Bulls | Carter appears on track to play Saturday vs. Knicks
The Bulls could use some players to come back from injuries, instead of losing guys all the time. Center Wendell Carter Jr. estimated there's an 80-90 percent chance he plays Saturday in New York.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Kubalik records hat trick, Chicago rallies past Tampa BayDominik Kubalik recorded a hat trick with three goals in the third period, and the Chicago Blackhawks rallied past the Tampa Bay Lightning 5-2
Blackhawks | Former goalie Lehner says Blackhawks didn't give him fair shotIn Robin Lehner's first interview as a member of the Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday, the former Blackhawks goalie expressed frustrations with how he was utilized at times in Chicago.
Columns | Arkush: Coaching changes won't be enough to jumpstart Bears offenseThe Bears new coaches aren't going to make the old quarterbacks, offensive linemen and tight ends better football players. They may get a little more production out of them, but coaching changes aren't going to make the NFL's 29th ranked offense in 2019 a playoff caliber group in 2020 without a bunch of new and better talent.
Bears | Why Georgia QB may be Day 2 draft target for BearsA three-year starter in the SEC West who led Georgia to three conference title games and a national championship berth, Jake Fromm, in many ways, is the antithesis of Bears QB Mitch Trubisky.
Bulls | Markkanen returns to working outLauri Markkanen was back on the floor after Thursday's practice doing some shooting drills. Coach Jim Boylen suggested Markkanen might try practicing soon. He's been out since Jan. 24 with a stress reaction in his pelvis.
Columns | Area golfers off to strong start at Honda ClassicIt's been quite a while -- at least five years -- since the Chicago area had three card-carrying members of the PGA Tour and even longer since three played in the same PGA Tour stop. That made Thursday's first round of the Honda Classic a milestone event. Kevin Streelman, Luke Donald and Doug Ghim were all in the field at PGA National in the first stop on the four-tournament Florida swing.
Cubs | Cubs reliever Brad Wieck has surgery for heart flutterChicago Cubs reliever Brad Wieck had surgery this week for an abnormal heart flutter and is out indefinitely
MLB | Healthy again, Cubs' Souza Jr. aiming for regular OF roleMESA, Ariz. -- Steven Souza Jr. played in his third spring training game Wednesday, trying to make the most of an opportunity for quality playing time in the outfield for the Chicago Cubs this season. To make it to opening day healthy -- a given for most players -- would be a bigger deal for Souza, given that he hasn't been able to do so in each of the past two years.
MLB | Astros, 'Field of Dreams' game highlight 2020 MLB scheduleJosé Altuve and the Houston Astros visit Oakland on March 30 in one of the most intriguing dates on the major league calendar this year
News | Rivers expects sportsbook tipoff in time for March MadnessThe Rivers Casino in Des Plaines recently launched 24/7 operations and hopes to be taking bets on sports as soon as the NCAA March Madness tournament, its CEO told investors in an earnings call Thursday.
- 10:56 PMGallinari scores 24; Thunder rally from 19 down to top Kings
- 10:55 PMDundee-Crown denies Barrington for 1st sectional in 17 years
- 10:51 PMMLB appoints 1st black umpire crew chief
- 10:50 PMSabonis scores 20 points, Pacers beat Trail Blazers, 106-100
- 10:48 PMNylander leads Maple Leafs over Panthers, 5-3
- Girls' BasketballFremd gets its revenge vs. Lake Forest
- Girls' BasketballBolingbrook surprises Benet
- Girls' BasketballMontini sweats out victory against Sycamore
- Boys' BasketballGlenbard South captures UEC championship
- Boys' BasketballWW South denies St. Charles North outright DuKane title
- Girls' BasketballNew-look Lake Park defeats Geneva
- Girls' BasketballGrayslake Central shakes off St. Viator, barely
- Girls' BasketballDundee-Crown denies Barrington for 1st sectional in 17 years
- Boys' BasketballDavidson's remarkable 50-year coaching career ends
- Girls' BasketballDowners Grove North falls just short vs. Whitney Young
- Girls' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Thursday, Feb. 27
- Girls' BasketballAssociated Press Class 1A/2A All-State girls basketball teams
- Prep SportsBoys swimming and diving: Maine South's Young in good position heading to state
- Girls' BasketballGotter sparks Dundee-Crown with effort inside