Murphy announces library grants to local school districts
Six local school districts will receive more than $28,000 in grants through the Illinois Secretary of State's School District Library Grant program, State Senator Laura Murphy (D-Des Plaines) announced today.
The grants, which are issued by the Illinois State Library, are meant to help public schools purchase more library books and update technology for students.
"Every student deserves the opportunity to fall in love with reading, and for many kids, the school library is where that starts," said Murphy. "I am thrilled to see so many local schools taking advantage of this program."
Schools receiving school library grants include:
• Des Plaines Community Consolidated School District 62
• Community Consolidated School District 59
• Keeneyville Elementary School District 20
• Community Consolidated School District 64
• Maine Township High School District 207
• Schaumburg Community Consolidated School District 54