Suburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
Pollyanna Brewing Company plans to open its third location in the heart of downtown St. Charles at 106 S. Riverside Ave.
Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
Energy legislation 'on the back burner' in SpringfieldAs the General Assembly moves toward its May 31 adjournment with issues such as a state budget, graduated income tax, and the legalization of sports gambling and recreational marijuana still to be decided, a package of energy market reforms likely will have to wait until the fall veto session or later before moving forward.
Mayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West ChicagoWest Chicago Mayor Ruben Pineda says the city has begun a "transformation" as it pursues redevelopment projects that include plans to build hundreds of residential dwellings in downtown.
Vanessa Baker, owner of Fast Forward Marketing in Crystal Lake, was named the winner in Fifth Third Bank's "What Drives You" Contest.Crystal Lake business owner wins Fifth Third contest
ECCI board approves director appointmentsThe Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry Board of Directors recently approved new executive committee and new director appointments following the resignation of First Vice Chair Lori Murray.
Feder: Cubs announce general manager for Marquee Sports NetworkWith the hiring of a seasoned sports and media executive as general manager, the picture became a little clearer Tuesday for the upcoming television home of the Chicago Cubs, Robert Feder writes.
Women's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 storesDressbarn, the women's clothing chain that's been around for nearly 60 years, is closing all 650 of its stores.
Aurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurantAurora is considering giving a restaurant $100,000 in incentives to open a spot downtown near the Paramount Theatre.
McDonald's revamps its harassment policyMcDonald's Corp., in the face of criticism for its handling of harassment complaints, says it is training workers to deal with the issue and is starting a hotline for victims.
KCAC Aviation opens office at DuPage AirportKCAC Aviation, an authorized sales and service center for Pilatus aircraft, has opened a Pilatus Sales Office at DuPage Airport in West Chicago.
The 2020 election and U.S. immigrationThere's little doubt that U.S. immigration policy will be a central theme of the 2020 Presidential election. While illegal immigration continues to grab headlines, it's the too often overlooked legal immigration system that also provides virtually unlimited opportunities for improvement.
Why I should consider a search fund when selling my businessSmall businesses are experiencing a period of unprecedented transition. Baby boomers make up more than 50% of today's business owners. Many are approaching retirement without a firm succession plan in place.
State and local tax: Why are resale certificates are important for your businessResale certificates are a very important part of the state and local sales tax process. Not having the correct certificates on file can land your business in hot water.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- St. CharlesSuburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
- SchaumburgSchaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola site
- West ChicagoMayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West Chicago
- GurneeConsumers Credit Union is marking the 14th anniversary of the opening of its in-house Contact (call) Center.
- BusinessVanessa Baker, owner of Fast Forward Marketing in Crystal Lake, was named the winner in Fifth Third Bank's "What Drives You" Contest.
- BusinessWomen's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 stores
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant
- West ChicagoKCAC Aviation opens office at DuPage Airport
- SchaumburgMeet Chicago Northwest elects officers, board
- SchaumburgSchaumburg Boomers host Alzheimer's Awareness Night May 25
- Aurora'Party in the Parks' returns to Aurora
- Lake ZurichLee & Associates brokers two sales in Lake Zurich
- GurneeGurnee approves $200,000 incentive for radio stations to move to Gurnee Mills
- BusinessA bar for people who like to break things is coming to Elmhurst
- Wood DaleLee & Associates broker lease renewal