Jul 26 2016 | 12:11 pm
- Debby Miller, who served as one of the guiding trustees of the Schaumburg Township District Library for more than four decades, died Saturday at the age of 78. “She was a strong advocate for libraries not only in Schaumburg Township, but...
Jul 26 2016 | 5:29 pm
- An approximately $7 million upgrade allowed a redevelopment partnership to sell the 300-unit Woodbury Place apartment complex in Schaumburg for $43.2 million this month after buying it for only $19.2 million in 2012.
Jul 26 2016 | 12:39 pm
- The world’s largest replica Viking ship — the Draken Harald Hårfagre — arrives at Navy Pier on Wednesday for the Pepsi Tall Ships Chicago 2016. Suburban residents working to preserve a similar vessel that traveled from...
Jul 25 2016 | 5:10 pm
- With a transfer of $2 million from existing reserves to fund ongoing debt payments, Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 officials are again aiming to avoid an increase of their annual tax levy on property owners.
Jul 23 2016 | 8:42 am
- Though Motorola Solutions is moving its global headquarters from Schaumburg to Chicago, a redevelopment agreement for a portion of its former campus is being negotiated that would retain 1,600 of the telecommunication company’s employees.
Jul 22 2016 | 11:05 am
- A new Hoffman Estates law requiring pet shops to disclose the breeding history of their animals has removed the village’s Petland store as the last under the jurisdiction of a Cook County regulation that applied different tactics to the...
Jul 21 2016 | 6:05 pm
- Family members and longtime friends are mourning the death this week of Maggie Atcher — the widow of Schaumburg's influential second mayor Bob Atcher — at the age of 88. Maggie made her own mark on Schaumburg through her support for the...
Jul 21 2016 | 9:43 am
- Tips on keeping family members and pets safe through the coming heat wave have been abundant, but outdoor plants and trees need special attention weathering such high temperatures as well.
Jul 20 2016 | 5:45 am
- Ten years after Schaumburg’s Renaissance Hotel and convention center opened their doors, village officials are revisiting the feasibility of building a performing arts center next door — and examining whether a recent jump in the number...
Jul 19 2016 | 4:54 pm
- The crew of the Viking ship replica Draken Harald Hårfagre from Norway — temporarily stuck in Bay City, Michigan by the need for a U.S.-required navigational pilot — will set sail for Chicago’s Tall Ships exhibition at Navy...