In the middle of a crisis, Facebook Inc. renames itself Meta
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said his company is rebranding itself as Meta in an effort to encompass its virtual-reality vision for the future -- what Zuckerberg calls the " metaverse."
Why some suburbs are rushing to get a new gambling tax on the booksThe idea of a municipal penny-per-push tax on video gambling machines is proving infectious, as more Illinois communities rush to stay ahead of pending state legislation aimed at vaccinating the industry against the new trend.
New South Elgin T.J. Maxx location opening Thursday after short moveT.J. Maxx in South Elgin will hold a grand opening Thursday after moving about a half mile south on Randall Road. The new location is next door to Ross Dress for Less and occupies about half the space that used to house Toys R Us.
O'Donnell: Does thoroughbred racing at Arlington Park still have a pulse?The Daily Herald has learned that an extremely well-resourced connection of businessmen has initiated contact with senior management of the Chicago Bears that could keep 'em racing around the local oval at least through 2026.
America 'on fire': Facebook watched as Trump ignited hateThe reports of hateful and violent posts on Facebook started pouring in on the night of May 28 last year, soon after then-President Donald Trump sent a warning on social media that looters in Minneapolis would be shot.
Mount Prospect mayor raises concerns about train station redevelopmentThe loss of commuter parking, the impact on community events and the possibility further splitting downtown into north and south zones are among the concerns Mount Prospect Mayor Paul Hoefert is raising about the potential sale of the village's train station property for redevelopment.
Constable: Neither 8-tracks nor CDs nor virus can scratch vinyl marketVinyl records survived 8-track, CDs and even digital streaming. And when the pandemic threatened, vinyl record sales skyrocketed at shops like Kiss The Sky in Batavia.
Senators put YouTube, TikTok, Snap on defensive on kids' useSenators put executives from YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat on the defensive Tuesday, questioning them about what they're doing to ensure young users' safety on their platforms.
Feder: Crain's Chicago Business cooks up deal with 'Check, Please!' creator David ManilowDavid Manilow, who created and produced the long-running weekly food show "Check, Please!" on WTTW-Channel 11, is teaming up with Crain's Chicago Business as the publication looks to expand its coverage of arts and culture.
Higher shipping rates help UPS as Q3 results top StreetUPS' third-quarter results beat analysts' expectations, as consumers are paying higher rates to have the package delivery company fulfill their shipping needs
Feder: Pat McGann returns as Emmy hostChicago comedian Pat McGann has been tapped to emcee the 63rd annual Emmy Awards ceremony sponsored by the Chicago/Midwest chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Business Ledger | Suburban executives to be honored at 24th annual Influential Women in Business Awards eventTwenty-two local women executives will be honored in the 24th annual Influential Women in Business Awards and Recognition Event hosted by the Daily Herald Business Ledger and its sponsoring partners. The awards will be presented virtually via livestream.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Carol StreamWhy some suburbs are rushing to get a new gambling tax on the books
- South ElginNew South Elgin T.J. Maxx location opening Thursday after short move
- Special ReportO'Donnell: Does thoroughbred racing at Arlington Park still have a pulse?
- GurneeLake County's first Raising Cane's opens in Gurnee
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect mayor raises concerns about train station redevelopment
- BataviaConstable: Neither 8-tracks nor CDs nor virus can scratch vinyl market
- BusinessSignode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022
- NapervilleAfter Hours: Hardwoodluxe
- NapervilleAfter Hours: Interior Planning & Design Inc.
- Lake ZurichAfter Hours: MVP Sports
- BarringtonAfter Hours: For Her Health
- CrimeNorthbrook tech executive admits illegally exporting computer equipment to Pakistan
- Hanover ParkFirehouse Dogs to leave Schaumburg building
- NewsPool expansion key part of planned $3.5 project at Lakeview Fitness Center in Vernon Hills
- LibertyvilleWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?