Multithemed escape-room business to open in Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates officials Monday unanimously approved a multithemed escape-room business in the basement of a four-story medical office building.
Baxter & Woodman opens Naperville officeBaxter & Woodman Consulting Engineers has opened a new Naperville office to better serve the needs of the firm's growing client base.
Construction of second Huntley Jewel store set to begin this fallConstruction of a new Jewel-Osco store on the north side of Huntley is expected to begin this fall.
Comfort Suites facility in Schiller Park soldMarcus & Millichap recently sold Comfort Suites, a 160-room hospitality property in Schiller Park, for an undisclosed amount, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
LSC, Quad/Graphics end merger plansPrinting and digital media companies LSC Communications and Quad/Graphics announced Tuesday they will abandon the plans to merge in the wake of antitrust lawsuit filed by the U, S. Justice Department.
Never-Googlers: Web users take the ultimate step to guard their dataAs reports surface regarding how the online advertising giant tracks consumers, some try to reclaim their online footsteps.
Rodeway Inn sells for $1.75 millionMarcus & Millichap said it has sold Rodeway Inn, a 63-room, interior corridor hospitality property in Joliet, for $1.75 million, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
Inaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in AugustTo highlight Woodridge as an award-winning dining destination and to celebrate the village's 60th anniversary, the village of Woodridge and Chamber630 are collaborating for the first Seven Bridges Restaurant Week.
Feder: Walter Flakus calls it a night at 101 WKQXWalter Flakus, assistant program director, music director and on-air host at WKQX 101.1-FM, is leaving the Cumulus Media alternative rock station to join KNDD in Seattle as assistant program director and afternoon host, Robert Feder writes.
First Midwest expands into ESOP lendingFirst Midwest Bank said it will expand its specialty lending services into employee-owned companies.
Macy's pulls plates that say a meal is 'skinny jeans' or 'mom jeans' sizeA single tweet calling out the message as body shaming prompted the retailer to pull the item from its flagship New York City store.
"The importance of being HR": An employment attorney's perspectiveWhile many corporate leaders are enlightened and recognize HR's value, the "profit contribution" perspective still plagues many HR professionals.
Outsourced Accounting; What's it all about?Outsourced accounting is a service that provides a full, accounting department experience for businesses and nonprofit organizations without the appropriate resources for an accounting department or who are frustrated with the cost and effort put forth to staff their existing accounting department.
Balancing the financial needs of the family businessDuring the life cycle of a family-owned business, there are many reasons to seek financing. From start up to retirement, each loan has a means to an end -- to provide income to the members of the family while maintaining the success of the business.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesMultithemed escape-room business to open in Hoffman Estates
- NapervilleBaxter & Woodman opens Naperville office
- HuntleyConstruction of second Huntley Jewel store set to begin this fall
- Oak BrookComfort Suites facility in Schiller Park sold
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- AlgonquinGet your butter chicken fix at Indian restaurant in Algonquin
- Elk Grove VillageFormer Elk Grove Village farm takes shape as high tech hub
- AddisonRoad Runner reminiscent of countless road trips
- NewsArlington Park hosts annual race in honor of late Daily Herald sports writer
- PalatinePalatine leaders optimistic about potential for site of closed Holiday Inn Express
- Elk Grove VillagePlans for hotel on north side of Elk Grove Technology Park revealed
- WheelingSchneider hearing examines Foxconn's impact on suburban flooding
- BusinessNeither heat, rain, cold nor drought can stop local sweet corn crop
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village seeks taxes from online travel companies
- BusinessNew doggy day care coming to Arlington Heights
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more