A new charity called 'Let's Pitch in Palatine' will take over the Palatine Township Food Drive that is held annually leading up to the holiday season.
For 13 years, former Palatine law firm Lavelle Law sponsored the yearly drive, but due to space restrictions at the firm's new Schaumburg location, representatives stated they are no longer able to participate. Upon learning that the food drive was in need of a sponsor to provide collection boxes and deliver the donations to the Township, Palatine businessman and elected official Aaron Del Mar decided to take up the cause.
"It would have been a difficult year without the assistance provided by Lavelle Law, with so many of our residents in-need," said Palatine Township Supervisor Sharon Langlotz-Johnson. "We are pleased Aaron Del Mar has picked up this project and started the charity 'Let's Pitch In Palatine' to address this need."
Nearly 350 families in Palatine Township utilize the food pantry on a monthly basis, and keeping the shelves stocked during the winter months can be especially challenging.
Suggested items to donate include non-perishable foods such as cereal, pasta, soups, canned fruits and vegetables, flour, sugar and coffee, in addition to diapers and formula. There are 13 different locations in Palatine that have drop boxes where donations can be made until Friday, November 17, 2017. They include:
1. Buehler YMCA, 1400 West Northwest Highway
2. ACE Hardware, 239 East Northwest Highway
3. Palatine Bank and Trust, 110 W. Palatine Road
4. Palatine Opportunity Center, 1585 Rand Road
5. Birchwood Recreation Center, 435 W. Illinois Avenue
6. Palatine Park District, 250 E. Wood Street
7. Palatine Village Hall, 200 E. Wood Street
8. UPS Store, 738 E. Dundee Road
9. Falcon Park Recreation Center, 2195 N. Hicks Road
10. Palatine Police Department, 595 N. Hicks Road
11. Harris Bank, 50 N. Brockway Street
12. Preventative Healthcare, 454 E. Dundee Road
13. Palatine Metra Station, 137 W. Wood Street
For more information, please contact Palatine Township at 847-358-6700.
ABOUT PALATINE TOWNSHIP:
Palatine Township provides numerous services and events for its 113,000 residents, and supports 26 social service agencies located within its boundaries. The Township is one of the most heavily populated in Illinois, with a goal to enhance and improve the quality of life for all of its residents.
Bordered by Lake Cook Road, Huntington Road, Central Road and Wilke Road, residents living in all or part of the following communities are part of the Township: Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Inverness, Arlington Heights, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, South Barrington and Schaumburg. Visit PalatineTownship.com or call 847-358-6700.