West Chicago Dist. 94 students place in 2022 Upstate Eight Conference Art Show
Six West Chicago Community High School artists received awards in the annual Upstate Eight Conference Art Show in March.
All 10 high schools in the conference (Bartlett, East Aurora, Larkin, Fenton, Glenbard East, Glenbard South, Elgin, South Elgin, Streamwood and West Chicago) were eligible to submit up to 10 works in nine different categories including drawing, painting, mixed media/printmaking, digital illustration, photography, digital photography, ceramics, sculpture and jewelry, and digital art and graphic design.
Awards were given for first- to third-place in each category along with honorable mentions. Due to continued COVID concerns, the show was virtual this year.
Of the 10 works of art submitted, six West Chicago High School students received awards:
• Junior AnnaBelle Beaird of West Chicago, first place, painting;
• Junior Isabella Wiehle of Carol Stream, first place, drawing;
• Junior Leslie Munoz of West Chicago, second place, ceramics;
• Sophomore MaryJo Turek of Winfield, third place, ceramics;
• Senior Jocelyn Arevalo of West Chicago, honorable mention, ceramics;
• Senior Sydney Unger of West Chicago, honorable mention, drawing.
Other student artists selected to participate include senior Rebecca Alison of West Chicago, digital photography; junior Melissa Casimiro of West Chicago, painting; junior Andy Garcia of West Chicago, digital photography; and freshman Angelina Garcia of Carol Stream, mixed media.
The 2022 Upstate Eight Art Show is available to view online at bit.ly/3hGx8eC.
Community High School District 94 serves approximately 2,100 students in ninth to 12th grade at West Chicago Community High School. The district serves the communities of Carol Stream, Warrenville, West Chicago, Wheaton and Winfield.