Schaumburg Library to host a plant swap
Schaumburg Township District Library is set to host its first plant swap Saturday, May 21, in conjunction with Hoffman Estates Garden Club.
The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Central Library, 130 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg.
It's a time for gardeners and plant enthusiasts to chat, trade plants, learn gardening tips from others and more. The library will also have a gardening craft appropriate for all ages, while supplies last.
Here's how the plant swap will work:
• Bring any plant(s) and/or seeds you wish to share with others. Please bring the plants in a pot or bag.
• Plants may be whole plants that did not flourish in one environment, but may love the space of another caregiver, or propagated plants. There are three ways to propagate a plant: Dividing (separating an already growing plant), rooting a leaf (typically done with succulents) or rooting a cutting (a small stem with leaves).
• Label plants or seeds as best you can with any information about the plant (name, sun/shade, size, etc.).
• Place your labeled plants or seeds on the tables.
• Share and learn through stories, experiences and methods from local plant lovers.
To register for this event, visit SchaumburgLibrary.org/events or call (847) 985-4000.