Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Round Lake
CCU hosts free workshop: ‘The Psychology of Spending’Mar 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Public is invited to a free seminar centered around understanding the spending process.
Round Lake teen dies from plane crash injuriesMar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
A second person — a Round Lake teen — has died after a spring break plane crash in Florida over the weekend that also killed her father and seriously injured a friend. Jeffrey Bronken, 53, who was piloting the plane, was killed in the crash Saturday morning outside Clearwater. His daughter Katherine Bronken, 15, died from her injuries Wednesday afternoon, officials said.
Round Lake business summit:Mar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Round Lake business owners are invited to share ideas and concerns with village officials at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 2, at Sharky’s, 601 Railroad Ave.
Last Chance to Enroll in Marketplace Health PlansMar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Lake Among ‘Healthier Counties’ in Illinois According to County Health Rankings ReportMar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
A public health report card that grades the health of America’s counties has ranked Lake County among the healthier counties in Illinois. The report card, developed by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, ranked Lake County thirteenth out of 102 counties in Illinois.
Round Lake launches $4.7 million infrastructure projectMar 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Round Lake's largest infrastructure improvement project is under way at Hart Road and Sunset Drive. It'll include reconstruction and widening of Hart, along with sidewalk installation in the area to improve pedestrian safety. Officials said the federal government’s Surface Transportation Program is covering 70 percent of the $4.7 million tab, with Round Lake paying the balance.
CLC offers information sessions on business fieldsMar 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Information sessions on how to prepare for a variety of business careers will be offered by the College of Lake County this spring and summer.
Bob Dold cannot vote for himselfMar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
A Rount Lake letter to the editor: During the March 2014 Primary when GOP Congressional candidate Bob Dold went into the voting booth, he could not cast a ballot for himself. Why? Because Bob Dold does not live in the district that he is campaigning and desiring to represent.
Round Lake teens still hospitalized; support shown for plane crash victimsMar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Two teenage girls from Round Lake remain hospitalized due to injuries suffered in a small-airplane crash near Tampa, Fla., last weekend.
Round Lake girls still in hospital after plane crashMar 23, 2014 12:00 AM
The 15-year-old daughter of a Round Lake man who was killed in a small plane crash, leaving her and her friend injured early Saturday morning near Tampa, Fla., remains hospitalized in serious but stable condition, a family friend said Sunday night.
Round Lake man killed, two seriously injured, in plane crashMar 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Round Lake father Jeffrey Bronken, 53, was killed in a small plane crash near Tampa Saturday. His 15-year-old daughter and another teen were seriously injured. Bronken, the plane's pilot, was a devoted dad and husband who often brought neighbors together for barbecues. "He's bigger than life," friend Ken Hoxie said.
Lake County Health Department offers low-cost pet vaccinationsMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Woodlands Academy’s Congé: Fundraising for Financial AidMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Online bidding in April for silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show is just one way of participating in the 41st annual Congé fundraiser, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s largest campaign to support ongoing academic and student financial aid programs.
How video games might actually help kids lose weightMar 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Kids these days are often living a more sedentary lifestyle which has contributed to increasing obesity.
Washington Street to close:Mar 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Washington Street from Cedar Lake Road to Hainesville Road will be closed to through traffic for four months beginning at 6 a.m. March 31.
Consumers Cooperative Association Announces Winners of Six $1,500.00 Scholarships For Lake County Area StudentsMar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
2014 Scholarship winners
No shortage of roadwork coming for Lake County in 2014Mar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
Motorists will have another busy season in Lake County with more than $109 million in ongoing road construction. Three-dozen projecs are on the 2014 road improvement program, including five mammoth projects that are carrying over into a second year. “We have a strong commitment to improve our regional transportation system,” county board Chairman Aaron Lawlor said.
Lake County Medical Reserve Corps Seeks VolunteersMar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
Get Out the Vote! Notice of Voter Education EventMar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
Lake County Center for Independent Living will host Lake County Clerk Willard Helander for a demonstration of voting equipment and discussion of voting for people with disabilities.
‘4th Fridays’ brings chic to the suburbs Mar 14, 2014 12:00 AM
4th Fridays, a monthly art event at The Starline Gallery in Harvard has been rapidly growing in popularity and scope for the past 3 years. The event offers a fun and culturally relevant night out, featuring art by established and emerging regional artists.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. email@example.com. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.