Advocate fires 400+ workers who refused vaccines
Advocate Aurora Health, the largest hospital system in Illinois and Wisconsin, has fired more than 400 employees who refused to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
Former Culver's in Crystal Lake could become marijuana dispensaryCrystal Lake is one step closer to getting a marijuana dispensary after the city council unanimously approved a proposal Tuesday evening for one in the former Culver's.
Plans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forwardA cocktail bar continues to move forward with plans to open in the space that formerly housed 100 Grapes wine tasting room in downtown St. Charles.
Arlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential blockAn Arlington Heights advisory panel Wednesday night narrowly endorsed a shelter care home's proposed relocation to a neighborhood of residents who largely oppose the move.
The last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streakSister Leticia Lapid is retiring from her ministry as a spiritual care chaplain at Amita St. Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The hospital was founded by Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart in 1902. If another nun isn't hired to replace her, it will be the first time in the hospital's history a nun working there.
FDA OKs mixing COVID vaccines, backs Moderna, J&J boosters -- but who can get them still TBDU.S. regulators on Wednesday signed off on extending COVID-19 boosters to Americans who got the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine and said anyone eligible for an extra dose can get a brand different from the one they received initially. But before more people roll up their sleeves, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will consult an expert panel later this week before finalizing official recommendations for who should get boosters and when.
Littelfuse to buy Connecticut electronics companyLittelfuse Inc. Wednesday said it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Carling Technologies for $315 million in cash, subject to a working capital adjustment.
Feder: Trenier Ward joins ABC 7Trenier Ward, a multimedia journalist who grew up in Chicago and graduated from Northern Illinois University, is coming home to join ABC-owned WLS-Channel 7 as a per diem reporter, starting Monday.
Pedal Power to host charity collection of bicyclesThe former Stemples Cycle Center in Elmhurst will be used next month to host a charity collection of gently used, working bicycles for Pedal Power.
Salvation Army dedicates $8 million community centerThe Salvation Army's Aurora Corps recently dedicated it's $8 million community center at 550 Redwood Drive in Aurora.
Feder: New book from Daily Herald's Grammar Moses commands readers to watch their wordsEvery Sunday Jim Baumann, the mild-mannered managing editor of the Daily Herald, slips into his waggish alter ego as Grammar Moses to remind readers why they need to speak, write and think carefully. Now he's ready to throw the book at them.
Hoffman Estates approves changes to site it's selling to Popeyes developerHoffman Estates officials have approved the reconfiguration of a site on Golf Road they're selling to developers of a new Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, but a clear construction time frame awaits the closing of the sale.
Business Ledger | Suburban executives to be honored at 24th annual Influential Women in Business Awards eventTwenty-two local women executives will be honored in the 24th annual Influential Women in Business Awards and Recognition Event hosted by the Daily Herald Business Ledger and its sponsoring partners. The awards will be presented virtually via livestream.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NewsFormer Culver's in Crystal Lake could become marijuana dispensary
- St. CharlesPlans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forward
- NewsArlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential block
- ElginThe last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streak
- AddisonPedal Power to host charity collection of bicycles
- AuroraSalvation Army dedicates $8 million community center
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves changes to site it's selling to Popeyes developer
- WinfieldWinfield Road to close for pedestrian bridge installation at hospital
- WaukeganJim O'Donnell: From bad pitchout to pitch-perfect -- Brian Wilson and Al Jardine set for Waukegan
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 25, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Aug. 23 to 27
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for July 1 to Aug. 25, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 27, 2021
- BloomingdaleSuburban homes appreciate in value over last year
- Des PlainesAs reopening nears, Des Plaines Theatre gets key city council approval
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more