Love a parade? Then you're in luck. There are plenty of parades and other festivities this weekend to mark the Fourth of July holiday. Here's a look at the events going on across Lake County. Most are free.
Antioch Fourth of July Celebration. Williams Park, Williams and Main streets, Antioch. Activities start at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 3, with round one of the Fire Cracker Sports Tournament. Round two begins at 8 a.m. Sunday, July 4, with 5K Run for Freedom. Parade at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, July 4, beginning at corner of Holbeck and Orchard streets. Daylong celebration Sunday, July 4, in downtown Antioch includes fun fair, entertainment, food, music and fireworks. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 4. (847) 838-4032.
• Celebrate Fox Lake. Saturday, July 3. Millennium Park, Grand and Rollins, Fox Lake. Entertainment, games, rides and crafts. Parade lineup at 9 a.m., begins at 10 a.m. at Grant High School, heads west along Grand Avenue to Fox Lake Towne Center. Craft show after the parade until 4 p.m. Fireworks over the Chain O' Lakes at dusk. (847) 587-2151 for parade information. foxlake.org for general information.
• Fox Lake/Grant Township Historical Society pie and ice cream social. Noon to 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 4, at 411 Washington St. in Ingleside. (847) 587-2151 or foxlake.org.
• Grayslake's Family Picnic and Fireworks. 3 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, July 3. Central Park on Lake Street between Washington and Center streets, Grayslake. Food vendors, entertainment, live music, fireworks at dusk and more. (847) 223-7529 or glpd.com.
• Great Lakes Fourth of July Celebration. Noon to 10 p.m. Saturday, July 3, and Sunday, July 4. Free and open to the public. Music, food, carnival, kids zone, crafts. Laser light show at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 3. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 4. mwrgl.com.
• Hawthorn Woods Fourth of July Fireworks. Concert at 6 p.m. on Saturday, July 3. Fireworks at dusk. Community Park, on Old McHenry Road.
• Lake Forest fireworks. 9 p.m. Sunday, July 4. Deerpath Community Park, 400 Hastings Road, Lake Forest. (847) 234-6700.
• Lake Zurich Fourth of July Family Day. Starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 3. Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Road, Lake Zurich. Fireworks start at 9:15 p.m. Live music, boat parade and Taste of Lake Zurich. $2 for residents and beach pass holders 18 and older, 17 and younger are free. $3 for nonresidents 4 and older, ages 3 years and younger are free. (847) 540-5054.
• Lakemoor Fourth of July parade. 9 a.m. on Sunday, July 4. Starts at Union Hall, Route 120 and Darrell Road, going to Morrison Park, across from the village hall. (815) 385-1117 or Lakemoor.net.
• Libertyville concert and fireworks. Sunday, July 4. Village Band performs a concert of patriotic music and other favorites at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks at dusk. Butler Lake, off Winchester Road between Route 21 and Butterfield Road in Libertyville. Go to libertyville.com.
• Lincolnshire parade and fireworks. Sunday, July 4. Parade begins at 11 a.m. at Sprague School to Spring Lake Park. (847) 883-8600. Fireworks 9:30 p.m. at Spring Lake Park, 49 Oxford Drive, Lincolnshire. (847) 236-0305 or lincolnshirecommunity.com.
• Mundelein Community Days festival. Noon to 11 p.m. Friday, July 2; 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, July 3, and Sunday, July 4; noon to 9 p.m. Monday, July 5. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 4. Mundelein Independence Day parade. Starts at 2 p.m. on Monday, July 5, and runs down Hawley Street from village hall to Mundelein High School. Most events at or near the fairgrounds at Seymour Avenue and Courtland Street. Carnival, Mundelein Munch, games, contests, musical performers and more. (847) 949-3200.
• Round Lake fireworks. Sunday, July 4, at the Village of Round Lake Beach's Cultural Center Outdoor Stage, 2007 Civic Center Way. A community band performance of patriotic tunes from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by the Incognitos. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. (847) 546-8558.
• Vernon Hills parade and fireworks. Sunday, July 4. Parade at 9 a.m. beginning at Deerpath and Atrium drives; children gather at 8 a.m. to decorate their bikes, scooters and wagons for the bike decorating contest. Fireworks at Century Park, one-half mile north of Milwaukee Road on Lakeview Parkway, Vernon Hills. Live music by J.P and the Cats, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., with fireworks over Big Bear and Little Bear lakes to follow. vernonhills.org.
• Wauconda fireworks. Dusk on Saturday, July 3. Cook Park, 600 N. Main St., Wauconda. (847) 526-3610.
• Waukegan fireworks. 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 4. Silver Park, 55 Harbor Place, Waukegan. (847) 599-2525.