New leaders join the Center for Enriched Living board
The Center for Enriched Living, a privately-funded nonprofit organization headquartered in North suburban Riverwoods, has announced that Deedra Darby-Jones and Lane Epstein have joined its board of directors.
At CEL, teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities are part of a vibrant community with opportunities for life enrichment through social, recreational, educational, employment, and virtual programs.
"Our dynamic and active board of directors are leaders who work hard to sustain CEL during these uncertain times," CEL's CEO Harriet Levy said.
"I'm grateful that despite the many challenges facing nonprofits, that there are strong leaders stepping up to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities throughout the Chicagoland region and beyond."
Darby-Jones of Barrington is vice president at PNC Bank. With more than 20 years of progressive experience that drives growth and bottom line profits for her clients, Darby-Jones is excited bring her client-focused approach to CEL and be a contributing member to the organization's continued growth and success.
Epstein of Northbrook is vice president/partner at Baker Construction Group. He brings his personal experience as the father of an adult son with developmental disabilities who comes to CEL.
"I want to be a part of helping CEL continue and expand to meet the needs of the community, especially for those who have aged out of the school system," Lane said.
CEL's Executive Committee includes:
• President Joan Cannon of Highland Park, national director, Medical Science Liaisons at Lundbeck in Deerfield
• Vice President Kim Cysewski of Lincolnshire, retired from Grainger, vice president, human resources in Lake Forest
• Secretary Sarah Helm, Ph.D., of Winthrop Harbor, manager, Diversity & Inclusion in Riverwoods
• Treasurer Ira Singer of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, owner of Mosaic Construction in Northbrook
• Immediate Past President Dan Ripes of Highland Park, vice president, Global Partnerships at Rise Interactive in Chicago
• Past President Shea Hart of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, director of PPM at CDW in Vernon Hills
CEL board members raise significant funds and share their professional expertise to ensure that CEL continues to grow and thrive. CEL is always looking for board members who have a passion for its mission, excellent leadership skills, and a willingness and ability to be a philanthropic advocate for CEL.
See a complete list of board of directors and staff at www.CenterForEnrichedLiving.org/about-us/meet-the-team.
For more information about CEL, visit www.CenterForEnrichedLiving.org.