Naperville Community Television welcomes six new board members
Naperville Community Television, Channel 17 (NCTV17), is excited to welcome six new members to its board of directors: Sandy Benson, Sachin Gandhi, Kristen Jungles, Leah Margulies, Derek McDaniel and John Risvold.
In joining the board, these individuals bring not only extensive knowledge and expertise, but also a deep commitment to the advancement of NCTV17's mission.
• Sandy Benson is retired after 25 years as the community and government relations director at Edward Hospital. She is the past board president of the Naperville Public Library and is currently serving as the president of the Executive Council of Naperville 203's HURRAH (Happy Upbeat Retirees and other Residents Actively Helping). Benson has one son and her granddaughter is currently attending Highlands Elementary School. She has been a resident of Naperville since 1975.
• Sachin Gandhi is the managing director at BG Advisors CPA, Ltd. He serves on the Next Gen Board at the DuPage Children's Museum and is actively involved at the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce. Gandhi has been a Naperville resident for seven years and has two children, Diya and Sanya, who are both students at Ellsworth Elementary School.
• Kristen Jungles is a relator at Jungles Realty Group at Keller Williams Naperville. She is an army veteran, is actively involved with the VFW Auxiliary, and is also a member of the American Legion. The 28-year Naperville resident and her husband, Kevin, raised two boys, Brett and Trevor. Both boys attended Naperville Unit District 203 schools from kindergarten through eighth grade and graduated from Saint Francis High School in Wheaton. Brett and Trevor are the fourth generation of Jungles to grow up in Naperville.
• Leah Margulies is currently self-employed as a communications consultant. She serves as a volunteer at the DuPage Children's Museum and the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Edward Hospital. Margulies has three children, twins who are currently attending school in Naperville Unit District 203, and a baby at home. She grew up in Naperville and moved back after having children. Combined, Margulies has lived in Naperville for more than 20 years.
• Derek McDaniel is a financial advisor who works in wealth management at Merrill Lynch. He has three children who are all elementary school students in District 203, Tallua and twins Hudson and Reeve. McDaniel has been a Naperville resident since 1985.
• John Risvold is an attorney at the Collins Law Firm P.C. He is a trial lawyer for the seriously injured and a member of the Illinois Trial Layers Association, the American Association for Justice, the Chicago Bar Association, and the DuPage County Bar Association. He is married to a lif-long Napervillian and has two small children. Risvold has lived in Naperville for four years.
In announcing the appointment, NCTV17 Board President Michele Clemen stated, "I am excited to have such a dynamic group of community leaders join the NCTV17 board of directors. Each offers a unique skill set and brings a passion for service to our community. We look forward to their help in guiding Naperville's nonprofit television station forward into this next decade and beyond."
Naperville Community Television Station, Channel 17, is dedicated to telling local stories on TV and online. All programming can be viewed on Channel 17 in Naperville or online at NCTV17.com. The station is located at 127 Ambassador Drive, Suite 103 in Naperville.