Musicians can submit songs for library's new collection
The Poplar Creek Public Library District is calling all musicians and bands from the Chicago area to submit original songs for consideration to their inaugural local music library, Soundwave.
The service will deliver a diverse collection of local music through a free, user-friendly digital platform. Music must be submitted online by July 30 at soundwave.pclib.org.
Soundwave Music Library aims to feature local music from a range of genres, including bluegrass, hip-hop, electronic, rock and world music. The collection hopes to represent the sounds of the Chicago area.
"This is our inaugural launch. We hope artists and bands just discovering this opportunity can potentially be a part of the collection. We're seeking musicians of all kinds to participate," says Kris Kenney, Soundwave Project manager.
Some important details for local musicians and bands interested in submitting include:
• Musicians should be based in the Chicago area.
• Selected musicians will receive an honorarium for sharing their music.
• Musicians must hold the rights to the music they submit.
• Musicians can submit up to one song for consideration and will need a minimum of three songs if selected.
• The deadline to submit music is Friday, July 30.
• The submission form is available at soundwave.pclib.org/submit.
For information on the project, visit soundwave.pclib.org or call (630) 483-4939.