New Leaders Join the Center for Enriched Living Board of Directors
The Center for Enriched Living (CEL), a privately-funded non-profit organization headquartered in north suburban Riverwoods, announced that Deedra Darby-Jones and Lane Epstein have joined its board of directors. At CEL, teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) are part of a vibrant community with opportunities for life enrichment through social, recreational, educational, employment, and virtual programs.
"Our dynamic and active board of directors are leaders who work hard to sustain CEL during these uncertain times," says Harriet Levy, CEL's CEO. "I'm grateful that despite the many challenges facing non-profits, that there are strong leaders stepping up to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities throughout the Chicagoland region and beyond," Levy continues.
Deedra Darby-Jones, of Barrington, is Vice President at PNC Bank. With more than 20 years of progressive experience that drives growth and bottom line profits for her clients, Deedra is excited bring her client focused approach to CEL and be a contributing member to the organization's continued growth and success.
Lane Epstein, of Northbrook, is Vice President/Partner at Baker Construction Group. Lane brings his personal experience as the father of an adult son with developmental disabilities who comes to CEL, CEL's mission is important to him. "I want to be a part of helping CEL continue and expand to meet the needs of the community, especially for those who have aged out of the school system," Lane shares.
CEL's Executive Committee includes:
• President Joan Cannon, of Highland Park, National Director, Medical Science Liaisons at Lundbeck, Deerfield
• Vice President Kim Cysewski, of Lincolnshire, retired from Grainger, Vice President, Human Resources, Lake Forest
• Secretary Sarah Helm, PhD, of Winthrop Harbor, Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, Riverwoods
• Treasurer Ira Singer of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Owner of Mosaic Construction, Northbrook
• Immediate Past President Dan Ripes, of Highland Park, Vice President, Global Partnerships at Rise Interactive, Chicago
• Past President Shea Hart, of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Director of PPM at CDW, Vernon Hills
CEL board members raise significant funds and share their professional expertise to ensure that CEL continues to grow and thrive. We are always looking for board members who have a passion for our mission, excellent leadership skills, and a willingness and ability to be a philanthropic advocate for CEL.
See our complete list of board of directors and staff at: www.CenterForEnrichedLiving.org/about-us/meet-the-team
About the Center for Enriched Living
For more than 50 years, the Center for Enriched Living has provided life-changing opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities -- through social, recreational, educational, virtual programs and community-based employment. CEL was accredited by the Council on Quality and Leadership in 2019. More information is available at www.CenterForEnrichedLiving.org.