Mainstreet Organization of Realtors announces new president and board of directors
On Sept. 12, the Mainstreet Organization of Realtors announced Tim Ryan as its president for 2023-24.
Ryan is a Realtor of more than 20 years. He co-founded Real People Realty, Inc., where he managed more than 600 brokers and today, he oversees a family-owned real estate portfolio valued in the millions, which contains rental properties acquired over nearly two decades.
During his time as president, Ryan hopes to focus on galvanizing Mainstreet members to continue building community, welcoming diversity and helping everyone achieve the American Dream of homeownership.
"Mainstreet will continue to be the beacon for leadership, homeownership, diversity, advocacy and professionalism for our Realtor members and all communities everywhere," said Ryan during his installation speech.
Ryan is also credited with commissioning the official Realtor pride lapel pin to show the public that Realtors provide a safe place and protect peoples' rights when it comes to real estate and beyond.
Prior to beginning his term as president at Mainstreet, he served as treasurer of the board of directors as well as on the Governmental Affairs Committee and the Realtor Education Advisory Committee. For the Illinois Realtors, Ryan was the RPAC Ambassador and RPAC Trustee and served on various committees in the areas of public policy and government affairs.
"Living in the Chicagoland area all of my life, I have seen small policies and seemingly insignificant ordinances make a huge impact on homeowners and the real estate industry. Having heard the call, I became an advocate for Realtor involvement in government affairs," Ryan said.
Ryan will be taking over for Debbie Pawlowicz, immediate past president of Mainstreet and the managing broker and owner of DPG Real Estate in Lisle.
"I know Mainstreet will be in great hands with the leadership of my friend and colleague, Tim Ryan," Pawlowicz said. "I am certain he will accomplish big things in his role, continuing to position Mainstreet and our member Realtors as leaders and advocates within our local communities, the state and the country. I can't wait to see what he can accomplish."
In addition to installing Ryan as its next president, Mainstreet welcomed the following board members, who will serve the organization over the next year:
• Connie Vavra, President Elect, Crosstown Realtors Inc., Homer Glen
• Kinga Korpacz, Treasurer, Exit Realty Redefined, Rolling Meadows
• Debbie Pawlowicz, Past President, DPG RE Corp., Lisle
• Sheena Baker, Keller Williams Innovate, Aurora
• Dave Carlin, Carlin Realty, Naperville
• Davide Ferrel Jr., Su Familia Real Estate, Bolingbrook
• Karen Kramford, Century 21 Circle, Naperville
• Harriet Kubicz, HomeSmart Realty Group, Orland Park
• Carrie Little, CarMarc Realty Group, Warrenville
• Shirin Marvi, Shirin Marvi Real Estate, Lemont
• Brian Palm, Palm Real Estate Ventures Inc., Naperville
• Annette Akey Panzek, Annette C Panzek LTD, Carol Stream
• Greg Phillips, Baird & Warner, Arlington Heights
• Debbie Prodehl, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, Shorewood
• Michelle Shang, Coldwell Banker Realty, Hinsdale
• Jennifer Sjoblom, Baird & Warner, Frankfort
• Tigi Tasso, john greene, Realtor, Naperville
"Tim is passionate and devoted to his business, his clients, his family and to the Mainstreet Organization of Realtors, and we are so lucky to call him our next President," said Mainstreet CEO John Gormley. "Together, with our board of directors and the Mainstreet staff, I know we will level up what we do for our 20,000 members and the people and communities they serve."