Dr Rubin's Mini Podiatric Medical School at AMITA Adventist Bolingbrook
My oldest son, Jason Rubin is a podiatrist and attended Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Miami Shores, Fl. While he was there, I created a Mini Podiatric Medical School Program for the school. Now that he is back home in Chicagoland, he and I want to share this program with our community. Mini Podiatry is a 4 hour program to raise awareness of the field of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery for students interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. The program is designed for college and high school students. It consists of lectures and hands on experiences. Though this program, students will get a lot of information, experiences and hopefully consider a career in podiatry. Any student interested in healthcare will benefit from this knowledge and experience.
Students will experience the following:
1. Medicine: Measure vital signs, measure your temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure.
2. Podiatric Exam: Learn the basics of a foot exam: check pulses and nerves and bones.
3: Radiology: Learn about radiology and review several cases.
4. Anesthesia: Learn how to make IM and SQ Injections, learn about nerve blocks
5. Orthopedics: Learn how to make an ankle plaster cast
6. Biomechanics: Learn how to make a foot mold for making shoe inserts
7. Surgery: Learn how to treat and remove an ingrown toenail
8. Surgery: Learn how to tie square and surgeon's knots
9. Surgery: Learn how to repair a laceration or close a wound
10. Surgery: Learn about minimally invasive surgery techniques: arthroscopy
Dr Rubin runs the program as a community service to encourage students to consider a career in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. There is a nominal program fee of $30 to cover the program expenses which includes all medical supplies, snacks and a program certificate.
Space is limited to 40 students. No essay, no recommendation, no counselor, only a simple online form to complete.
If you want to attend, apply though this online form:
or go to www.minimedicalschool.com