- In 2001, writer Michael Hornburg published "Downers Grove," a novel set here.
- 60515, 60516, 60517
- 41.79073, -88.014855
- Exterior of the Spiegel headquarters building in Downers Grove. Scott Sanders | Staff
- Copy shot of a portrait of Civil War vet Walter Blanchard. This is at the Downers Grove Historical Museum. Scott Sanders | Staff
- (R) Michelle Eppley of the Sound Center in Downers Grove works on voice training with (L) Janet Anderson of Naperville. some of the exercises include singing , breathing and physical stretching. Ed Lee | Staff
- Downers Grove old clock at the train station Tanit Jarusan | Staff
- Downers Grove's train station in downtown Downers Grove, Tanit Jarusan | Staff
- Welcome Downers banner along Main Street in downtown Downers Grove Tanit Jarusan | Staff
- Downers Grove Museum at the corner of Maple Av. and Belden Av. Tanit Jarusan | Staff
- Spectators gawk at ice sculptures (sponsored by the Chicago Tribune, cough cough) at the professional ice carving competition in Downers Grove. Marcelle Bright | Staff
- Downers Grove High School Vollyball players (L TO R) Beth Vrdsky, Claire McCormack, Annie Mastandrea , Meghan Macdonald and Jaclyn Simpson . Ed Lee | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bolingbrook High School
- 365 Raider Way
Bolingbrook, Il 60440
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
Sorry, there are no libraries
Daily Herald Communities
- DuPage County
- Bob Bryar
- Drummer, My Chemical Romance.
- Cammi Granato
- Olympic ice hockey goalie gold medalist, 1998.
- Randy Poffo
- WWE wrestler, better known as Randy "Macho Man" Savage.
- Sherrill Milnes
- Operatic baritone, a star with the Metropolitan Opera for more than 30 years.