Poplar Creek Public Library District reopening June 22
The Poplar Creek Public Library District announced that both the Main Library in Streamwood and the Sonya Crawshaw Branch in Hanover Park are reopening to the public Monday, June 22, with limited hours and services.
The Main Library, 1405 S. Park Ave., Streamwood, will be open:
• Seniors only hours: 9-11 a.m. Monday-Saturday.
• Regular hours: Noon-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday; noon-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and the library will be closed on Sunday.
The hours at the Sonya Crawshaw Branch, 4300 Audrey Lane, Hanover Park will be:
• Seniors only hours: 1-2 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
• Regular hours: 3-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 3-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and the library will be closed on Sunday.
"We have been preparing the buildings and staffing models to provide patrons and staff with adequate social distancing and safe access to materials," said Executive Director Debra Stombres.
"Both libraries will initially open to allow access to collections for browsing and checking items out. We will not be providing computer access or study space in this first step, but hope to add those within just a few weeks.
"We will continue to offer our newly popular, curbside pickup service and we are reintroducing our home delivery to the homebound."
What to expect when visiting the library:
• Required masks for staff and patrons;
• Social distancing signage and minimal, if any, seating;
• Continued curbside pickup option;
• Access to all books, DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks;
• Reference service in person and via online chat;
• Studio 1405 -- individual use; by appointment only.
• Extended stays;
• Meeting and study rooms;
• In-person programs/events;
• Computer access;
• Extraordinary Things collection, puppets and games.
"As always, we strive to provide the best and most equitable service possible. We have greatly missed our patrons and look forward to taking this first step back toward normal library service," Stombres said.
For information and the latest updates, visit pclib.org or call (630) 837-6800.