Jun 27 2016 | 6:51 pm
- New Schaumburg regulations already ensure that a large, luxurious backyard treehouse village officials learned about last year is the last of its kind. Now the village board is set to impose an 8 percent hotel tax on overnight stays there.
Jun 23 2016 | 5:29 pm
- Palatine Park District residents could be just two years away from a long-sought indoor pool through a pending agreement between the district and Harper College. Harper trustees Wednesday voted 6-1 to approve their half of an agreement with the park...
Jun 23 2016 | 5:26 pm
- A Buffalo Grove physician is among 301 people charged in connection with a nationwide health care fraud sweep disclosed this week, the largest such action in U.S. history, authorities say.
Jun 21 2016 | 11:22 am
- Hoffman Estates police officers will receive a 1 percent pay hike retroactive to Jan. 1 and another 1 percent raise July 1, under a new three-year contract approved by village trustees Monday.
Jun 21 2016 | 5:57 am
- Hoffman Estates village board members voted 5-2 Monday to pay a consultant $28,500 to work with them on the consideration of a $21 million property tax reimbursement for a developer — as long as the developer pays for the consultant's contract.
Jun 21 2016 | 6:46 pm
- Fresh off its $13.9 million facelift in 2015, Schaumburg's Woodfield Mall will soon have a new general manager in Kurt Webb, a six-year employee of parent company Simon Property Group. He replaces David Gott, who oversaw last year's Woodfield...
Jun 20 2016 | 4:54 pm
- Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54 Superintendent Andy DuRoss will receive a 10 percent raise next school year after the accomplishments of the past two years redeemed him from the shadow of drunken driving charges in the winter of 2014,...
Jun 17 2016 | 10:54 pm
- While any commitment to increase the number of milkweed plants in the environment is likely to help the monarch butterfly, following these tips from the University of Kansas-based Monarch Watch to create a certified monarch waystation provides a...
Jun 18 2016 | 7:21 am
- A teacher from Schaumburg and the Schaumburg Park District are leading efforts to reverse a steady decline in the number of monarch butterflies in the suburbs and elsewhere. And you can help, simply by adding one plant to your backyard garden.
Jun 17 2016 | 10:02 pm
- After nearly six months of gathering public input, the co-chairs of Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211’s community engagement facilitating team Thursday shared a summary of their findings with the school board. The data they...