After century in Mount Prospect, Busse flower shop bolts for Rolling Meadows
Busse's Flowers & Gifts has called Mount Prospect home since even before the village's official incorporation in 1917. That won't be the case for much longer, as the longtime business is pulling up its roots and relocating to Rolling Meadows.
Equity firm approaches Walgreens on record buyoutKKR & Co. has formally approached drugstore giant Walgreens Boots Alliance about a deal to take the company private, in what could be the biggest-ever leveraged buyout, people familiar with the matter said.
Phat Phat Chinese Eatery opens in restored Schaumburg buildingThe long-awaited Phat Phat Chinese Eatery has opened its doors in the restored century-old building that last housed the Easy Street Pub in Schaumburg's historic district.
Buffalo Grove hopes local gas tax will close gap on road repairsBuffalo Grove is banking on the belief that the extra pennies paid by drivers filling up at local gas pumps will translate into hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to help the village maintain its streets.
Dancecenter North has new home, same family feelWhen Dancenter North Director Stacy Keller considered buying the business this spring, she knew she simultaneously faced another major decision.
Adelphia Properties sells Morton Grove buildingAdelphia Properties recently brokered the sale of a 8,020 square foot free-standing building in Morton Grove for an undisclosed price.
CTS Corp. board member steps downCTS Corp. said Diana Murphy will be leaving the company's board of directors, effective following its Annual Shareholders Meeting in 2020, in order to pursue other endeavors.
US Foods honors supplier of the yearProGuard Service and Solutions has received 2019 Supplier of the Year Award from US Foods Holding Corp.
Santa arriving at Woodfield Mall Thursday eveningSanta will arrive at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, for his annual Santa's Arrival Parade, led by the James B. Conant High School drumline, and greet families from his Ice Palace in the mall's grand court throughout the holidays.
Parts of America see huge home equity gains, others languishA decade after the recession sparked by the collapse of the housing market, the fortunes of homeowners keep getting better in large swaths of America, but not all.
Feder: Marquee Sports Network needs to get its Cubs programming in gearWith the launch of Marquee Sports Network barely three months away, the future TV home of the Chicago Cubs finally got around to hiring a programming chief, Robert Feder writes.
Making the most of wellness programs: Five ways to help people take advantage of well-being programsAs people seek to improve their health habits, here are some tips to help consumers become healthier and make the most of their well-being programs.
Communities embrace potential of opportunity zonesFollowing the release of the second tranche of federal Opportunity Zone regulations by the Treasury Department in April 2019, investors and community stakeholders were emboldened by the clarity provided by those regulations to further explore ways in which the tax incentive can spur economic development in the communities that truly need it.
Surviving and thriving during an economic downturnWith the Great Recession almost ten years in our rearview mirror, we are all better positioned to leverage the lessons learned into preparedness for what may lie ahead.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Mount ProspectAfter century in Mount Prospect, Busse flower shop bolts for Rolling Meadows
- BusinessEquity firm approaches Walgreens on record buyout
- SchaumburgPhat Phat Chinese Eatery opens in restored Schaumburg building
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove hopes local gas tax will close gap on road repairs
- West DundeeWest Dundee taking steps to allow recreational marijuana sales
- GurneeDancecenter North has new home, same family feel
- LisleCTS Corp. board member steps down
- RosemontUS Foods honors supplier of the year
- SchaumburgSanta arriving at Woodfield Mall Thursday evening
- PalatineOpportunity abounds at Business Expo and Community Showcase in Palatine
- SchaumburgTopgolf offers glimpse of new Schaumburg venue
- PalatineZimmer Hardware honored for historic, 136-year run in downtown Palatine
- Elk Grove VillageJimmy's Charhouse in Elk Grove Village abruptly closes
- NewsArlington Heights hosting Alzheimer's Awareness Day event Tuesday
- WinfieldWinfield leaning toward 'yes' to recreational pot sales