Aug 28 2015 | 5:29 pm
- State Rep. Jeanne Ives is urging College of the DuPage to pass a resolution naming the school's Homeland Security Education Center after a Wheaton soldier killed in Afghanastan.
Aug 25 2015 | 8:03 pm
- DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding nearly $300,000 in contracts to several firms. "It is critically important that the county maintain an effective presence in both Washington, D.C. and...
Aug 25 2015 | 4:54 pm
- In search of a cheaper way to secure the DuPage County courthouse, county board members opened discussions on having personnel other than sheriff's deputies provide court security. One official estimated the savings at as much $50,000 per employee.
Aug 24 2015 | 2:46 pm
- DuPage County Board members are expected to decide Tuesday whether to spend $284,000 to continue using four lobbying firms to promote the county’s legislative agenda at the state and federal levels.
Aug 21 2015 | 8:11 pm
- Two law firms initially hired on a temporary basis by College of DuPage’s new board majority will continue representing the school for the forceable future. Meanwhile, two other firms that previous COD boards used for legal advice are on the...
Aug 21 2015 | 8:08 pm
- Nearly two years after the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble’s last performance on the College of DuPage campus, students and residents are urging the school’s board of trustees to bring back the professional theater group.
Aug 21 2015 | 8:51 am
- A push to fire embattled College of DuPage President Robert Breuder — and perhaps rescind his nearly $763,000 buyout agreement — started in earnest Thursday night with COD trustees voting to initiate termination proceedings.
Aug 20 2015 | 8:36 am
- College of DuPage President Robert Breuder received a 3 percent raise last month even though he was on paid administrative leave, was banned from stepping foot on campus and had a majority of the school's trustees actively looking for ways to fire...
Aug 20 2015 | 8:32 am
- Would College of DuPage Trustee Dianne McGuire be the needed fifth vote to fire embattled President Robert Breuder? Only if she's presented with "compelling and valid legal evidence" supporting termination. "It's hard for me to believe they've found...
Aug 19 2015 | 4:54 am
- Termination proceedings could begin as early as Thursday against College of DuPage President Robert Breuder if authorized by the school’s board of trustees, officials said Tuesday. Even if the board votes to initiate the proceedings, officials...