Former Elk Grove Village farm takes shape as high tech hub
On land once envisioned for the gridiron of the Chicago Bears, likenesses of elk roam today instead. Those 29 bronze figures represent the massive $1 billion Elk Grove Technology Park under development on what had been the largest remaining tract of land in the O'Hare industrial market.
Construction of second Huntley Jewel store set to begin this fallConstruction of a new Jewel-Osco store on the north side of Huntley is expected to begin this fall.
Baxter & Woodman opens Naperville officeBaxter & Woodman Consulting Engineers has opened a new Naperville office to better serve the needs of the firm's growing client base.
Comfort Suites facility in Schiller Park soldMarcus & Millichap recently sold Comfort Suites, a 160-room hospitality property in Schiller Park, for an undisclosed amount, according to Steven D. Weinstock, regional manager of the firm's Chicago Oak Brook office.
Get your butter chicken fix at Indian restaurant in AlgonquinJay Gulati, owner of Thumka Indian Bar and Grill in Hoffman Estates, has opened a second, more casual restaurant, Thumka Indian Express, in Algonquin.
Inaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in AugustTo highlight Woodridge as an award-winning dining destination and to celebrate the village's 60th anniversary, the village of Woodridge and Chamber630 are collaborating for the first Seven Bridges Restaurant Week.
First Midwest expands into ESOP lendingFirst Midwest Bank said it will expand its specialty lending services into employee-owned companies.
Macy's pulls plates that say a meal is 'skinny jeans' or 'mom jeans' sizeA single tweet calling out the message as body shaming prompted the retailer to pull the item from its flagship New York City store.
Liz Weston: Is your wealth dripping away?Property losses from water damage are far more likely than from theft or fire, but many homeowners aren't taking the steps needed to prevent costly repairs.
'Smelly' co-workers give their side of storyComments from readers who have been on the receiving end of complaints about personal odor at work.
Volvo Cars recalls 507,000 vehicles as probe finds fire riskVolvo said its own "investigations have identified that in very rare cases the plastic engine intake manifold may melt and deform."
"The importance of being HR": An employment attorney's perspectiveWhile many corporate leaders are enlightened and recognize HR's value, the "profit contribution" perspective still plagues many HR professionals.
Outsourced Accounting; What's it all about?Outsourced accounting is a service that provides a full, accounting department experience for businesses and nonprofit organizations without the appropriate resources for an accounting department or who are frustrated with the cost and effort put forth to staff their existing accounting department.
Balancing the financial needs of the family businessDuring the life cycle of a family-owned business, there are many reasons to seek financing. From start up to retirement, each loan has a means to an end -- to provide income to the members of the family while maintaining the success of the business.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Elk Grove VillageFormer Elk Grove Village farm takes shape as high tech hub
- HuntleyConstruction of second Huntley Jewel store set to begin this fall
- NapervilleBaxter & Woodman opens Naperville office
- Oak BrookComfort Suites facility in Schiller Park sold
- AlgonquinGet your butter chicken fix at Indian restaurant in Algonquin
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- AddisonRoad Runner reminiscent of countless road trips
- NewsArlington Park hosts annual race in honor of late Daily Herald sports writer
- PalatinePalatine leaders optimistic about potential for site of closed Holiday Inn Express
- Elk Grove VillagePlans for hotel on north side of Elk Grove Technology Park revealed
- WheelingSchneider hearing examines Foxconn's impact on suburban flooding
- BusinessNeither heat, rain, cold nor drought can stop local sweet corn crop
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village seeks taxes from online travel companies
- BusinessNew doggy day care coming to Arlington Heights
- BensenvilleBo Jackson's sports dome to put Bensenville 'on the map'
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more