ash, Carol Stream, was arrested around 10:47 p.m. Feb. 22 at County Farm and Sunset and charged with possession of a controlled substance, obstructing identification and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Prabu V. Gopalakrishnan, 33, of the 1300 block of Branden Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 2:37 a.m. Feb. 22 at Greenbrook and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana and DUI.
• Jonathan Moreno, 21, of the 700 block of Suffolk, Streamwood, and Paul I. Cardenas-Reyes, 26, of the 7300 block of Gladiola, Hanover Park, were arrested around 6:34 p.m. Feb. 21 at Barrington and Irving Park roads. Moreno was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia; Cardenas-Reyes was charged with possession of open alcohol by a passenger.
• Thieves stole a wallet around 10 a.m. Feb. 20 at Tony's Finer Foods, 7438 Barrington Road.
• Vandals sprayed graffiti between 6 p.m. Feb. 15 and 10:30 a.m. Feb. 16 on an exterior wall and front exterior brick pillar at an apartment building on the 1700 block of Chariot Court. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole the spare tire from six 2014 trucks between 8 p.m. Feb. 13 and 6 a.m. Feb. 14 at Enterprise Leasing, 400 W. Dempster St. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars stole the in-dash radio/CD player out of a 2002 Hyundai sedan and stole a Starbucks Gold Card, two CDs and a pair of boots out of a 2010 Mazda hatchback between 6 p.m. Feb. 11 and 7:15 a.m. Feb. 12 in a lot on the 1200 block of East Wyndham Drive. During the same time and in the same block, burglars ransacked two unlocked vehicles but nothing appeared to be missing.
•Two burglars broke into a 2009 Cadillac sedan around 2:30 a.m. Feb. 12 in a driveway on the 1300 block of North Whispering Springs Court and stole a brown briefcase valued at $300 and a GPS unit.
• Vandals sprayed graffiti on an apartment building on the 800 block of Piper Lane on an unknown date and reported Feb. 13.
• Thieves stole a purse between 8:30 and 9:10 p.m. Feb. 14 after the owner left it on a restaurant table at the Hilton Hotel, 2855 N. Milwaukee Ave. The purse was turned in but a bank card and keys were missing.
• Vandals sprayed gang graffiti between 11 p.m. Feb. 14 and 6 a.m. Feb. 15 on a 2005 Ford van, Chevrolet van, on a third vehicle and on a Dumpster on the 1500 block of Quaker Lane.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between Feb. 11 and 15 delivered on Feb. 11 by FedEx to an apartment on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road. The package was left outside the apartment door.
• Vandals sprayed gang graffiti around 2 p.m. Feb. 15 on a Red's Towing sign on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road.
• Vandals sprayed graffiti between midnight and 11:40 p.m. Feb. 16 on the side of an apartment building on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road.
• Nicholas M. Neitzel, 23, of the 1200 block of Olde Farm Road, Schaumburg, was arrested around 5:35 p.m. Feb. 1 at Meijer, 1301 Meijer Drive, and charged with retail theft and resisting arrest. Reports said a security agent saw him take merchandise and leave without paying. An officer saw him running through the office complex lot at 1701 Golf Road and caught him. His court date is March 20.
• A woman stole a wallet and cellphone Feb. 1 out of a customer's purse hanging on a chair in Starbucks, 1414 Golf Road. A witness alerted the victim, who chased the thief and her companion. They entered a red SUV driven by a male accomplice, but the victim stood in front of the vehicle and demanded her wallet and cellphone back. Finally, the offender returned them but kept a change purse valued at $25 and $50 in cash.
• Thieves stole a 22-inch steel exhaust fan between 10:10 p.m. Jan. 29 and 10 a.m. Jan. 30 from the roof at Chop Steak, 1930 Central Road. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves stole bags of snow/ice melt between 10 p.m. Jan. 30 and 8 a.m. Jan. 31 stacked on three pallets in a parking lot at 1460 Golf Road. The victim is the contractor who plows and salts the lot. Value was estimated at $1,350.
• Rachel N. Bell, 23, of the 500 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, Waukegan, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. Feb. 15 at Sears in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take a speaker. Her court date is March 24.
• Stephen Thomas, 28, of the 8300 block of Parkside, Morton Grove, and Anwar A. Abro, 21, of the 7400 block of Birch Street, Crystal Lake, were arrested around 3:40 p.m. Feb. 19 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw them place a 55-inch TV, comforter, and three pairs of underwear, value estimated at $850, in a shopping cart and attempt to leave without paying.
• Vicki L. Crombleholme, 51, of the 1000 block of Mak Street, South Elgin, was arrested around 10:55 a.m. Feb. 15 at CVS Pharmacy, 680 S. Sutton Road, and charged with village ordinance sale of tobacco products to a minor. An individual, under the legal age to purchase cigarettes and working with the police department, was able to purchase a package of cigarettes from Crombleholme, reports said.
• Burglars pried a kitchen window between 8 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Feb. 14 at a home on the 0-100 block of Dato Drive and stole a laptop computer valued at $544, a jar of coins, a piggy bank and an e-reader.
• Giovanny Rios, 19, of the 0-100 block of Ash Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 2:47 a.m. Feb. 17 at South Park Avenue and Parkside Circle and charged with village ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is March 4.
• Brian J. Donnelly, 32, of the 34400 block of North Saddle Lane, Gurnee, was arrested around 2:45 p.m. Feb. 14 during a traffic stop at Ridge Circle and East Schaumburg Road and charged with village ordinance possession of marijuana.
• A man and woman stole four bottles of vodka valued at $68 around 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road. They left in a red minivan.