• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke three padlocks on a steel storage unit at a future Lexus dealership construction site, 1510 W. Dundee Road, between 4 p.m. July 15 and 6:55 a.m. July 18; they stole copper wiring valued over $20,000 from the storage unit and from a locked computer room in the building. They broke a lock on the computer room door, cut padlocks to a gang box and removed copper wiring and tools.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 2004 Lexus RX330 in a Metra lot, 2121 W. Northwest Hwy., between 7 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. July 15. Value was estimated at $2,075.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and in-dash radio out of a 2007 Toyota Matrix in a store lot on the 900 block of W. Algonquin Road between 6 and 6:21 p.m. July 19. Value was estimated at $405.
• Thieves stole an iPod valued at $400 attached to an automated piano at Heavenly Pianos, 214 E. Golf Road, July 19. The piano keys automatically play along with the iPod.
• Anthony J. Carollo, 39, of the 2300 block of Trailside Lane, Barrington, was arrested July 9 at Spring and Station streets and charged with traffic violations, driving under the influence and possession and use of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is July 27.
• Burglars stole money and a credit card out of a purse in a car at Orchard Church, 1301 S. Grove Ave., July 12.
• Thieves stole landscaping equipment July 13 from the 200 block of James Street.
• Thieves stole two desktop computers and a laptop computer July 14 on the 100 block of N. Northwest Highway.
• Samuel B. Jackson, 29, of the 1100 block of Miller Lane, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 1:40 p.m. July 19 at his home and charged with interference with a public utility. Reports said a ComEd employee discovered that Jackson's electricity had been shut off but he had jumped the meter and continued to take electricity.
• Michal Krzyzanowski, 19, of the 100 block of Shadow Bend Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 2 a.m. July 20 on the 0-100 block of North Buffalo Grove Road and charged with possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Thieves stole a girl's 20-inch bicycle from property on the 100 block of Glendale Road between July 13 and 19.
• Thieves stole a silver 30-inch mountain bike out of an open garage on the 1300 block of Rose Court East around 4 p.m. July 19.
• A teenage boy stole a green bicycle parked unlocked outside a fast-food restaurant, on the 800 block of S. Elmhurst Road, around 5 p.m. July 19. The victim saw the offender run up and ride away on the bike. Value was estimated at $120.
• Thieves stole a golf club from a customer at the Des Plaines Golf Center, 333 N. River Road, between 9 and 10 p.m. July 19. Value was estimated at $120. The victim left his 8 iron on the second floor.
Elk Grove Village
• Michael J. Hamby, 44, of the 100 block of West Landmeier Road, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. July 12 at 901 Wellington Ave. and charged with obstruction of a peace officer. His court date is July 27.
• Jose P. Lopez, 62, and Omar Betancourt, 18, both of the 2800 block of North Kedzie, Chicago, were arrested around 10:25 p.m. July 8 at 1520 Chase Ave. and charged with theft. Their court date is July 26.
• Thieves stole a 2008 Freightliner tractor out of a lot at Focus Transport Trucking, 2195 Arthur Ave., around 1:10 a.m. July 10. Value was estimated at $60,000.
• Thieves stole a 2005 Freightliner tractor and a Great Dane trailer out of a lot at 1649 Howard St., between 6 a.m. July 10 and 9 a.m. July 11. Value was estimated at $44,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado work truck and stole several work tools on the 200 block of Mimosa Lane between 8:30 p.m. July 6 and 5 a.m. July 7. Value was estimated at $4,050.
• Thieves stole softball equipment from the field at Elk Grove High School, 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd., around 8:45 p.m. July 7 after the female victim left it by mistake. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a trailer parked behind a business at 2400 S. Elmhurst Road between 6 p.m. July 9 and 12:30 p.m. July 10. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars ransacked a home on the 100 block of Tower Lane between 7:30 p.m. July 12 and 11:45 a.m. July 13 and stole a guitar, two TVs and a video game player. Value was estimated at $7,150.
• Thieves stole a student's trumpet out of the band room at the junior high school at 777 W. Elk Grove Blvd. between June 3 and 24. Value was estimated at $1,100.
• Dany S. Guevara-Iraheta, 25, and Vicky R. Carranza-Hernandez, 23, both of the 1400 block of South Busse Road, Mount Prospect, were arrested between 2:20 and 4:06 a.m. July 18 and charged with endangering the life of a child. Reports said Carranza-Hernandez left their 4-year-old daughter asleep and alone in their apartment around 1:45 a.m. in order to pick up Guevara-Iraheta from his work. An officer stopped their car at the apartment building for speeding at 1:59 a.m. Guevara-Iraheta reportedly told the officer he was speeding because their daughter was home alone. Officers found the child asleep but cautioned the parents that it was not safe to leave a child home alone. Guevara-Iraheta also was charged with speeding. Their court date is Aug. 5.
• Kenneth H. Sauceda, 21, of the 9500 block of North Park Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:10 a.m. July 13 at Main Street and Memory Lane and charged with traffic violations, driving under the influence, and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia (glass pipe). His court date is Aug. 10.
• A woman was videotaped taking another customer's purse valued at $726 in the children's department at Carson's, 1025 Center Drive, around 5:55 p.m. July 15. The victim placed the purse near a cash register while she shopped. The offender rode up the escalator with a young girl, 6-8 years old. The woman took the purse and handed it to the girl who carried it out of the store with the offender. An investigation continues.
• Burglars stole a Social Security card out of an unlocked Buick LeSabre on Dundee Quarter July 14.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and iPod out of an unlocked 2007 Dodge Charger on the 200 block of East Forest Knoll between 10 p.m. July 14 and 6 a.m. July 15. Value was estimated at $550.
• Thieves stole an American flag and pole from a brick wall at a home on the 500 block of South Echo Lane between 7 a.m. July 6 and 1:50 p.m. July 16. Value was estimated at $25.
• Vandals knocked over two mailboxes and posts on the 700 block of South Brockway between 11 p.m. July 15 and 7:35 a.m. July 16.
• Garrett L. Smith, 24, of the 3700 block of Knickerbocker Place, Indianapolis, Ind., was arrested around 4:25 p.m. July 15 at Hintz Road and Milwaukee Avenue and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana. His court date is Aug. 9.
• Thieves stole a blue mountain bike out of a bike rack at the aquatic center, 333 W. Dundee Road, between 9:45 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. July 7. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a red and black BMX bike out of a bike rack at a mobile home on the 0-100 block of Carriage Hill Road between 8:45 p.m. July 14 and 8:30 a.m. July 15. Value was estimated at $60.