JourneyCare appoints chief medical officer
• Dr. Mark Grzeskowiak was appointed chief medical officer at JourneyCare.
Grzeskowiak joined JourneyCare in 2014, as medical director and has served as vice president of Medical Services since 2016. He has provided leadership to field teams, as well as to JourneyCare's Hospice Care Centers in Barrington, Glenview, Woodstock, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago and Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights.
As part of the executive team, Grzeskowiak will drive the clinical integrity across the organization's entire continuum of care, brainstorming innovative ways to improve patient experience and achieve better outcomes.
Prior to joining JourneyCare, Grzeskowiak served as the medical director for several prominent hospice organizations including: Hospice Advantage in Union Grove, Wisconsin, and Elgin; Mercy Health System and Willow Hospice in Plainfield. He also was the fellowship director at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Rush Medical Center.
• Rupa Brosseau, of Schaumburg, director of the Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research, was recently presented with a 2018 Solutions Day Award for Outstanding Nonprofit Leader from .orgCommunity. The award recognizes recipients who symbolize the ideal nonprofit leader in their actions and achievements, leadership style, member culture and work environment they build, and the mentees as well as peers they inspire.
Solutions Day, presented by .orgCommunity, seeks to bring together innovators who are reinventing the association world by redesigning their operations to seize technological advantage and position themselves for success in an era of disruption.
The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research is a related organization of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. For 30 years, the foundation has been dedicated to developing the next generation of physician-scientists in anesthesiology.
• During a recent Bartlett Park District board of commissioners meeting, Dale Ann Kasuba was sworn in as a newly appointed park board commissioner. Kasuba will serve on the board through May 2019, filling a board vacancy.
Kasuba, who has lived in Bartlett for more than 21 years, is an active user of the Bartlett Park District. She is also involved in many community activities, the most recently being Heritage Days.
• Congratulations Shane Rayburn, John-Erik Bruchman, Tim Day, Spencer Gallagher, Matt Bednar, Tommy Bahary and Brian Rayburn of Boy Scout Troop 140 for attaining Scouting's highest rank -- Eagle Scout. Fewer than four percent of all boys in scouting achieve the rank of Eagle.
A reception and dinner was held following the Eagle Scout Court of Honor ceremony on Nov. 24, at St. Mary School Activity Center, in Buffalo Grove.
• Submit your 'Neighbor in the News' items to Norrine Twohey at email@example.com.