The Dundee Township Rotary Club is sponsoring a special "Thanks Giving Back" raffle to support community efforts and local high school scholarships.
The club will start marketing the event all over the community up until Oct. 8, when the winning tickets will be drawn. Members will be selling the $20 tickets Saturday, Sept. 7, and Sunday, Sept. 8, at the Walgreens in West Dundee, corner of routes 31 and 72.
Contact information ( * required )
The club's goal is to raise $10,000, and members are only selling 500 tickets.
Here are some of the prizes being raffled off:
• United Center box suite for Chicago Bulls game; includes up to 14 guests and four parking passes.
• Fishing for two at Max McGraw Wildlife in East Dundee, an excursion that includes lunch.
• Dundee Township Fitness Center, one-year membership for one person.
• A spa day at Spa Bleu in West Dundee.
• One round of golf for four persons and two golf carts at Randall Oaks Golf Course.
• Four tickets to the Elgin Symphony Orchestra holiday concert.
• Gift card baskets valued at $1,000, $500, and $250.
The club has been around for 33 years and is comprised of 34 members. To purchase raffle tickets, to donate a raffle prize or for more information, call Mary Stanley at (847) 980-8083.
Fall art show: The Dundee Township Park District is holding its Fall Art Show from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, and Sunday, Sept. 8, in the senior center wing at the Rakow Center, 665 Barrington Ave., Carpentersville.
More than 100 paintings will be on display from area artists and the mediums include watercolor, oil and colored pencil paintings. The artists will also be on hand for visitors to meet and discuss their works. The event is free and refreshments will be served.
As well, a raffle will be held for a painting. Its proceeds will go to the Dundee Township Park District Senior Center.
Learn about antiques: The Huntley Historical Society will hold a free program meant for collectors and people interested in farming history.
The program will be at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, in the Willow Room of the Huntley Park District's Cosman Center, 12015 Mill St.
Cris Johnson, owner of The Laughing Cat Antiques Store in Genoa, is presenting the program. She will bring two unique weather vanes and talk about their history, as well as present a "show and tell" about other interesting artifacts and antiques in her store and from her personal collection.
For information, call Ronda at (224) 654-2070 or email email@example.com.
• Lenore Adkins covers Algonquin, Huntley, Carpentersville, the Dundees, Hampshire, Sleepy Hollow, Cary and Fox River Grove. To reach her, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 608-2725.